Raith Rovers vs Queen's Park

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Dreadful. We were given a lifeline but couldn't take it. Rovers weren't up to much but didn't have to be.

This is disingenuous pish, to be honest. We were good today, we gave QP a bit of a hiding, especially in the second half. Gave them no time on the ball and we were better at the dirty side of the game throughout. Ferrie got his angles all wrong at the second goal, Vaughan should never be able to drill the ball across him from there. Akio should really have sealed the deal at the end, pretty straight forward lob finish. But the game was done by then. Beat Hamilton on Tuesday and it’s game on! 

Almost forgot, that was Scott Brown’s best performance of the season, in a long list of great performance. Love him, a fantastic centre midfielder. Delighted he’s signed for next season, an absolute dynamo in the middle of the park. Player of the season by a distance, for me. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Dreadful. We were given a lifeline but couldn't take it. Rovers weren't up to much but didn't have to be.

Other than maybe a 15 minute spell in the first half, you’re absolutely right with your first point, but think you’re a wee bit wayward with your last one. 

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I thought it was a cross at the time but he's absolutely ruined Ferrie there. 

Couldn't make the game today, that strike is class, not far off Dylan's hit against Cove 😍

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Genuinely no idea what the Queens left back was doing for the Rovers second goal, just stood watching as the ball went over his head. For a team top of the league, they were pretty poor overall. Savoury looks decent, tidy on the ball. 

Unlike Robbo, he's usually pretty assured; seemed to go for it then decide at the last minute not to.  Helluva error.

The warning came in the first half against ICT at Ochilview.  We got away with one that day; was hoping that first half was a blip but the performances  and results have been poor of late.  

Rovers were really good today, first to everything, pressed well and gave our lads no time at all.  We were second best pretty much everywhere.  

I've seen them a few times now and perhaps someone more literate will enlighten me but I'm struggling to see what Henderson and Shields are bringing to the party, Henderson especially constantly looks like he's lost a tenner, his body language is awful, even in the pre-match warm up he looked miserable.

OC got a big job on his hands to turn this around...and quickly

48 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I thought it was a cross at the time but he's absolutely ruined Ferrie there. 

Helluva strike. From our perspective, two men watching him set up and a third twisting his body out of the way. Shouldn’t have got near the keeper. 

Some gracious comments from Rovers fans and some of our woe was due to continual pressing but when we did have the ball, too slow with passes, too obvious where passes were headed, very little direct movement at goal, repeated failure to have a shot.

Also, again, despite a big squad we lack depth. That’s been several games now where Thomas and Savoury have been well short of early season performance. Why Jarrett wasn’t involved earlier and Savoury kept in, I’ve no idea. Worst pen I’ve seen since primary school.

Coyle as well needs a shake. Pretty obvious every team has figured out how to rattle us but still carrying on.

Best team won by a mile. 

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Loving the ballboys dancing about with the crowd!

At the start of the second half, Ferrie had asked them to make sure there was a spare ball behind the goal so he could rush each goal kick and try to kickstart a counter. Obviously being young the lads didn't think anything of it and listened to him, but someone on our backroom staff clicked that it was happening and made sure that we kept them all over the by the dugout after. We had a few wee instances where we were quite cute. When Stanton needed to go off, Brown went over to chat to the referee, meaning that Stanton could walk over from the railway stand and waste as much time as possible. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

At the start of the second half, Ferrie had asked them to make sure there was a spare ball behind the goal so he could rush each goal kick and try to kickstart a counter. Obviously being young the lads didn't think anything of it and listened to him, but someone on our backroom staff clicked that it was happening and made sure that we kept them all over the by the dugout after. We had a few wee instances where we were quite cute. When Stanton needed to go off, Brown went over to chat to the referee, meaning that Stanton could walk over from the railway stand and waste as much time as possible. 

Let's be honest, they could be still be playing well into Monday morning and QP on today's evidence would still be highly unlikely to score.

35 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Helluva strike. From our perspective, two men watching him set up and a third twisting his body out of the way. Shouldn’t have got near the keeper. 

Some gracious comments from Rovers fans and some of our woe was due to continual pressing but when we did have the ball, too slow with passes, too obvious where passes were headed, very little direct movement at goal, repeated failure to have a shot.

Also, again, despite a big squad we lack depth. That’s been several games now where Thomas and Savoury have been well short of early season performance. Why Jarrett wasn’t involved earlier and Savoury kept in, I’ve no idea. Worst pen I’ve seen since primary school.

Coyle as well needs a shake. Pretty obvious every team has figured out how to rattle us but still carrying on.

Best team won by a mile. 

Savoury today looked like he was playing on his own.  

Distinct lack of forward running off the ball which, even if QP weren't being pressed as well as they were, gave Boateng no outlet.  I hate to say this (as I'm contradicting myself from January when he left) but with Murray it felt like the guys behind him had an outlet in front that allowed them to subsequently get forward more effectively.  

Thought Jarrett was good when he came on and I'm still not entirely sure Oakley is an upgrade on Davidson....though I may be being overly harsh.  

The decisions made on January 31 may define the season, both in terms of letting Murray go and the Scottish Cup exit. We’ve picked up points, but been nowhere near the same proposition without him. 

Playoffs would still be great achievement, but there’s no way the off-field decisions have given us the best shot at the title. It’s since transpired that Murray wasn’t forcing the move in January, contrary to the line coming out of the club.

“I would like to thank Queens Park and specifically Lord Haughey and Leeann Dempster for working with us to make Simon’s move north happen and wish them every success in their push for promotion.”

Another possible feather in the cap of our Chief Executive.