Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2023

He tried to go for Brophy when he was the Aberdeen manager. 

Not sure if Killie will be able to afford him, or if anyone will offer the same amount he is on with us. He may want to collect that wage for another 12 months that's left on his contract with us.

3k a week has been mentioned. 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

We'll be seeing you guys next season 

I would doubt it. I think you would survive the playoff whereas we will finish 3rd I think and will struggle to win the playoffs, even if we get to the final. However, that could all pan out to be a load of shite 🤔😂

We're fucked. This is a worse team than the one that got relegated two years ago. Championship level players, too many academy loans and a clueless manager. Add in a board who know as much about running a football club as my dug does then we are royally fucked and there won't be a quick return this time. McInnes on a 3 year deal. Wonder if he fancies Div One in two years time because that's where we're heading. 

3 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

We're fucked. This is a worse team than the one that got relegated two years ago. Championship level players, too many academy loans and a clueless manager. Add in a board who know as much about running a football club as my dug does then we are royally fucked and there won't be a quick return this time. McInnes on a 3 year deal. Wonder if he fancies Div One in two years time because that's where we're heading. 

There may be trouble ahead….

Edited by killiepiemuncher

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Couldn’t be arsed going to find our actual thread but @RandomGuy. can you do one of your stats things for Rory McKenzie at some stage?

I’ve got no idea what his actual role is supposed to be but he is often our most advanced central midfielder.

mck.thumb.png.6879bda5ed1b07f3b28c01d610c66bc0.png

It reckons box-to-box but I think thats just a flaw because hes involved in ground duels. Definitely looks more weighted towards the attacking side of the game though, doesn't really do much in possession outwith the final third? 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

mck.thumb.png.6879bda5ed1b07f3b28c01d610c66bc0.png

It reckons box-to-box but I think thats just a flaw because hes involved in ground duels. Definitely looks more weighted towards the attacking side of the game though, doesn't really do much in possession outwith the final third? 

A lot of that looks pretty accurate with the exception of shot quality and creative (😂) passer.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

A lot of that looks pretty accurate with the exception of shot quality and creative (😂) passer.

Shot quality is the quality of chance they get, effectively xG per shot (does he get in decent positions when he does get a chance?), rather than how good they are at shooting. Maybe still wrong though 😂

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shot quality is the quality of chance they get, effectively xG per shot (does he get in decent positions when he does get a chance?), rather than how good they are at shooting. Maybe still wrong though 😂

Yeah I suppose he does but unfortunately no conviction in any of his shots.

If the overall of 34% indicates he is almost in the bottom 3rd of midfielders in their database then that sounds about right (depending on what levels the database covers).

ETA - As to your earlier point he definitely is mostly based in the attacking side of midfield but unfortunately never going to be either a 10 or a winger. Just sort of there.

What about the rest of the midfielders when you have time, Power and Polworth being the main two who play alongside Rory.

Edited by Sortmeout

53 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Yeah I suppose he does but unfortunately no conviction in any of his shots.

If the overall of 34% indicates he is almost in the bottom 3rd of midfielders in their database then that sounds about right (depending on what levels the database covers).

ETA - As to your earlier point he definitely is mostly based in the attacking side of midfield but unfortunately never going to be either a 10 or a winger. Just sort of there.

What about the rest of the midfielders when you have time, Power and Polworth being the main two who play alongside Rory.

Can vary by metric, but 25-55 is roughly where the "Average Scottish Premiership" level seems to sit. Easier to see in these I think?

mck3.thumb.png.a5b9f75266ac5e6cee194086c3f66a58.png

Other two...

power.thumb.png.0848c29245583ef84e5687cd4c4f755d.png

Still decent enough winning the ball, and moving it around, but offers little to nothing in the opponents half?

polworth.thumb.png.5aeaae164e8f012d20601707e9b2c48c.png

Much better on the ball, but gives you nothing defensively. High overall score because the CM rating system is kind of weighted towards Possession/Attack scores tbh, not figured out the best balance yet.

Kind of feels like all 3 should balance each others strengths/weaknesses out on paper, but in reality you've probably just got 3 flawed CMs doing just one thing well? Probably need at least one player who can do a bit of everything.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can vary by metric, but 25-55 is roughly where the "Average Scottish Premiership" level seems to sit. Easier to see in these I think?

mck3.thumb.png.a5b9f75266ac5e6cee194086c3f66a58.png

Other two...

power.thumb.png.0848c29245583ef84e5687cd4c4f755d.png

Still decent enough winning the ball, and moving it around, but offers little to nothing in the opponents half?

polworth.thumb.png.5aeaae164e8f012d20601707e9b2c48c.png

Much better on the ball, but gives you nothing defensively. High overall score because the CM rating system is kind of weighted towards Possession/Attack scores tbh, not figured out the best balance yet.

Kind of feels like all 3 should balance each others strengths/weaknesses out on paper, but in reality you've probably just got 3 flawed CMs doing just one thing well? Probably need at least one player who can do a bit of everything.

Out of interest, do you use the data from Wyscout and create these yourself? 

Got a free trial, but very much still figuring it all out. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Out of interest, do you use the data from Wyscout and create these yourself? 

Got a free trial, but very much still figuring it all out. 

I use the "Advanced Search" section to download player data from selected leagues. I then make the metrics i use in the charts myself from that, most are easy to figure tbh.

"Aerial duels p90", "Aerial duel win, %" are both used to figure out a "Aerial Disruptor" score, for example. I then add some adjustments for league etc.

17 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

McInnes talk players from Scottish premiership club, Scottish Championship, Scottish League One or Two clubs  to new signing to pre-contract until Summer 2023 with who reject new contract deal

Hopefully all of them, including himself….