Raith Rovers vs Queen's Park

19 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Surely following on from last weeks game, OC must insist on better use of any corners we win, and also target practice for everyone.

Against Arbroath I counted 5 corners where big Eze at 6'7" stood waiting in the box, as he had done against Inverness(and puting their defence under pressure every time).  3 of the 5 were taken as short corners, which all failed to get the ball in the box. The other two hit the first defender at the near post again failing to use the height of the tallest man on the pitch. Even if he's playing badly, as a target man at set pieces he will create opportunities for others.

As for target practise, given that we took 30+mins to get a shot on target, in the second half within the same 30mins, we had 3 shots at goal from around the 18 yard line. Every one looked as if it went out of the ground.

I must admit our collective effort was well below it's usual level, with Scotland showing against Spain how determination and effort brings positive results.

Having said all that top o' the league wi' just 6 games to go, and loving every minute of it.

Wouldn't all those trolls from Dundee's second team just love to be in our shoes. That's why they cannae drag themselves away from our game  topics.

Nothing personal, you're just in our way. If it was any other season with us not in the same league I would be loving the story. 

30 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Nothing personal, you're just in our way. If it was any other season with us not in the same league I would be loving the story. 

You're being too polite mate, if they weren't in the same league as us I wouldn't give a f*** about their story.

15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You're being too polite mate, if they weren't in the same league as us I wouldn't give a f*** about their story.

That's fair enough - I liked the whole thing of Arbroath potentially making the premiership last season. I hope similar happens with QP this season mind you.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I continue to be amused by how paranoid fans of some so-called big clubs are about teensy, weensy Queen’s Park.

I hope we win the league and phone the SPL up to let them know we’re no coming. And we nominate Arbroath in our place.

I’ll give Queens Park this, you actually have some fans on here. Cove won the league and they have one fan. Surely that’s not fair!

I’m still hoping we can put a run together and grab fourth place but I think that may be a false hope.

I have to say, I am liking seeing Queens Park doing well. 

17 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

That's fair enough - I liked the whole thing of Arbroath potentially making the premiership last season. I hope similar happens with QP this season mind you.

I'm with you on Arbroath as they're 'local.'  

I would be happy for them (Queens) to go up via play-offs as it would mean a likely weaker top league next season.  F***,  I'd even be OK with them going up as champions and us via play-offs for the same reason!  

16 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I continue to be amused by how paranoid fans of some so-called big clubs are about teensy, weensy Queen’s Park.

I hope we win the league and phone the SPL up to let them know we’re no coming. And we nominate Arbroath in our place.

Paranoid because I don't care about how another club is doing?

Okey Dokey. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Okey Dokey. 

Which begs the question, if you don't give a sh☆t about us, why are you making the effort to post comments about us on Pie and Bovril? All a bit odd methinks....🤔🕸🕷🕸

Just now, Stuntiethumper said:

Which begs the question, if you don't give a sh☆t about us, why are you making the effort to post comments about us on Pie and Bovril? All a bit odd methinks....🤔🕸🕷🕸

This paranoia thing seems to be catching.   That's 2 of you got it now.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Okey Dokey. 

Having an interest is one thing, but when Dundee fans end up being the predominant group on a match thread that doesn’t involve Dundee then you’re definitely in need of help. Have you not got a game on this weekend?

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Having an interest is one thing, but when Dundee fans end up being the predominant group on a match thread that doesn’t involve Dundee then you’re definitely in need of help. Have you not got a game on this weekend?

Huh...Dundee fans taking a passing interest in our nearest challenger's games are in need of help? We can't help it that there are f*****g loads of us so we pretty much dominate everything around here.   

We do have a game this weekend and you're fooling nobody by pretending you didn't know that!