Cove vs thistle

What a mess of a first half.

McIntosh missing a sitter early doors and two complete defensive howlers, one from Naismith who looks like Draper in disguise and what the f**k was Fox doing coming for that ball.

Dunne hits a close range effort against the post when it would be easier to score.

Defence made of glass, confidence lower than snails belly and can't take gilt edge chances.

Went to tick off Cove since I missed the last one and on that showing I'm glad I did as they don't look like they'll be at this level for much longer.

Be interesting to see how McMillan-Muirhead-Brownlie-Holt get on as a back 4 if Hodson's injury has him out any length of time. If it wasn't for the fact it leaves us no defensive cover whatsoever I prefer it to any combination which includes Holt.

On 28/03/2023 at 16:12, JagsCG said:

I’ve an awful feeling about this, feels like just about every team in the league has given Cove a battering at some point during the season and we’ve still yet to beat them. A comfortable afternoon with a few goals would be nice but I’ll take any kind of win. 

Glad to report, it no longer feels like this. 

Good result against a poor team. Should have scored more goals.

That seems all a bit churlish, and credit to the manager and players answering some of the questions raised after the last few games.

The players seemed to relish playing on the artificial surface, zipping the ball around, and attacking throughout the match 

Cove had a couple of chances, but overall looked like they will be hard pushed to finish second bottom,  let alone anywhere higher. They seemed to cede midfield leading to constant attacks from Thistle.

Hopefully, the team can take the positives into the next game, and break another hoodoo, against the Spiders.

TL:DR

122a779109901e0be7801acd8eb32e10.gif.e4ecef2bd11037c9890a2a044b3a0d42.gif