Title race

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think they went with the 5 losses in a row in October.

But had he been sacked immediately after the last of these losses, then perhaps we wouldn’t have dropped 6 points at home to Hamilton and Cove, the latter being their only win in 14 games, and be right in it now.

51 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

But had he been sacked immediately after the last of these losses, then perhaps we wouldn’t have dropped 6 points at home to Hamilton and Cove, the latter being their only win in 14 games, and be right in it now.

Who knows or how Doolan would cope as front runner ?

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

On a results/points swing to the eventual champions basis, I think the worst collapse of league leaders this century is Falkirk in 20/21 League One.

That was properly funny. Three points clear of Cove (four ahead of us) with six games left, and they contrived to finish fifth, eight points behind us. I mind being vaguely disappointed when we scored against Montrose in our last game as it would’ve denied us that great but of patter. 

They also hit out with the most clear ‘players have chucked it’ performance in our 5-0 win to seal the title, best summed up by the below attempt at defending. Sensational.

Edit: I know everyone knows this, I’m just enjoying remembering it. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

51 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That was properly funny. Three points clear of Cove (four ahead of us) with six games left, and they contrived to finish fifth, eight points behind us. I mind being vaguely disappointed when we scored against Montrose in our last game as it would’ve denied us that great but of patter. 

They also hit out with the most clear ‘players have chucked it’ performance in our 5-0 win to seal the title, best summed up by the below attempt at defending. Sensational.

Edit: I know everyone knows this, I’m just enjoying remembering it. 

It was even more spectacular than that. With Falkirk having 8 games left and you having 9 they were 8 ahead. Even if you consider that to really be a 5 point gap rather than 8 owing to your game in hand, that was a 7 point swing in 5 games to you going top and 13 in 8 to the end of the season.

An unprecedented collapse - that's a far quicker rate of shitting the bed than the famous Morton 03/04 or Dundee 09/10 examples.

Dundee are well on course to win the league. They are the form team and are on or around two points per game, at the moment. 

Thistle have had two great results, but we dropped 7 points in three games before that. Including a stalemate in the critical head to head with the Dees.

I'd say we have a fighting chance of Second place, but an Ayr and QP win next week, changes all of that. Then we're looking at 4th place.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It was even more spectacular than that. With Falkirk having 8 games left and you having 9 they were 8 ahead. Even if you consider that to really be a 5 point gap rather than 8 owing to your game in hand, that was a 7 point swing in 5 games to you going top and 13 in 8 to the end of the season.

An unprecedented collapse - that's a far quicker rate of shitting the bed than the famous Morton 03/04 or Dundee 09/10 examples.

Tbf, before the resumption of the season, during that covid break, most Falkirk fans already knew the writing was on the wall even if we were still up there. We had been well and truly figured out in the games leading up to that break, stumbled into it, then did utterly terrible transfer business whilst Partick did decent business and what followed was in fact, fairly predictable. We all knew that if we came off our perch, we wouldn't have the character to chase it down, the video above was just the natural conclusion of it. Wheels were off long before then though. 

51 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Imagine trying to give it to Dundee fans after how pathetic QP were last night, never mind the two games prior 😬

You do realise we have just been lulling y'all into a false sense of security.

They think it's all over.

Is it f**k!?

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we play and win on Tuesday, I reckon the league is ours. If we don't, we give Partick Thistle the opportunity to steal it at the last.

FIFY, there’s a greater than zero chance Raith may have to petition to delay the match, due to an inability to field a team.

41 minutes ago, TxRover said:

FIFY, there’s a greater than zero chance Raith may have to petition to delay the match, due to an inability to field a team.

We've been forced to play a game with a goalie and a retired, 40-year old Dave Mackay registered as outfield players before. You'll be playing that game.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We've been forced to play a game with a goalie and a retired, 40-year old Dave Mackay registered as outfield players before. You'll be playing that game.

Last I remember it was a minimum of 12 players outfield available, but I’m not sure if that applies now…as it stands we have 10 outfield players healthy plus 2 out for the season, 2 that left the field earlier today with injuries, 1 that played injured, 4 that couldn’t play due to injury and 1 out for illness. Of those that missed or were injured today, the 2 off today won’t be ready, the illness is unknown, 1 of the 4 won’t be risked and todays injured one might now be out. That leaves 3 of todays not on the bench to possibly add to 10 healthy players. I know it’s so late there’s very little fudge room in the schedule, but it would be a shite call to make us roll out with no outfield subs.

We have 2 keepers healthy at least.