QP v Arbroath

Lichties seem to have an extraordinary ability to pull off results like this - witness just how badly we’ve struggled every time we’ve played them this season. I just finished a night shift and casually pulled out my phone to check out how many Queens had won by, and if they’d hit double figures. Oooft. Fabulous result for Arbroath, well played lads.

11 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Lichties seem to have an extraordinary ability to pull off results like this - witness just how badly we’ve struggled every time we’ve played them this season. I just finished a night shift and casually pulled out my phone to check out how many Queens had won by, and if they’d hit double figures. Oooft. Fabulous result for Arbroath, well played lads.

I think we’ve been close to it a lot especially since the turn of the year.

Look at the amount of draws we have in comparison to Cove and Hamilton. I think we’re a better overall team than both of them but have struggled badly with scoring goals and managing games well. Our home form is also absolutely dreadful for whatever reason it’s killed us to be honest, but I think away from home we have only lost once since the middle of October. At the end of the day our back 5 is virtually the exact same as last year. 

Out of us Cove and Hamilton I also feel like we’ve got the most experience and are the most robust side so hopefully that tells in the end. 

I think our pitch has a lot to do with our downturn at Gayfield, (not slating Booner BTW) it's just the time of year with no growth, our playing surface was always one of the best in Scotland. I feel we canna get the ba doon and play fitba like we can on a good surface. 

Hopefully when we can start getting a bit of growth on the pitch our home performances will improve 🤞

Oh and on a side note how much difference did it make having a decent referee officiating last night. I thought Clancy had a good game. 

That was such an unexpected 3 points. Thought the midfield struggled a bit again. Maybe just missing that little bit of dig in there. Brilliant to see Hilson on the scoresheet again, he took his goal brilliantly. 

2 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

I think our pitch has a lot to do with our downturn at Gayfield, (not slating Booner BTW) it's just the time of year with no growth, our playing surface was always one of the best in Scotland. I feel we canna get the ba doon and play fitba like we can on a good surface. 

Hopefully when we can start getting a bit of growth on the pitch our home performances will improve 🤞

Oh and on a side note how much difference did it make having a decent referee officiating last night. I thought Clancy had a good game. 

I feel like we made absolutely zero effort to play football until the start of this year either to be fair. But hopefully we can do something in our remaining games at Gayf. At home to Cove and Hamilton the 3rd last and last game of the season. All in our hands.

I also think Clancy was clearly levels above some of the recent refs we’ve had to put up with. Day and night difference 

27 minutes ago, behindthelens said:

Plenty balls across the box, a very good save from Gaston and a couple of great defensive challenges from us but a lot of long range efforts from QP there. Adarkwa with couple of very good chances for us too. Dale Hilson sending wee Oakley for a hot dog, wee man’s probably still sliding. Big Eze is a bit of a bomb scare every time I see him. Just way too casual at times. 

Thanks for these though will watch several times throughout the week. 

48 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think we’ve been close to it a lot especially since the turn of the year.

Look at the amount of draws we have in comparison to Cove and Hamilton. I think we’re a better overall team than both of them but have struggled badly with scoring goals and managing games well. Our home form is also absolutely dreadful for whatever reason it’s killed us to be honest, but I think away from home we have only lost once since the middle of October. At the end of the day our back 5 is virtually the exact same as last year. 

Out of us Cove and Hamilton I also feel like we’ve got the most experience and are the most robust side so hopefully that tells in the end. 

I completely agree. I’ve always thought that Arbroath’s current position isn’t actually a true reflection of your team’s ability. I know that you were rank rotten in the first half against us last week - but you still grabbed a point against the odds. As for last night - an away win against the league leaders says it all. The run-in’s going to be arse-puckering for sure.

I was saying to Lichtie23 at half time that, as much as Eze is a unit at the back for QP, his first touch can be pretty wild and so it proved for the goal.

Hilson has the experience to prey on those kind of things. While Adarkwa is probably our best option upfront, he was quite easily marshalled by Eze and Fox.

4 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

I completely agree. I’ve always thought that Arbroath’s current position isn’t actually a true reflection of your team’s ability. I know that you were rank rotten in the first half against us last week - but you still grabbed a point against the odds. As for last night - an away win against the league leaders says it all. The run-in’s going to be arse-puckering for sure.

No our position is justified mate. We’ve been rank rotten the majority of the season. This hopefully gives us a wee boost now to finish the season strong. A point at home to Ayr next Friday wouldn’t be a bad result. 

24 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Guys haven’t been up to their usual standard. I think summer to January transfer window we had a lot of good players but absolutely zero attacking threat or any balance to squad. Think this lead to the likes of ToB, Ricky Little etc being way off it and a shadow of themselves. Last week aside where we were horrendous they’re starting to get back to themselves. Unbeaten in 5 now. I think Gaston is the only player who for the whole season has played up to his level. He’d be my player of the season. Like Lichtie23 said though we are where we are for a reason but we’ve got the squad there now to pull us out this mess. Hopefully we can do that. 

24 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

I was saying to Lichtie23 at half time that, as much as Eze is a unit at the back for QP, his first touch can be pretty wild and so it proved for the goal.

Hilson has the experience to prey on those kind of things. While Adarkwa is probably our best option upfront, he was quite easily marshalled by Eze and Fox.

Oh aye he was but he was also very isolated with not much support, any he done enough to make them play it out for a throw in and to get us up the park and that’s all that’s needed along with a good shift. I think he’s got a goal in him, I know he had 2 good chances last night but on his right I’d have fancied him to take one of them. Anyway it’s night and day from having Olusanya up there on his own, he’d be on his arse, QP would’ve won ball back not a problem and would’ve been coming right back at us relentlessly. Adarkwa had a hard task and thought he carried it out pretty well 

Game of two halves last night, as they say. Queens are not so near effective without Simon Murray up front holding the ball up. Arbroath were really good in the second half - the back 4 and keeper were brilliant. Think Dick Campbell outfoxed Owen Coyle!

Don't know how it's gonna pan out either end of the league but I have enjoyed the games as a neutral at Ochilview

Edited by razamanaz

What a great result, a composed finish by Hilson and hopefully a season defining game. 1 defeat in 7, the best possible time to start finding form is now, particularly when Cove and, to a lesser extend, Accies are struggling.

Back it up a win next Friday and we can seriously start thinking of survival.

Edited by Tattie36