Callum Davidson's Bus vs Yogi Hughes High Flying Dons

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

This squad, unburdened by predictability, is capable.

This is the most annoying bit, for me.

Looking at the league theres absolutely no way this group of players couldnt have been going for the top half, and just now we could easily have been enjoying a win over Aberdeen and dreaming of 3rd.

Its a one and done squad though. Chances are next season May cant match his performances from this, same with Wright. Phillips probably vanishes halfway through the season when its clear hes away in the Summer, and MacPhersons niggles means we'll rarely see that pairing. 

In 12 months our starting line up probably has Ryan McGowan and Graham Carey in CM.

11 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Their supporters were thrown out the Muirton at about 6 as well because a minority simply couldn't behave themselves. Going up to and screaming in Saints fans faces etc. So all their fans were removed. 

First time I've ever seen the staff call the whole security team down to the Muirton to remove fans.

These clowns are an embarrassment to our club.

Is it the Men (kiss) in Black we're talking about here or another mob? 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, Radford said:

My weekly VAR moan. When the referee gave the penalty, surely he has to immediately red card Considine for denying a goalscoring opportunity with no attempt to play the ball? My understanding is the removal of double jeopardy only applies if there is a genuine attempt to play the ball?

So why does he wait? VAR isn't in place to make decisions for referees. This was an opportunity for VAR to work as it should in correcting a clear and obvious error (to award a penalty) but instead we have an excessive delay and then confusion over why we are waiting for a red card that everyone is anticipating.

As for the game, actually pretty pleased with the performance given we played 94 minutes of football with 10 men. Largely kept Aberdeen at bay but retained an attacking threat. The only really disappointing period was after Davidson had got his hands on them at half-time.

Substitutions were a bit strange but they didn't have a massive negative impact and we should be used to them by now under this manager. Feel we merited a point.

Gordon and McGowan both looked very comfortable as a two and Phillips was excellent again. Already feel he's not going to sign another contract here though. This squad, unburdened by predictability, is capable. Let's get another win on the board, preferably next week, then start to plan ahead both tactically and in terms of players that will be here next season.

I agree with the VAR thing does he not show the card as unsure if was a scoring chance? Looked at replays & hard to see how much contact there was but cant change based on that.

I sort of assumed we would use all 5 subs given we played with 10 for do long just for fresh legs more than anything.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Don't know if it was the same group who wrecked the pub but think it was a mix of both, kids trying to annoy Saints fans and another group just being rude to staff. 

So All Aberdeen fan's in there faced the consequences despite many probably not doing anything. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Thought big 13 at the back for Saints was very solid, especially 2nd half when he was at our end. 
Not really sure why Saints fans are moaning, their team gave everything in that game and could have nicked a draw. If rating their performance I would give it a higher score than Aberdeens.

6 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Thought big 13 at the back for Saints was very solid, especially 2nd half when he was at our end. 
Not really sure why Saints fans are moaning, their team gave everything in that game and could have nicked a draw. If rating their performance I would give it a higher score than Aberdeens.

Ryan McGowan. Hadn't played for months either after expecting to be out for the rest of the season. 

Saints fans are unhappy because it's just another home defeat.

Davidson has mustered 13 home wins in something like 50 home league games. He also continuously talks completely shite in the media to the point it's embarrassing. 

2 wins in 3 months as well and let's just not get into his negativity and tactical arrogance. That was about as entertaining as Saints have been for 6-7 months yesterday 😬

23 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Always funny when a manager praises the shape and organisation. Two areas they can claim credit for.  Backhanded complement to himself

Aye, glad to see other clubs fans see this.

Callum Davidson interview textbook reads:

Good performance = "Players followed my instructions"

Bad performance = "Players didnt do what i told them too"

Simply never going to take any blame himself even when its obvious its his fault.

Apologies to all St Johnstone fans for the unacceptable behaviour of the small minority. Always got on well with fans from other clubs  before and after games. Going to Aberdeen games home and away is so much better thanks to the young team , just don't cross the line.

8 minutes ago, Jobby1 said:

Apologies to all St Johnstone fans for the unacceptable behaviour of the small minority. Always got on well with fans from other clubs  before and after games. Going to Aberdeen games home and away is so much better thanks to the young team , just don't cross the line.

Their behaviour is a concern for any potential European trip next season.  With trips to Germany, Italy or France all possible in Conference Qualifying Round 3 and their police not exactly shy in dealing with troublemakers it's a worry.

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

ThenA wee group going out of Muirton had my home made Saints Tartan bunnet which had been in my jacket pocket

I noticed on way out as I went to put it One of them was tossing it in air and when I asked for it one of them wanted me to prove it was mine

Fortunately one older guy on group ssud just give the auld guy his bunnet back 

Also did damage to Saints memorabilia in the Cally in town and sneaked out... feckin cowards

21 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Their behaviour is a concern for any potential European trip next season.  With trips to Germany, Italy or France all possible in Conference Qualifying Round 3 and their police not exactly shy in dealing with troublemakers it's a worry.

Don’t think we need to be worrying about that just yet. 

7 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Time for the authorities to show some common sense like they have done in other countries.
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/french-government-approves-three-year-trial-of-pyrotechnics-in-sports-stadiums/

The challenge there is that it is a reserved matter (I think), and Westminster is never going to change laws to suit Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

The challenge there is that it is a reserved matter (I think), and Westminster is never going to change laws to suit Scottish football.

I’m by no means an expert but the Scottish Government introduced the “Offensive Behaviour at Football Act”, would this not be similar (however unlikely)?

On 01/04/2023 at 22:09, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Their supporters were thrown out the Muirton at about 6 as well because a minority simply couldn't behave themselves. Going up to and screaming in Saints fans faces etc. So all their fans were removed. 

First time I've ever seen the staff call the whole security team down to the Muirton to remove fans.

As for the football. Did Aberdeen deserve to win? Maybe aye, maye no? Did they take a chance? Absolutely. 

Did Hallberg miss one good chance and one incredible chance? I very much think so! 

Was it an inevitable result at home under Davidson. Absofuckinglutely. 

Hopefully Aberdeen fans won't be banned from Muirton Suite as there isn't much pubs near the ground. 

18 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

That's what I mentioned a few weeks ago is that this group that has emerged haven't yet had a Euro trip to attend.

They seem to be getting more confident with each passing week. I feel it's building towards something but they sound like they need to have their collective noses bloodied and perhaps that will come on the continent.

I just hope no other Dons suffer as a direct consequence of their actions.