Raith Rovers vs Queen's Park

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Madness, because up till then Fox was one of Queen’s best players…and now he’s gone for at least two matches.

Looking at the PK, it seems Jamie waited and saw the plant foot angled wide left and dived to his right in response…very impressive if he had the nerve to wait for that to dive.

This is a rank take. Boys 6foot+ and got bullied from Vaughan pretty much all game.

Just now, qpfc said:

He’ll need to do a lot better if he’s got aspirations of moving to a bigger club next season 

May already be signed and sealed. Human nature could see him drop off and protect himself, if that’s the case. Certainly not playing like a guy bursting to impress. 

2 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I missed it too at the time.  Uncharacteristic of him, he is seldom booked.

I reckon we all missed it as we were all looking at the very promising attack into the acres of space on that left flank, that sadly, because of Fox's rush of blood to the head, was halted.  I know we're a young team and I'm not opposed to some dark arts but maybe not right in front of the linesman!

So, a Kilday and Eze pairing for Firhill, trying to recall how Eze played the last time he was there??!!?!??!

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Totally agree. He’s been atrocious recently and that red card summed it up.  I don’t know if he’s been given an instruction to not drive into the space when on the ball now cause he seems to have lost all confidence with his distribution and rarely does his marauding runs anymore. That’s what separated him from other defenders in this league

The suspension might do him some good. He looks like he needed a couple games out the team. He’ll need to do a lot better if he’s got aspirations of moving to a bigger club next season 

I’ve wondered last couple of weeks if new/renegotiated contracts are under way and some aren’t happy or at best, distracted. It wasn’t the tackle that was brutal but a very deliberate stamp on the leg. Right in front of an official. He might find his punishment being upped by the beaks. He also clattered into Boateng just as he was making a challenge at the first goal.

It’s such a rapid fall from grace we might not see Charlie playing for QP again. He was the one who wanted just a year contract.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Saw a clip of Fox’s stamp just there (on my twitter feed as I refuse to watch highlights when we lose due to petulance/seethe on my part). Dreadful from him and it came at the end of another game where he was miles off what we know he is capable of. The goodwill he’s built up over the last couple of years has spared him the harsh criticism that would have come the way of others in the team……….

4 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Indeed. McPake starting was nearly as perplexing as the 4 out of 5 star Google review for the Esplanade Bar 😄

Although tbf McPake is a very rightfooted player so we are never going to get the best out of him on the left wing.  If he must play I would like to see him on the right and sometimes switching left with Dom during games to freshenen up the attack.

The last time we were in that dive the 8 ball from the pool table was swimming in the urinals.

1 hour ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

The last time we were in that dive the 8 ball from the pool table was swimming in the urinals.

I haven’t been there since 2011, but it was a shithole back then.

Most of the bad reviews for the Estuary are a few years old so maybe it’s upped its game?

E06243C0-D68A-4A4A-98F9-1A90D29D89E6.png

Some of the comments on Shields are a bit harsh imho. When he was scoring it was “Simon Who”. Now we’re missing Simon? In the same time, almost universally folks saying that Savoury, Thomas are off the boil and Robson not getting up the line so much. All the people that were setting up Murray for his close-range finishing.

9 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Is it really feasible the Charlie Fox knew exactly what he was doing and the potential non inclusion for the foreseeable  future thus safeguarding possible injury before a major move?

My first thought when I saw it. Or perversely proving his worth to Coyle by leaving Kilday and Eze to it. Kilday’s reaction immediately after was telling. Either way, not doing what’s best for Queen’s Park. 

11 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Some of the comments on Shields are a bit harsh imho. When he was scoring it was “Simon Who”. Now we’re missing Simon? In the same time, almost universally folks saying that Savoury, Thomas are off the boil and Robson not getting up the line so much. All the people that were setting up Murray for his close-range finishing.

I agree Shields is not getting the same service that Simon Murray was accustomed to. Passing has to be more intrusive and accurate which was def. not the case in Kirkcaldy.

The frustrating thing is that we all know there is a well oiled machine in there but at the moment running rough. 

Need a full service between now and Friday  - c'mon guys time to step on the gas. 

Unfortunately for Queen’s Park you met a team with a point to prove after last Sunday’s first half disaster , I didn’t think queens were bad at all but the major difference I noticed from the last game at Starks was Simon Murray. I thought Vaughan had one of his best games this season he had Fox in his back pocket and eventually Fox’s frustrations boiled over with a dreadful challenge that didn’t look out of place in a Sunday league game .  Great 3 points for us but it will be meaningless if we can’t take care of Accies on Tuesday night hopefully the guys will be right up for it and give them a right doing and set a lot of wrongs right 

The Murray loss isn’t just the goals and menace, it’s the experience and leadership. Shields has done fine, but there’s no doubt in my mind that the loss of Murray has been to our detriment.

On 02/04/2023 at 10:55, bridgeofweirdo said:

If only we came from a wee town....

Nobody gives a flying f**k about a wee team with a cash injection, especially those of an Irish club financier. 100 years of absolute shite to now have some semblance of clout. Give me a break.