SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

In what sense are the SNP in disarray.There is no challenge to the leadership.Licking their wounds after a bad election result...yes.

Taking time out to 'post mortem' the results and consider future strategy does not indicate 'disarray' in my book.

There is absolutely an ongoing challenge to the leadership of the SNP, which has been mounted on a daily basis in the media over the past week by high profile party members and ex-members.

There might not be a move to directly remove Swinney as party leader - because that would be demented after a couple of months - but there is no unity of direction. 

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The key phrase there is 'SNP in disarray'.  I'm struggling to see how that situation is  going to be altered, either soon or in the medium term.

One key response is a resolution of the investigation into Peter Murrell. Trust was presumably a significant issue during the last campaign. And although the sums of money are not at Michelle Mone levels, they're enough to continue to make negative headlines. 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Flynn to stand for Holyrood and become party leader would be a big first step.

Putting Forbes in a sack and chucking her over the side of a boat into the North Sea would also help.

Screenshot_20240710_221043.jpg

4 hours ago, HTG said:

One key response is a resolution of the investigation into Peter Murrell. Trust was presumably a significant issue during the last campaign. And although the sums of money are not at Michelle Mone levels, they're enough to continue to make negative headlines. 

Trust was less of an issue than competence. Rightly or not, the SG has lost any claim to that in delivering public services. 

That'll be the case regardless of the leader - you cannot govern for 17 years and expect to be judged positively overall.

The guy's you tube profile picture is enough to convince me that my algorithm will get completely fucked up if I click on that video.

20 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

There's a good chance the SNP will go bankrupt IMO.

His main point appears to be that that the SNP will lose some Short Money because they now have fewer MP's.

Short money is intended to assist opposition parties with parliamentary expenses. The SNP will not be incurring those expenses any more for the seats that they lost.. 

Perhaps looking at the Annual Accounts might be a better place to look for information?

8 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

His main point appears to be that that the SNP will lose some Short Money because they now have fewer MP's.

Short money is intended to assist opposition parties with parliamentary expenses. The SNP will not be incurring those expenses any more for the seats that they lost.. 

Perhaps looking at the Annual Accounts might be a better place to look for information?

Apparently the accounts will be available to view in August.

They mention it on here

They also mention a rumour of Sturgeon starting her own independence party! 😆

I stopped watching at "another amazing night of anti-nationalist chat".

I have no intention of wasting an hour and a quarter. 

Perhaps you could link to the relevant piece of anti-nationalist information.

46 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Isn't "short money" funding that parties get from parliament? So having fewer MPs means less funding. This idea SNP are in serious financial difficulty is certainly doing the rounds.

35 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Apparently the accounts will be available to view in August.

They mention it on here

They also mention a rumour of Sturgeon starting her own independence party! 😆

Just from the thumbnail there, I recognise David. He stood for George Galloway's party a few years back. He's a bit on the anti-social side:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/candidate-george-galloways-party-linked-22599669

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Isn't "short money" funding that parties get from parliament? So having fewer MPs means less funding. This idea SNP are in serious financial difficulty is certainly doing the rounds.

As I said, the Short Money is intended to pay parliamentary expenses at WM. Fewer MP's means less expense (no need to employ parliamentary assistants etc)

The accounting method used by the SNP always mekes them look less solvent than they actually are. Monies held in individual branches HQ accounts are counted as liabilities rather than assets, as technically this money os owed to individual branches. In reality, however, HQ can take a levy from individual branches at practically any time they like.

15 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

As I said, the Short Money is intended to pay parliamentary expenses at WM. Fewer MP's means less expense (no need to employ parliamentary assistants etc)

The accounting method used by the SNP always mekes them look less solvent than they actually are. Monies held in individual branches HQ accounts are counted as liabilities rather than assets, as technically this money os owed to individual branches. In reality, however, HQ can take a levy from individual branches at practically any time they like.

That's not what I'm reading. Short money is seperate from parliamentary expenses. It's there to help parties hold the government to account. The loss of 39 MP's has seen this budget drop per year to £360,000, down from £1.3m.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Not what I'm reading, it's seperate from parliamentary expenses. It's their to help parties hold the government to account. The loss of the 39 MPs has seen this budget reduce, per year to £360,000 from £1.3 million.

SNP faces £1m Westminster funding cut - BBC News 46 B · 0 downloads

I think we are both talking about the same thing. I said that there would be fewer parliamentary assistants, the BBC article that you link to says that the SNP will have to sack parliamentary staff. Same difference.

13 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I think we are both talking about the same thing. I said that there would be fewer parliamentary assistants, the BBC article that you link to says that the SNP will have to sack parliamentary staff. 

You seem though, to be conflating short money with parliamentary expenses and so are (it appears) downplaying this loss of money, where as to me, it looks a disastrous loss.

Short money pays for researchers etc in the UK parliament to assist opposition parties in conducting parliamentary business.

This is a totally separate matter from parliamentary expenses like maintaining duck-houses & funding trips to airports near football grounds to call dubious offsides.

20 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

You seem though, to be conflating short money with parliamentary expenses and so are (it appears) downplaying this loss of money, where as to me, it looks a disastrous loss.

Do you think short money is just free money to parties to be banked and spent on whatever they like?