Clyde v Falkirk

Not sure we deserved to win but we definitely had the better chances. Our usual inability to even hit the target striking throughout; Doherty hitting the bar and second half chances for Doherty, Cunningham and Cameron. Falkirk's real chances tended to be blocked by defenders, McLean had an outstanding one in the first half and Salkeld a great recovery in the second.

Falkirk were dreadful. Completely ran out of ideas after about 5 minutes. Shelling crosses into the box for our centre halves to clear wasn't the best idea.

Fair play to some of the ones who take a bit of stick; Lyon, Scullion, Doherty, Craig. There were some decent displays today outside of Rennie who was diabolical. McLean our best IMO ahead of Scullion.  There's definitely something there with Mullen that's worth sticking with, possibly into next season. It was also good to see Sula shake off last week's nightmare with a cruise through the second half.

There won't be many other players who make it to 200 appearances for Clyde, so well done Barry Cuddihy. A nice touch giving him the captaincy for the day.

Referee had a good game as well.  

The problem with this team is that they inevitably give us a bit of hope with a decent performance thrown in but then follow it up with an absolutely tepid defeat the week after. What I’d do for a bit of consistency.

11 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

The problem with this team is that they inevitably give us a bit of hope with a decent performance thrown in but then follow it up with an absolutely tepid defeat the week after. What I’d do for a bit of consistency.

That is consistency!

After some of the deficiencies of late, nice to have a relatively positive performance for a change, particularly defensively.  If we had a more clinical presence up front (like early season Jordan Allan for instance) we may well have snuck a win there.

POTM Kurtis Roberts for me, by far the standout of recent weeks.  I'm not sure his contract status, but for me I'd be making a conscious effort to ensure he's tied down to us long-term.  Any rebuild that we will likely need to make has to have him as part of it IMHO.  Some of his touches and runs from midfield were excellent.  Also thought the much-maligned Ross Lyon was really good today, but I feel if we can give him a settled run at right back, rather than the myriad of positions he's been asked to fill of late, it might help his confidence a bit.

Not sure what the situation is with Rennie.  His first couple of games he looked like someone who could make a difference, but his form has dipped badly.  To me he doesn't look fit, which gives rise to questions about whether it's worth benching him for next week against Kelty (we finished with more or less Ewan Cameron up front with Doherty, potentially worth trying that).

Also, kudos to Scott Lambie the referee today, he was excellent.  When you don't really notice a referee during a match, it usually means he's doing something right and it was a very unfussy showing, only producing the yellow card when needed.  In fairness, I thought he had been spot on when we had him down at Queen of the South very first game this season, and he was spot on again today.

Wasn't there but watched highlights and from them we definitely looked unlucky not to take the 3 points. Still though, a good point which, with GD, effectively puts us 5 ahead of Peterhead which should be enough now to avoid automatic relegation.

I think whoever put that crowd up as 1,025 was using the Seville calculator.

2 hours ago, CM. said:

Wasn't there but watched highlights and from them we definitely looked unlucky not to take the 3 points. Still though, a good point which, with GD, effectively puts us 5 ahead of Peterhead which should be enough now to avoid automatic relegation.

I think whoever put that crowd up as 1,025 was using the Seville calculator.

Saw a pic of the home support five minutes from kick off. There couldn’t have been more than 200 there. 

We’d be as well begging to go back to Broadwood.