Morton v ICT

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Bear in mind that Imrie spent the majority of his playing career with HA in the relegation end of the Premier fighting for survival.

Not really sure what that's got to do with anything. His signings have been more hit than miss and mostly of good enough quality for the Championship.

The issue most of us have is that Ali Crawford isn't delivering but keeps being selected. Yesterday was another example of where he looked good in flashes but nowhere near enough to justify a start, especially over someone like McGrattan who has been excellent all season.

Miller isn't up to the standard.

23 minutes ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

Not really sure what that's got to do with anything. His signings have been more hit than miss and mostly of good enough quality for the Championship.

The issue most of us have is that Ali Crawford isn't delivering but keeps being selected. Yesterday was another example of where he looked good in flashes but nowhere near enough to justify a start, especially over someone like McGrattan who has been excellent all season.

Miller isn't up to the standard.

For me one the signs of being a good manager is the readiness to accept it's not working - take Danny Lennon (please somebody take him) he had two bad starts in his four seasons with us on both occasions dropped disappointing summer signings by mid-September & we eventually survived both seasons.

Much fonder memories of DL than his successor Tommy Craig who in similar circumstances persisted with a losing team while arguing that he had 4,000 years experience and so knew best - he was eventually sacked in December and IMO bears the bulk of responsibility for our relegation that season.

Edited by btb

13 hours ago, RiG said:

Standouts for us were Allardice, Carson and Shaw.

Attended as an interested neutral and I'd add Welsh to your list too. A typical captains performance away from home. Shaw, overall, was my man of the match. 

A real game of two halves was how I saw it, Oakley was bullying Deas and Delaney with the away team hanging on at times and struggling to get up the pitch, that got others into play and if Morton had gone in leading at halftime it would've been deserved.

Second half a much different story, once Oakley was kept quiet it seemed to cause the home team to run out of ideas to an extent.

Two excellent goals and 3 points for the away team and Imrie shit housing from his perch in the stand in the incident that saw one of the backroom team get a red card with the line "f**k up baldy". 😂

Muirhead's brilliant attempt from the free kick would've been goal of the season stuff if it had gone in.

Still all to play for, for both teams.👍

9 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Attended as an interested neutral and I'd add Welsh to your list too. A typical captains performance away from home. Shaw, overall, was my man of the match. 

Muirhead's brilliant attempt from the free kick would've been goal of the season stuff if it had gone in.

Yeah Welsh has been pretty good for us over the last few games and Muirhead's free kick was an outrageous effort. 

Good to see Morton get the highlights out so quickly. Laughable penalty decision. Glad that didn't cost us in the end.