Title race

Interesting fixture layout right now, as if Queen’s Park beat Cove, and Partick beat Morton, the next weekend features a really juicy clash of the two teams tied on points for second trying to keep up with or close on the leaders (depending which ICT team shows up). At worst, the Partick v Dundee match will be to see if Partick can catch Dundee, though Dundee would still have a game in hand in either case. Should be fun.

15 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Second bottom in the Premiership should play 4th in the Championship. The playoffs are too heavily weighted on survival of the top tier team.

Sorry that was the deal maker to get PL teams to accept a playoff game.

Taking a step back playoffs have been good for maintaining supporter interest. Teams might be out the championship winning race but have a wild card if they make the playoffs.

Interesting analysis of playoff outcomes and having eight years data adds substance to the argument.

Yes, being fourth you don't realy merit getting up.

So we will add this data to our match day team talks and set 3rd as the least acceptable finish for the Ton.

I would like Morton to win promotion this season, and only Morton. 

And if that can't happen, then I would like a financial or footballing incident to occur that would result in no team being promoted. An incident so serious that it would not only derail this season, but seriously cripple the prospect of these 4 teams ever playing in the Premiership again.

Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

And if that can't happen, then I would like a financial or footballing incident to occur that would result in no team being promoted. An incident so serious that it would not only derail this season, but seriously cripple the prospect of these 4 teams ever playing in the Premiership again.

Thank you.

Episode 2 Wow GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

Thank you.

Do you need a lift to get to your appointment later today?

8 minutes ago, Mission said:

Do you need a lift to get to your appointment later today?

No appointments in the calendar thank you.

If the offer is open ended, I'll take you up on it when its time for bankruptcy hearing for your wretched plastic club in circa 5 years. I wouldn't want to miss that for the world. 

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Thank you.

Personally, next season I’d be a bit more in favor of Celtic and Rangers ending up 11th and 12th, then Celtic bottling it to Ayr in the playoffs, and wailing and gnashing of teeth that would ensue.

54 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Personally, next season I’d be a bit more in favor of Celtic and Rangers ending up 11th and 12th, then Celtic bottling it to Ayr in the playoffs, and wailing and gnashing of teeth that would ensue.

How many managers do you reckon both arsecheeks would go through in the season in that scenario? 

I'd say four.

42 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

I'd be content with us just making the playoffs, whilst having supporters of other teams realise that not all of us are complete nutjobs.

Just had a quick scan at your post history. Not good!

You stick to wishing good luck and giving compliments to despicable clubs like QP and Partick, and leave being a proper fan to me. 👍

11 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

You stick to wishing good luck and giving compliments to despicable clubs like QP and Partick, and leave being a proper fan to me. 👍

Sorry to disappoint.. To me - being a 'proper' fan of the game also involves showing humility and respect to our opponents. But I totally get that we're all different. Very best wishes to you.

19 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Ill will and 'banter' I guess is part and parcel of a football forum. There are a few though who rarely offer any useful insight or humour, but feed off a level of hatefulness that eclipses support for their own club, and exposes a very unhappy mind (you know who you are).  It's a shame really as P&B is unrivalled for information and discussion, but it can be a very tedious and depressing place to be.

2 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Ill will and 'banter' I guess is part and parcel of a football forum. There are a few though who rarely offer any useful insight or humour, but feed off a level of hatefulness that eclipses support for their own club, and exposes a very unhappy mind (you know who you are).  It's a shame really as P&B is unrivalled for information and discussion, but it can be a very tedious and depressing place to be.

I actually think compared to almost any other football discussion you can find online that P&B is possibly the most sane and balanced discussion you could hope for. If you ignore the odd roaster of which each team has a few, most of the debate is pretty good natured and relatively informed. I think that's largely fed by a fan culture in Scotland that (outside of the bigot brothers) is much more rational and positive than most countries.