Rangers v Celtic - Scottish Cup Semi Final

AJF

On 28/03/2023 at 10:57, Elric said:

No away fans at either Ibrox or Parkhead for the remaining OF games for fear of violence and crowd trouble.

Can only presume the SFA are assuming they will be on their best behaviour for this game?  Should have sent out a message and played it behind closed doors with no tv coverage.

celtic played on Parkheads poor segregation to get the advantage that they needed. The SFA should have called their bluff.

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

Key sentence in there was he was led to believe it was Celtic call so in other words he doesn’t actually know since he wasn’t privvy to the negotiations. There is no secret as to why there is reduced allocations and lockouts, Mikey just needs to open his eyes for once and stop lapping up what his paymasters tell him as gospel.

He’s on a hiding to nothing this guy. 

33 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Key sentence in there was he was led to believe it was Celtic call so in other words he doesn’t actually know since he wasn’t privvy to the negotiations. There is no secret as to why there is reduced allocations and lockouts, Mikey just needs to open his eyes for once and stop lapping up what his paymasters tell him as gospel.

He’s on a hiding to nothing this guy. 

What Beale says was originally reported by the press, that it was Celtic’s decision to go for the complete lock out. No smoke without fire.

Edited by AJF

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

What Beale says was originally reported by the press, that it was Celtic’s decision to go for the complete lock out. No smoke without flames.

But again we are just right back to discussing why we are in this position in the first place and that’s because Dave King decided to “flex” and reduce allocations by 6/7k. 

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

But again we are just right back to discussing why we are in this position in the first place and that’s because Dave King decided to “flex” and reduce allocations by 6/7k. 

I’ve never denied that’s why we are here. I’m simply saying on this occasion it was Celtic’s decision to enforce a total lockout.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve never denied that’s why we are here. I’m simply saying on this occasion it was Celtic’s decision to enforce a total lockout.

What was reported originally is that this was an agreement by both clubs so this is contradictory to that and after Beales remarks about unrestricted budgets and making up handballs then I’m inclined to think he is just saying what his fans want to hear as it deflects away from coming up short …. again. You will disagree and eat from the palm of his hand which is your prerogative. Tbf I thought this may play into Rangers hands as they tended to do better in front of no fans 😉

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/23394158.old-firm-fan-ban-rangers-celtic-make-away-support-call/

It has been agreed by both clubs that this was the best way forward and a joint decision has been reached that will once again dramatically change the sight and sound of derby day in Glasgow after issues at both stadia in recent campaigns.

Earlier this month, Rangers fan Alan Crawford pleaded guilty to throwing a bottle at Celtic physio Daniel Friel, who needed four stitches and has been left with a scar on his scalp, during the Ibrox fixture last April.

Rangers were 'disappointed' with the police response during the 1-1 draw at Parkhead last May and stated their fans were 'left unprotected as they were attacked by bottles and other missiles' amid injuries to elderly and disabled supporters.

And the situation regarding ingress and egress at Parkhead remains an issue for Rangers as away fans are forced to gather two hours ahead of kick-off and remain in the stadium for a prolonged period post-match.

It is understood that the decision to ban away supporters has now been taken in order to provide time to find solutions to sort out various arrangements at both stadia.

Edited by Jinky67

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Have you ever gone a day without mentioning me or regurgitating the same tired and lazy posts? What a fucking bore you have become 

I'll take that as a no then.

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What was reported originally is that this was an agreement by both clubs so this is contradictory to that and after Beales remarks about unrestricted budgets and making up handballs then I’m inclined to think he is just saying what his fans want to hear as it deflects away from coming up short …. again. You will disagree and eat from the palm of his hand which is your prerogative. Tbf I thought this may play into Rangers hands as they tended to do better in front of no fans 😉

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/23394158.old-firm-fan-ban-rangers-celtic-make-away-support-call/

It has been agreed by both clubs that this was the best way forward and a joint decision has been reached that will once again dramatically change the sight and sound of derby day in Glasgow after issues at both stadia in recent campaigns.

Earlier this month, Rangers fan Alan Crawford pleaded guilty to throwing a bottle at Celtic physio Daniel Friel, who needed four stitches and has been left with a scar on his scalp, during the Ibrox fixture last April.

Rangers were 'disappointed' with the police response during the 1-1 draw at Parkhead last May and stated their fans were 'left unprotected as they were attacked by bottles and other missiles' amid injuries to elderly and disabled supporters.

And the situation regarding ingress and egress at Parkhead remains an issue for Rangers as away fans are forced to gather two hours ahead of kick-off and remain in the stadium for a prolonged period post-match.

It is understood that the decision to ban away supporters has now been taken in order to provide time to find solutions to sort out various arrangements at both stadia.

You’ll find there were multiple reports that Celtic were advocating an “all or nothing approach”.

I fully support full crowds coming back, but on the back of articles like below and Beale’s comments, it’s hardly controversial to believe this was Celtic pushing it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-celtic-away-fan-standoff-29489043.amp

Edited by AJF

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’ll find there were multiple reports that Celtic were advocating an “all or nothing approach”.

I fully support full crowds coming back, but on the back of articles like below and Beale’s comments, it’s hardly controversial to believe this was Celtic pushing it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-celtic-away-fan-standoff-29489043.amp

And the reason for pushing it was for a return to the previous allocation numbers which I’m 100% behind.

700 or whatever it is now may as well be a lockout for all it offers in terms of atmosphere or the chance to be at it in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

And the reason for pushing it was for a return to the previous allocation numbers which I’m 100% behind.

700 or whatever it is now may as well be a lockout for all it offers in terms of atmosphere or the chance to be at it in my opinion.

I’m not disagreeing with that. But you criticised me prior to the match for suggesting it was Celtic pushing for the complete lockout and now it turns out it likely was.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not disagreeing with that. But you criticised me prior to the match for suggesting it was Celtic pushing for the complete lockout and now it turns out it likely was.

My criticism was that there seemed to be a lack of acknowledgement from you that everything that has happened has been as a direct result of Dave King spitting the dummy and that he has fucked you over as much as he has me however you seem to think there is some flexing to do over Celtic instigating a lock out because they want to revert back to the way it was but there isn’t 

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

My criticism was that there seemed to be a lack of acknowledgement from you that everything that has happened has been as a direct result of Dave King spitting the dummy and that he has fucked you over as much as he has me however you seem to think there is some flexing to do over Celtic instigating a lock out because they want to revert back to the way it was but there isn’t 

I don’t believe I’ve went out my way to not acknowledge that. I’ve said numerous times that I appreciate it has been decisions made by Rangers that have led us here. This is also not a flex, just an opinion based on the information available.