Dumbarton v Stenhousemuir

I have genuine sympathy for all of the players bar Russell McLean who doesn’t try a leg. They are being asked to play twice a week on a tattie field knowing they can’t get subbed off regardless of how fucked they are. The Stenny subs changed the game today meanwhile we are resorting to chucking on two absolute big dumplins who wouldn’t even make the matchday squad if we had the numbers. 

The league was done with that draw at Stirling IMO but today is the final nail in the coffin and unless Jesus of Nazareth wanders doon Castle Road and heals half the squad then the playoffs will be a write off as well. FWIW I’d rather play with ten men than play that useless, lazy, uninterested c**t McLean.

Fair play to Stenny for taking advantage of what is an absolutely dire sitaution we find ourselves in. 

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The league was done with that draw at Stirling IMO

I’d agree with all of your post apart from this bit. We were definitely still in it after the Stirling result, on paper (though maybe we never really had a chance this week with the injuries).

The only positive is that I did not spend 113 pounds Sterling on a trip to Annan next week.

Edited by FifeSons

That was a terrible game of football.

We were rotten and bereft of options from the bench to try and change it.

This season feels about 5 months too long for us now.   I'm now hoping for a decent squad and form in the playoffs.

Firstly fair play to stenny, they deserved the win.  They made it count in our box when we fell asleep for their winner.

They deserved their win although there wasn’t much between the sides I didn’t think. We’re just out on our feet as a squad and down to the bare bones.  And when you sit in at 1-0 you’re always liable to concede an equaliser as we saw down at their patch, but particularly when you can see the lads are all absolutely burst just now given the injury crisis.

And as much as other teams’ fans have bemoaned us for time-wasting and diving, we were utterly schooled in that regard today. A real taste of our own medicine. Stenny had every trick in the book and they did it well.  They won the game deservedly today but it’s a concern where we go from here, with Ross MacLean looking injured at the end too.

4 minutes ago, Chanandler Bong said:

it’s a concern where we go from here, with Ross MacLean looking injured at the end too.

Not to mention Ryan Wallace playing the last 15 minutes with half a hamstring, I wouldn’t be shocked if that’s him missing for the rest of the season. It looked like he caught his studs badly on our disgrace of a pitch, the skid mark was still clearly visible at the end of the game. 

Even with his injury he was chasing more balls than McLean, who got an absolute earful off him towards the end of the game. It must be absolutely brutal having a team mate who quite clearly isn’t interested in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It must be absolutely brutal having a team mate who quite clearly isn’t interested in the slightest.

I remember when we had McLean on Loan at station park a few years back.

He scored on debut because Raith passed him the ball & felt like continuing their banter behaviour. That was his peak, what followed was chronic.