Next seasons Championship

36 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Not sure why Falkirk are showing in next season's lists, watched them against us in the Mickey Mouse cup and against Dunfermline and they were awful

But listen, nobody's dead.

Edit : I'd only seen it once.

Hes fucking lost it. He's always been a rocket but that's a man about to melt.

Edited by Derry Alli

Ross County for me are certainties to get relegated. Dundee Utd will be in the play off place but win to remain in the SPL. Cove and Arbroath to be relegated and replaced with Dunfermline and Falkirk 

would of course want to see our Ayrshire neighbours back in the championship but feel they have enough about them to scrape 10th place 

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ross County for me are certainties to get relegated. Dundee Utd will be in the play off place but win to remain in the SPL. Cove and Arbroath to be relegated and replaced with Dunfermline and Falkirk 

would of course want to see our Ayrshire neighbours back in the championship but feel they have enough about them to scrape 10th place 

The same Ross County who have recently beat Dundee United and Kilmarnock? Another woeful shout from you. 

Dundee Utd and Killie are comfortably the worst two teams in that league. I’m surprised Killie haven’t rolled the dice with a new manager as McInnes has been a terrible manager for them despite getting them up last season.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dundee Utd and Killie are comfortably the worst two teams in that league. I’m surprised Killie haven’t rolled the dice with a new manager as McInnes has been a terrible manager for them despite getting them up last season.

I am of the opinion that McInnes is a fraud and Killie will come to rue giving him a new deal. 

We're not quite done here yet, give us a few weeks and we might be right enough.

Games are running out but there's a bit of progression, competitiveness coming back and with a few key players returning we might start grinding out points.

I expect the bottom 3 to be fluid it must be said. We've been 8th for months, anyone know a website for tracking position week by week as I'm interested to see if we've been 9th at all. Not like it matters, only the final standings are ultimately important.

We could dip to 9th if Arbroath take Morton at Gayfield on Friday.

Even if we go down, I'll be keenly watching games in the Championship next year as it's lining up to be one hell of a league

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We're not quite done here yet, give us a few weeks and we might be right enough.

Games are running out but there's a bit of progression, competitiveness coming back and with a few key players returning we might start grinding out points.

I expect the bottom 3 to be fluid it must be said. We've been 8th for months, anyone know a website for tracking position week by week as I'm interested to see if we've been 9th at all. Not like it matters, only the final standings are ultimately important.

We could dip to 9th if Arbroath take Morton at Gayfield on Friday.

Even if we go down, I'll be keenly watching games in the Championship next year as it's lining up to be one hell of a league

I fully believe that Jim McIntyre would’ve kept you up. 

I wouldn’t be remotely confident of any of the Championship sides winning a playoff against probably Falkirk. Arbroath simply don’t score goals nearly enough and Campbell seems insistent on doing weird stuff with team selections, Hamilton can look quite good sometimes but are also capable of being wildly incompetent, and while we haven’t beaten Cove this season, they clearly aren’t very good either.

My money would be on Cove bottom, and Arbroath down in the playoffs.

At the other end, if it’s Killie in the playoffs then the championship side should fancy their chances.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I fully believe that Jim McIntyre would’ve kept you up. 

His late loan signings of Sanders, Gilmour and Max Johnston were outstanding for us. Really transformed the first half of our season after a rocky bedding in period. 

Hate the fact he ousted Rory.

McIntyre might well have recruited better and kept us afloat. Turbulent times since his departure. Gilmour, Fyvie, Yule and even Mitch all been missing hasn't helped any of our managers. Big players for us.

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

His late loan signings of Sanders, Gilmour and Max Johnston were outstanding for us. Really transformed the first half of our season after a rocky bedding in period. 

Hate the fact he ousted Rory.

McIntyre might well have recruited better and kept us afloat. Turbulent times since his departure. Gilmour, Fyvie, Yule and even Mitch all been missing hasn't helped any of our managers. Big players for us.

Had David Bangala showed anything which suggests he could play at this level? 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Had David Bangala showed anything which suggests he could play at this level? 

Unfortunately not. I'm my opinion he'd be our 6th choice centre mid behind Yule, Scully, Fyvie, Vigurs, Virtanen. In that order would be my preference. Bangala has been benched the last few games and got the last few minutes. When Blair is back he won't get that even.

Clearly can move unlikely Vigurs but unlike the latter he doesn't have the expansive array of passing or composure on the ball. 

My first thought is all the Championship teams including us are shite and the Premiership team should skate the playoff in a similar way that St J did last year, but then if you look at the cup results this season between the divisions there have been quite a few where the Championship team has got a result. In fact I think the arse cheeks, Hearts, and -weirdly- Dundee Utd are the only teams that haven't lost to lower league (or non league in the case of Aberdeen) opposition this season.

Assuming Dunfermline don't bottle it I'd still fancy Falkirk to come up as well, although if they do have to play Airdrie I have it in my head that Airdrie have been a total bogey team for them over the last few years.

I think potentially the most brutal for us would be Dundee Utd down, QP up, Morton up through playoffs and Ross County down, Dunfermline and Falkirk replacing Cove and Arbroath

Would leave:

Dundee Utd
Dundee
Falkirk
Dunfermline
Partick Thistle
ICT
Ross Co
Ayr
Hamilton
Raith

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A whole host of terrible shouts.