Title race

All these permutations relying on Dundee to LOSE to Cove, show it is their title to throw away. I doubt that will happen.

ICT showing good form going into the playoffs too. Closely followed by Dundee with everybody else middling to struggling.

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

All these permutations relying on Dundee to LOSE to Cove, show it is their title to throw away. I doubt that will happen.

We don't need Dundee to lose to Cove. As unlikely as us winning the next 3 might be, the only team we actually have to rely on is ourselves.

Edited by Zanetti

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

This is the Scottish Championship…THIS IS FITBA…it would be peak Dundee to beat ICT and lose to Cove.

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This is the Scottish Championship…THIS IS FITBA…it would be peak Dundee to beat ICT and lose to Cove.

Would take something ridiculous like Cove scoring two worldie overhead kicks in a single game, but that would never happen!

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Everyone has that game down as a given for Dundee. Watching Dundee for over 2 decades now I know it is nothing of the sort. 

28 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Everyone has that game down as a given for Dundee. Watching Dundee for over 2 decades now I know it is nothing of the sort. 

Trust me, as a Raith fan, I’m well aware of the “given game result” fallacy.

Any team can make a case for lamenting shite periods in the season. We’ve chopped and changed and being pish for half a season and are still top.  We’ve gained a lot of consistency in recent months which has allowed us to catch Queens Park, aided and abetted by them too, granted. 

17 hours ago, an86 said:

My point is that Cove gives you a bit of breathing space. Beat them, as you almost certainly will, then you’ve got at least one hand on the trophy, regardless of what happens on Friday/Saturday. It would mean someone else having to get to 62 points, which looks odds against. 

My point was if we had played Cove earlier we would have those 3 points on the board now i.e. 4 points clear rather than 1 so we would already have that breathing space and the league would be all but over now.

(assuming we swap it for a game we dropped points in and if we're playing hypotheticals I'll use that hypothesis!) 

14 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

We all agree with that, but when we're playing what if's it's reasonable to assume we beat Cove.

Whether we do or not is a different matter.

Absolute state of this article. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship-promotion-fight-predicted-29754911.amp

Firstly, they say Inverness sit on 54 points but Partick Thistle are 3rd with 52 points.

Then go on to predict that Ayr will finish in a play-off spot by finishing 5th.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship-promotion-fight-predicted-29754911.amp

Firstly, they say Inverness sit on 54 points but Partick Thistle are 3rd with 52 points.

Embarrassingly bad levels of reporting and attention to detail. It shows you the gauge of interest they actually have in the league. How can you even get it wrong? Just look at the league table properly ffs.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This one on the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65334432

is not much better, describing 10th place Arbroath taking on, errr, bottom club Cove Rangers.

26 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This one on the BBC

is not much better, describing 10th place Arbroath taking on, errr, bottom club Cove Rangers.

How is that possible, I’ve made bigger posts than that article on here in about 5 minutes yet this Jack Herrall has managed all they errors and posted them on the BBC as casual as you like. Does nobody check this pish beforehand, just how lazy is it. Embarrassing 

50 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Embarrassingly bad levels of reporting and attention to detail. It shows you the gauge of interest they actually have in the league. How can you even get it wrong? Just look at the league table properly ffs.

It's the daily rangers, they don't actually know who half of the clubs they named are.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How is that possible, I’ve made bigger posts than that article on here in about 5 minutes yet this Jack Herrall has managed all they errors and posted them on the BBC as casual as you like. Does nobody check this pish beforehand, just how lazy is it. Embarrassing 

Again, BBC sport has a very low threshold of fact checking. Benson is atrocious and yet he's been the lead writer on Formula 1 for years.

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think we all know the answer to that.

I'm surprised the article doesn't include 'X team, with Rangers youngster X player on loan' for every club who has a *** playing for them.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think we all know the answer to that.

I'm surprised the article doesn't include 'X team, with Rangers youngster X player on loan' for every club who has a *** playing for them.

Similar to the discussion on the other thread. This sort of lazy and tired journalism is exactly the reason why Scottish football isn't in the place it should be. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This one on the BBC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hilarious, and who knows, maybe written by ChatGPT or some stupid shite like that. Sounds like whomever wrote it knows just enough about English football to be dangerous with their assumptions,

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Predicting Thistle to go up via play offs??? Hahahaha

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Similar to the discussion on the other thread. This sort of lazy and tired journalism is exactly the reason why Scottish football isn't in the place it should be. 

Papers have largely binned sub editors who generally knew their stuff and could spell check.