P&B motorcycle/ scooter thread

Just now, Plumpy said:

That rear cluster/ tail tidy 🤮

Don't worry, it'll no last long either ;)

3 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I may have gone and bought one of these :o It's a 50th birthday present to myself. Ok, it's two years late but better late than never. 

HnRGplt.jpg

It's a Yamaha XSR900GP. They are new for this year and just hitting the UK now. My one is due late June early July. Not bought a new bike since 2002 and to be honest, I never thought I would again but when I got wind of this......  🤔    Quick trip to Webbs in Lincoln and next thing I know I've ordered one :) 

A couple of options ordered with it. So after it's run in and it goes for its first service, it'll come out looking like this ;) 

5lwPdPs.jpg

I cannot wait :thumsup2

Does the 900 stand for horsepower and if so will you be able to hold on to it? Or is the first shot of you on it going to be like when Jay in the inbetweeners gets on a bike

12 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I may have gone and bought one of these :o It's a 50th birthday present to myself. Ok, it's two years late but better late than never. 

HnRGplt.jpg

It's a Yamaha XSR900GP. They are new for this year and just hitting the UK now. My one is due late June early July. Not bought a new bike since 2002 and to be honest, I never thought I would again but when I got wind of this......  🤔    Quick trip to Webbs in Lincoln and next thing I know I've ordered one :) 

A couple of options ordered with it. So after it's run in and it goes for its first service, it'll come out looking like this ;) 

5lwPdPs.jpg

I cannot wait :thumsup2

IMG_1096.gif

4 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^ Ha ! Very good, a-p. 👏👏 Always good to start the day with a chuckle.

Indeed it is :lol:

4 hours ago, philpy said:

Some absolute crackers down Portobello today. I'm not jealous about the weller one in the slightest...

20240602_135712.jpg

20240602_135724.jpg

Was that some of your crowd I saw earlier heading back down the A71? 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Couldn't tell you mate, I'm not involved with any of it, I Just love the whole set up. Maybe one day...

There was a wee group of nice scooters went past, the wee lass loved them too and continued to pester me for one all the way to Livi 😂

• 1 month later...

Brands Hatch GP circuit for a bit of practice before racing here 27-28 July. 

HwRe4Wj.jpeg

BcBt8ZU.jpeg

oqQdR75.jpeg

NEiEmVN.jpeg

ULqMzkr.jpeg

I was invited to test Webbs Yamaha Lincoln's XSR900GP demo bike on Wednesday. I've made the right decision buying one. 

5unQNdG.jpeg

WzhQCYf.jpeg

Delivery forecast 25 July. I cannot wait. 

5 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I was invited to test Webbs Yamaha Lincoln's XSR900GP demo bike on Wednesday. I've made the right decision buying one. 

5unQNdG.jpeg

WzhQCYf.jpeg

Delivery forecast 25 July. I cannot wait. 

You seem to be on a bit of a buying spree old chap. Have you a side hustle in selling PPE to the MOD? 

• 2 weeks later...

Brands Hatch this weekend.

Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow morning so can't do the practice day :rolleyes:

Bike (already scrutineered) and kit already there though ready to go. So all I have to do when I arrive is sign on and get my kit checked either Friday evening if I get there early enough or first thing Saturday morning before qualifying at 0900. 

Looking forward to it. 

9smFerR.jpeg

15 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Brands Hatch this weekend.

Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow morning so can't do the practice day :rolleyes:

Bike (already scrutineered) and kit already there though ready to go. So all I have to do when I arrive is sign on and get my kit checked either Friday evening if I get there early enough or first thing Saturday morning before qualifying at 0900. 

Looking forward to it. 

9smFerR.jpeg

Do you change your outfit to match the motorbikes?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson