Dumbarton v Stenhousemuir

11 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

Remember Farrell said he was one he wanted for a while or number 1 target, something along those lines. What the hell did he see in MacLean in his scouting report. Probably scouted by his own agent. 

There is absolutely no denying Russell McLean has turned in mostly excellent displays against us and the majority of us were quite rightly delighted with his signing. It’s not Farrell’s fault he’s a lazy, useless, uninterested c**t and if some of the stories I’m hearing about him are accurate we’d be as well telling him to stay at home for the rest of the season. I understand our fans like to bash Farrell at every given opportunity but lets not blame him for Russell McLean being an absolute honkin’ jobby when he quite clearly has ability.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There is absolutely no denying Russell McLean has turned in mostly excellent displays against us and the majority of us were quite rightly delighted with his signing. It’s not Farrell’s fault he’s a lazy, useless, uninterested c**t and if some of the stories I’m hearing about him are accurate we’d be as well telling him to stay at home for the rest of the season. I understand our fans like to bash Farrell at every given opportunity but lets not blame him for Russell McLean being an absolute honkin’ jobby when he quite clearly has ability.

'Mon Moj, you cannae leave us hanging like that.

35 minutes ago, rockson said:

No you won't. We won't be in them.

We'll be in the play offs. We'd need to lose all six games(not impossible) and have the three teams below us win all their games for us to drop to fifth. I'd put a helluva lot of money on us being in the top four. On current form, we'd only have the semi final though.

Eta Unless you mean we'll avoid them by winning the league. In which case, I'd love a pint of whatever you're drinking.

Edited by microdave

10 minutes ago, microdave said:

We'll be in the play offs. We'd need to lose all six games(not impossible) and have the three teams below us win all their games for us to drop to fifth. I'd put a helluva lot of money on us being in the top four. On current form, we'd only have the semi final though.

Eta Unless you mean we'll avoid them by winning the league. In which case, I'd love a pint of whatever you're drinking.

Not quite, they'd only need to win 4 out of 5! To be pedantic!

We'll be in the playoffs, though.

12 minutes ago, microdave said:

I guess we're unlikley to lose all our six remaining games but as it stands if we do, Annan would only need ten points from 15, likewise Forfar (plus a  goal swing.) E Fife would need 11 and a swing. Stenny would need 12 and the swing. What might allow us to slip in is that they play amongst themselves on the last day and all four of them still have Stirling to play. So maybe.

Edited by rockson

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Go on

54 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Please leave off Russell McLean. Whilst he has turned out to be a very disappointing signing, he is far from solely responsible for the current situation.

We went into the season with a small squad, some of whom have had a history of injury problems. We had an unbelievable run until Xmas, unbelievable in the sense that we played a very one-dimensional brand of football based on strong defence, but I defy anyone to say that it looked like Championship-winning football. Despite that the BoD extended the manager's contract.

And then, boom ! A combination of escalating injuries, the worst pitch in Scottish senior football and opposing teams finally converting all that possession and pressure into goals and wins has blown up our season.

To analyse it all would take a long time but suffice to say that what happens on the park isn't the beginning and end of this club's problems, it's just the most visible manifestation.

Oh and by the way. As DFC doesn't have a pot to piss in, the monies to get the Russell McLean signing over the line came from the Manager's Fund, so if anyone is looking to apportion blame it should include ourselves, the supporters.

3 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Please leave off Russell McLean.  Whilst he has turned out to be a very disappointing signing, he is far from solely responsible for the current shitshow.

Oh and by the way.  As DFC doesn't have a pot to piss in, the monies to get the Russell McLean signing over the line came from the Manager's Fund, so if anyone is looking to apportion blame it should include ourselves, the supporters.

Absolutely not, any player who doesn’t give 100% should be called out. 

That’s even more reason for supporters to be annoyed by his efforts. They funded his signing and he isn’t bothering his arse.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Absolutely not, any player who doesn’t give 100% should be called out. 

That’s even more reason for supporters to be annoyed by his efforts. They funded his signing and he isn’t bothering his arse.

Well that's a pretty strong accusation but maybe you could justify it by sharing some of that stuff you've heard.

Personally I was far more upset by the antics of a guy who has been contributing very little of late but felt compelled to run thirty yards to get involved in an incident that had f**k-all to do with him.  And not for the first time.

And this in a team that's on the bones of its arse.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Well that's a pretty strong accusation but maybe you could justify it by sharing some of that stuff you've heard.

Personally I was far more upset by the antics of a guy who has been contributing very little of late but felt compelled to run thirty yards to get involved in an incident that had f**k-all to do with him.  And not for the first time.

Love

16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Please leave off Russell McLean. Whilst he has turned out to be a very disappointing signing, he is far from solely responsible for the current situation.

We went into the season with a small squad, some of whom have had a history of injury problems. We had an unbelievable run until Xmas, unbelievable in the sense that we played a very one-dimensional brand of football based on strong defence, but I defy anyone to say that it looked like Championship-winning football. Despite that the BoD extended the manager's contract.

And then, boom ! A combination of escalating injuries, the worst pitch in Scottish senior football and opposing teams finally converting all that possession and pressure into goals and wins has blown up our season.

To analyse it all would take a long time but suffice to say that what happens on the park isn't the beginning and end of this club's problems, it's just the most visible manifestation.

Oh and by the way. As DFC doesn't have a pot to piss in, the monies to get the Russell McLean signing over the line came from the Manager's Fund, so if anyone is looking to apportion blame it should include ourselves, the supporters.

Absolutely not. He was worse than a man down. 0 effort, pathetic. Defending that is unacceptable. If we had players putting in 100% effort and we got beat then fair enough. What sums his performance today is, the one header he won was met with ironic cheers says it all. 

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It’s not an accusation, it’s an observation. And anyone who can’t see it must be blind.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not to mention Ryan Wallace playing the last 15 minutes with half a hamstring, I wouldn’t be shocked if that’s him missing for the rest of the season. It looked like he caught his studs badly on our disgrace of a pitch, the skid mark was still clearly visible at the end of the game. 

Even with his injury he was chasing more balls than McLean, who got an absolute earful off him towards the end of the game. It must be absolutely brutal having a team mate who quite clearly isn’t interested in the slightest.

Yes that isn’t particularly good either. You do wonder how much the pitch has to do with our injury crisis.  I’m sure someone could work it out. But how many have become crocked at home compared to away from home.

53 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Word salad, but coming on here singling out McLean is really missing the bigger picture.  And anyone who can't see it must be blind.

I don’t think anyone isn’t aware that we have far bigger issues off the field or are being blind to it. But as paying fans, the very least you should expect is every player wearing your team’s jersey should give 100% every time they cross the white line. It would take a brave man to suggest that has been the case at all times in recent games.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Farrell has his faults, several, but he can’t be blamed for McLean appearing uninterested as you say, or, for the state of our pitch. The latter being a major player in our recent slump if you ask me.

Deserved win today- only shock was that it took so long for us to go ahead. We were on top most of the first half and were unlucky to fall behind. Dumbo’s reaction was telling. Goalie loitering over goal kicks when before that he  couldn’t wait to get the ball up the park, and the captain and goalkeeper advising the ball boys to take their time returning the ball. Odd behaviour from a team chasing the title with a half of football still to play, but it has become something of a trademark.

Second half we were well on top. O’Reilly’s introduction was timed to perfection and was the deciding factor. Orr’s miss was typical, while his winning goal wasn’t. It certainly surprised me.

It has been a pretty turgid season but that today was fantastic. It was great to win but also great to win against such an unlikable team with some pretty gruesome individuals. 

The slaughtering of McLean seems ridiculous. Sent on with 15 minutes to go he then proceeded to get every single ball telegraphed towards him, up against Nicky Jamieson who is not the silkiest player in the world, but give him a ball to attack with his head, he will win it. Dumbo won’t win the league. I’m just surprised they have come as close as they have.