Raith Rovers vs Queen's Park

59 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Nobody gives a flying f**k about a wee team with a cash injection, especially those of an Irish club financier. 100 years of absolute shite to now have some semblance of clout. Give me a break.  

You're awfully aggressive for somebody that supposedly doesn't care.

45 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

You're awfully aggressive for somebody that supposedly doesn't care.

Nah, a club as old as QP could’ve challenged the bigot brothers, but nah!! Yield as you did is unforgivable. 

5 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Yes we are so unforgiving - that's the reason we have such a tiny support.......

Teeny, Tiny bullsheeeiiiittt. The oldest club  in Scotland and allowed yourselves to be shat on for over 100 years , f**k that. 

37 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

What a pile of pish.

I'd agree but if I was a Queens fan I'd be asking how it takes 3 years to still not finish a staduim where the pitch was already in place and a capacity of 1000. If you lot were to gain promotion with no stadium in place then it's the biggest farce in Scottish football since secvo 2012

16 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I'd agree but if I was a Queens fan I'd be asking how it takes 3 years to still not finish a staduim where the pitch was already in place and a capacity of 1000. If you lot were to gain promotion with no stadium in place then it's the biggest farce in Scottish football since secvo 2012

I know, imagine being relegation favourites, playing your third season away from home, with a bunch of league one players and kids on loan, and having the audicity to beat our opponents and be top of the table. If there is a farce is it that "bigger" teams haven't dealt with us well. Results on the pitch decide who gets promoted. If we are good enough we go up, ready or not.

43 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I know, imagine being relegation favourites, playing your third season away from home, with a bunch of league one players and kids on loan, and having the audicity to beat our opponents and be top of the table. If there is a farce is it that "bigger" teams haven't dealt with us well. Results on the pitch decide who gets promoted. If we are good enough we go up, ready or not.

Just to be clear, now it does…we have those albatross north and south stands due to the 10,000 capacity rule for promotion. That one rule, more than any other, financial hammered so many clubs it strengthened the OF even more. Even after it did its dirty work, the OF held everyone to the 6,000 rule for a while too.

Lesser Hampden is a disgrace (due to management stupidity), but it would also be delicious to hear the crying and wails if Queen’s Park get promoted.

Edited by TxRover

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just to be clear, now it does…we have those albatross north and south stands due to the 10,000 capacity rule for promotion. That one rule, more than any other, financial hammered so many clubs it strengthened the OF even more. Even after it did its dirty work, the OF held everyone to the 6,000 rule for a while too.

Lesser Hampden is a disgrace (due to management stupidity), but it would also be delicious to hear the crying and wails if Queen’s Park get promoted.

Sorry to hear a  daft rule on stadium capacity caused Raith and others financial grief. But i am not sure I understand your point. Are you arguing because you went through it every other club should to?  Points on the board, not stadium or crowd size decide championships. 

As for Lesser Hampden, we are all fed up with the fact that a League One stadium is being built and it will need a lot more work and possibly more time pkaying elsewere for us. When construction decisions were taken the club didn't expect us to be in the Chamionship let alone leading it.  In some ways QP are victims of their own success. 

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Do you have a link to any recent photos of Lesser Hampden?

We trained there last week so you can see the stand in the background here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0GgrBR45FZLiWSY3Qqu2sQg6iyKooCExurwn4k1nqhi9QAKGSosatNWFRK1a7V4dAl&id=100063655512215&sfnsn=scwspmo

Don't get me wrong it looks really nice, it's just tiny.

57 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

We trained there last week so you can see the stand in the background here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0GgrBR45FZLiWSY3Qqu2sQg6iyKooCExurwn4k1nqhi9QAKGSosatNWFRK1a7V4dAl&id=100063655512215&sfnsn=scwspmo

Don't get me wrong it looks really nice, it's just tiny.

Hmmm it’s got a bit of an Edinburgh FC vibe. Not as bad as that looks but not great. Is there going to be terracing too or is that it?

Is the building in the photo below still there?

0DF6FC95-D815-490A-8896-ED67E00868CC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Hmmm it’s got a bit of an Edinburgh FC vibe. Not as bad as that looks but not great. Is there going to be terracing too or is that it?

Is the building in the photo below still there?

0DF6FC95-D815-490A-8896-ED67E00868CC.jpeg

No the "Farm House" (pictured), which was reputedly the oldest building in world football was demolished initially to make way for the West Stand which would have given us a stadium capacity of 1700.  A subsequent redesign abandoned the west stand for a "Royal Box" which brought our ground capacity to below 1000. We are ecstatic about it.

33 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

No the "Farm House" (pictured), which was reputedly the oldest building in world football was demolished initially to make way for the West Stand which would have given us a stadium capacity of 1700.  A subsequent redesign abandoned the west stand for a "Royal Box" which brought our ground capacity to below 1000. We are ecstatic about it.

I was going to mention the "Royal Box" what is that all about? Who thought it would be a good idea?

7 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Sorry to hear a  daft rule on stadium capacity caused Raith and others financial grief. But i am not sure I understand your point. Are you arguing because you went through it every other club should to?  Points on the board, not stadium or crowd size decide championships. 

As for Lesser Hampden, we are all fed up with the fact that a League One stadium is being built and it will need a lot more work and possibly more time pkaying elsewere for us. When construction decisions were taken the club didn't expect us to be in the Chamionship let alone leading it.  In some ways QP are victims of their own success. 

Just pointing out the rules giveth and the rules taketh away…not complaining you don’t get f**ked by that particular rule.

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I was going to mention the "Royal Box" what is that all about? Who thought it would be a good idea?

Well...I do need somewhere nice to sit...oh if only... 

Really baffling decision to me.  My guess is it is something to do with corporate hospitality as the Box seems to be connected to the main pavilion.  But why we had to do something bespoke rather than a stand with some nicer seats is a bit beyond me frankly.

Edited by Stuntiethumper