Title race

the good thing for me is that Queens have to win so they will have to open up and have a go and we have the players who can punish them(imo)..if they needed only a point and played the cove system of 10-0-0 i'd have the fear...1st goal is huge we get it and i feel we'll get a few more Queens get it and it could become an uncomfortable evening for us.

3 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

the good thing for me is that Queens have to win so they will have to open up and have a go and we have the players who can punish them(imo)..if they needed only a point and played the cove system of 10-0-0 i'd have the fear...1st goal is huge we get it and i feel we'll get a few more Queens get it and it could become an uncomfortable evening for us.

QP are having to go all out and are not very good on the counter. Hopefully we will take advantages of these opportunities when they come.

However for me the real key is simple: keep a clean sheet. We've kept 16 clean sheets in the league this season, two of which came against QP while they had Simon Murray. Heads screwed on at the back, we get the result we want.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

QP are having to go all out and are not very good on the counter. Hopefully we will take advantages of these opportunities when they come.

However for me the real key is simple: keep a clean sheet. We've kept 16 clean sheets in the league this season, two of which came against QP while they had Simon Murray. Heads screwed on at the back, we get the result we want.

We are also unbeaten in 10 league games - and we tend to play better against the more attacking teams because it suits us playing a counterattacking game.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We are also unbeaten in 10 league games - and we tend to play better against the more attacking teams because it suits us playing a counterattacking game.

Well, bad news for you then as it seems we haven't attacked since February!

On 28/04/2023 at 22:11, PauloPerth said:

Where as a neutral you can sit back and enjoy it without any undue stress!

............ unless you're a Morton supporter hoping that you avoid the last-game Cove banana-skin, whilst desperately praying for Raith to beat Partick or Caley to draw with Ayr so we make the playoffs ........

Edited by Chippyminton

40 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

God save the Queens.

"The SPFL will not follow the Premier League's lead in asking clubs to play 'God Save The King' at matches this weekend to mark the Coronation weekend."

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23492675.spfl-god-save-king-update-premier-league-coronation-plans/

Quite right too. Virtue-signalling in the extreme down south, cow-towing to someone who got lucky by just happening to be born into the right family. The country will spend millions on this, whilst pensioners and young families choose whether to eat or stay warm.

22 hours ago, TxRover said:

Are we at the business end of the season yet?

To be fair, at the start of the season, I'd have snapped the hand off you to be in Raith's position now. Dreaming of sunny days and drinks with wee umbrellas and bits of fruit in them.

We had to screw that up by doing mad stuff like winning games and, for all we've struggled recently, by keeping it going until the last game.