The race for top 6 St Mirren v Livi 01/04/2023

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Saints were given a goalline decision a few weeks back, were we not? I guess they felt that was clear enough that it was simple enough to step in on. Again just creates a grey area for fans.

Thr ball was well over by a good foot at least in that game.

14 hours ago, Monkey socks said:

Put more succinctly than my original post.  Beaton had made a decion on both penalty incidents that he had not seen any infringements which would have led to the award of a penalty. He was happy but a faceless 5th official decided he was wrong. It gets to the stage where its a case of " I'm not sure and if I'm wrong VAR will bail me out"  And if it was clear cut it should not take  4 minutes to sort it out.  

He was wrong.  They were clear cut.

The suggestion is that the 4 minutes was because VAR were trying to find a way to agree with Beaton.

Bizarre when everyone else (apart from Ross) could see they were penalties.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

My mind has gone blank. Hoping a bud can help me out. Got it in my head it was a Main goal but my memory is all over the place at the minute 😂

Was it not Gallagher's goal against Aberdeen?

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

The suggestion is that the 4 minutes was because VAR were trying to find a way to agree with Beaton.

I'm surprised Stuart Dougal on the VARdict could keep a straight face when he tried to defend Beaton for missing the hand ball on de Luca's arm, saying "to the naked eye, that was almost impossible to catch".  

4 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

In my opinion the first one was pretty clear cut. The second on though, in real time, it looks like it hit both Main and Holts arms and, again in real time, the Referee could be excused for being unsure.

The first one though was really strange; the law is now quite clear that, if it hits the arm of a non-old-firm player, in the penalty area, then its a penalty. It doesn't even have to be away from the body by much to qualify.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

In my opinion the first one was pretty clear cut. The second on though, in real time, it looks like it hit both Main and Holts arms and, again in real time, the Referee could be excused for being unsure.

The first one though was really strange; the law is now quite clear that, if it hits the arm of a non-old-firm player (excluding Hearts), in the penalty area, then its a penalty. It doesn't even have to be away from the body by much to qualify.

FIFY