Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

You're going to have to explain this one, why should he have been sent off?

If the slight nudge on Porro with his arms down should've been a red then VAR would've 100% sent him off, he was only booked because he was seething with the dive. 

It was not a slight nudge !

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Gunn did everything that was asked of him (which wasn't much) 

If I am being picky, a few Spain attacks came from Gunn's aimless long range kicks. I feel like Scotland might now be good enough now to play the ball out more from the back.

46 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Only concern for those ones is the timing after our performance against Ireland last June.

Think the fact that McTominay, Tierney, Christie and Robertson won't have played as many games should work in our favour come June while hopefully Haaland and Odegaard have run each other to the wire. 

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

You're going to have to explain this one, why should he have been sent off?

If the slight nudge on Porro with his arms down should've been a red then VAR would've 100% sent him off, he was only booked because he was seething with the dive. 

Robertson deliberately out his shoulder into Porro and hit him on the chin. I feel like it would have been soft but it was certainly stupid. 

Just now, sparky88 said:

If I am being picky, a few Spain attacks came from Gunn's aimless long range kicks. I feel like Scotland might now be good enough now to play the ball out more from the back.

We might be but Gunn definitely isn't, another from the Craig Gordon school of kicking. 

1 minute ago, Virtual Insanity said:

We might be but Gunn definitely isn't, another from the Craig Gordon school of kicking. 

As well as a year studying abroad at the Jack Hendry school of masking your shite passing by looking composed and confident. 

11 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Think the fact that McTominay, Tierney, Christie and Robertson won't have played as many games should work in our favour come June while hopefully Haaland and Odegaard have run each other to the wire. 

Robertson deliberately out his shoulder into Porro and hit him on the chin. I feel like it would have been soft but it was certainly stupid. 

I thought he got Porro in the chest but Porro pretended it was the chin

48 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Anyone else appear to have been run over by a steamroller at some point during the night?

Yep, after driving home thoughts were a drink to watch the highlights, somehow my kitchen is littered in empty’s I am in still in bed WFH!

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Take the Rodri comments as a compliment, tbh. One of the best CMs on the planet absolutely fucking rattled. If hes like Guardiola that means when he calms down he knows he'll respects what you done to him, its when the patronising "a really good team who play well" comes out you take offence.

The Norway result in Georgia, and our win over the top seeds, kind of feels like the reverse of what usually happens to us. So nice to be on this side of the coin. Tough games to come but win our remaining home games now + Cyprus again and would be hard for Georgia or Norway to overcome that tally.

Yup. Rodri was being pretty complimentary.  As Richard Gordon said, do you think any of the Scottish players did interviews in Spanish for their TV?

Surprised to look through the thread and see people criticising Robertson for the card. He has a tendency to be a shithouse in a bad way getting into bother needlessly rather than toeing the right line of rattling opponents and I couldn't see what happened at the time so I did wonder, but seeing a replay back thinking there's even a question of a red card there is entirely the product of overanalysing slow motion.

Watch it in real time. It's a nudge of his lower arm into Porro's chest, the kind of thing that happens dozens of times a game when a throw is about to be taken. Porro then lowers his face after Robertson has nudged him, still gets no contact with it, and flings himself down. There's no motion towards the face from Robertson whatsoever.

If VAR was allowed to intervene for bookable offences as opposed to checking if something is a red the only possible outcome there would have been a freekick to Scotland and yellow for simulation. It isn't so their throw in stood and Robertson got a booking for dissent for getting at the ref asking why the obvious dive was going unpunished.

Edited by Dunning1874

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup. Rodri was being pretty complimentary.  As Richard Gordon said, do you think any of the Scottish players did interviews in Spanish for their TV?

It's a bit of a cheap shot from Gordon IMO, Rodri lives in an English speaking country.  None of our players live in a Spanish speaking one.