June fixtures

Merkie84

Thought this might be best place to put this:

If like me you subscribed to Viaplay for the £70 annual deal last June, you can cancel the auto renewal (which is £140 for the year), ignore all their "we'll give you 3 months for the price of 1" emails and upon expiry -but as long as before June 20- immediately resubscribe for £59 for the year, gets you all Scotland games plus Betfred / Scottish cup, La Liga and some other stuff (NHL, darts, NASCAR). I think I've probably got about a justified amount of usage out of it at the lower price.

Edited by Fuctifano

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

Could he possibly play even further forward, in the Armstrong/Christie role? Or could McGinn play in that position with Ferguson playing McGinn’s normal role? 

We are blessed with options at the moment. If everyone is fit then our best XI probably excludes the likes of Angus Gunn, Nathan Patterson, Jack Hendry, Scott McKenna, Billy Gilmour, Lewis Ferguson, Stuart Armstrong and Lyndon Dykes. Very good strength in depth. 

I don't think Ferguson can replicate what Christie and Armstrong do, and the front three worked well in March so I wouldn't be looking to disrupt it. Ferguson might actually be good to bring on if we're winning when one of them tires, but that's been Kenny McLean's role in his last few appearances. 

Ralston out and Ross McCrorie in for the squad from the Steve Clarke interview on the SFA twitter.

ETA: and the u21 players involved with the senior camp are Leon King as already mentioned, Lewis Fiorini and Tommy Conway.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

20 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Really should just watch the full interview before posting but also mentioned is that Souttar, Cooper and Patterson all doubts for now.

We are starting to seriously struggle at CB, four out now! Thankfully Hendry has been back starting games. 

The one good thing with Clarke's Killie team was that the way they set up you could usually cope with having changes at centre-back. Scott Boyd and Alex Bruce both ended up playing a lot of games with Broadfoot being injured/suspended a lot and Findlay occasionally missing a couple of games and we never really missed a beat. As long as we can do something like Tierney-Porteous-Hendry we'll be fine.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The one good thing with Clarke's Killie team was that the way they set up you could usually cope with having changes at centre-back. Scott Boyd and Alex Bruce both ended up playing a lot of games with Broadfoot being injured/suspended a lot and Findlay occasionally missing a couple of games and we never really missed a beat. As long as we can do something like Tierney-Porteous-Hendry we'll be fine.

That would still leave Hyam on the bench plus the option of McTominay coming into the back three as well. Probably one more injury at CB would see another player called up though. 

8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Ralston out and Ross McCrorie in for the squad from the Steve Clarke interview on the SFA twitter.

ETA: and the u21 players involved with the senior camp are Leon King as already mentioned, Lewis Fiorini and Tommy Conway.

Quite a strange trio but they've all played a relatively decent amount of first team football this season. 

8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Really should just watch the full interview before posting but also mentioned is that Souttar, Cooper and Patterson all doubts for now.

Me irl reacting to this news:

😮

43 minutes ago, NickMcG said:

He, like others, had some pretty ropey moments in that game.  

I'd have to go back and rewatch the game so I'll take your word for it, not a problem.

You could fit a piece of paper between our CB's in terms of their ability and so I think it will come down more to our game plan and who provides the attributes that fit that best

We played a high line away to Ukraine, Built from the back at home to Cyprus and used a low block against Spain. I think therefore the game plan will have a bearing on selection.

If I were to bet our game plan will be cautious and similar to the Spain approach hitting on the counter. No building play, no high line so less need for pace at the back and therefore if fit it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Cooper replace Hanley just to give an example.

Edited by 2426255

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

You could fit a piece of paper between our CB's in terms of their ability and so I think it will come down more to our game plan and who provides the attributes that fit that best

We played a high line away to Ukraine, Built from the back at home to Cyprus and used a low block against Spain. I think therefore the game plan will have a bearing on selection.

Different gameplans against Cyprus and Spain but same backlines, so Clarke's shown that he's also willing to overlook slight individual weaknesses in favour of consistency. The back three does change a lot, though, partly due to injury and partly due to player profiles, so it's hard to guess.

Ranking of possible outcomes

6 points - Dreamland, one foot in the finals

4 points (win in Norway) - Excellent. Looking very good if we can just hold serve in the remaining fixtures.

4 points (Win v Georgia) - Very good. One more big result probably needed but still on the right track.

3 points (win in Norway) - Still in decent shape but still work to be done

3 points (win v Georgia) - Probably about par for the course but still a lot of work to be done.

2 points - Mild disappointment but still in the running

1 point (Draw in Norway) - Big disappointment but still in the running

1 point (Draw v Georgia) - Will be up against it to qualify from here. Probably need 9/10 points from the last four fixtures.

0 points - Disaster. Start planning for the playoffs territory. 

8 hours ago, Donathan said:

Ranking of possible outcomes

6 points - Dreamland, one foot in the finals

4 points (win in Norway) - Excellent. Looking very good if we can just hold serve in the remaining fixtures.

4 points (Win v Georgia) - Very good. One more big result probably needed but still on the right track.

3 points (win in Norway) - Still in decent shape but still work to be done

3 points (win v Georgia) - Probably about par for the course but still a lot of work to be done.

2 points - Mild disappointment but still in the running

1 point (Draw in Norway) - Big disappointment but still in the running

1 point (Draw v Georgia) - Will be up against it to qualify from here. Probably need 9/10 points from the last four fixtures.

0 points - Disaster. Start planning for the playoffs territory. 

As strange as it sounds if we're ranking results I'd put 2 points above 3 with the win v Georgia. It would mean Norway are at best 3pts behind after 4 played rather than 2pts.

On 05/06/2023 at 17:02, Fuctifano said:

Thought this might be best place to put this:

If like me you subscribed to Viaplay for the £70 annual deal last June, you can cancel the auto renewal (which is £140 for the year), ignore all their "we'll give you 3 months for the price of 1" emails and upon expiry -but as long as before June 20- immediately resubscribe for £59 for the year, gets you all Scotland games plus Betfred / Scottish cup, La Liga and some other stuff (NHL, darts, NASCAR). I think I've probably got about a justified amount of usage out of it at the lower price.

Mmm, I seem to have subscribed for £100 for the year on 7th June 2022. Of course it was Premier Sports then, not Viaplay

I've not received anything at all about my subscription and whilst I can log into an account on the Viaplay website it doesn't obviously let me do anything else. I can't see any details of existing subscription and my Payment Details section is blank. I wonder if my subscription has expired without renewal for some reason? I'll have to check Sky when I get home to see if I've no access any more. I guess if I don't I can just buy the new deal anyway. If it's renewed at £140 without warning I'll be slightly irritated. I've not watched anything on it other than Scotland games and a couple of Premier Sports ties last July.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, I seem to have subscribed for £100 for the year on 7th June 2022. Of course it was Premier Sports then, not Viaplay

I've not received anything at all about my subscription and whilst I can log into an account on the Viaplay website it doesn't obviously let me do anything else. I can't see any details of existing subscription and my Payment Details section is blank. I wonder if my subscription has expired without renewal for some reason? I'll have to check Sky when I get home to see if I've no access any more. I guess if I don't I can just buy the new deal anyway. If it's renewed at £140 without warning I'll be slightly irritated. I've not watched anything on it other than Scotland games and a couple of Premier Sports ties last July.

I had the same screen with no option to cancel (snip below), had to email them to do so (satellitesupport@viaplay.com) but you might be too late. I think they'd have had to email you with renewal details? I'm through Sky too.

image.png.f4fed6da8399ccd763167b05d0fab9a6.png

Edited by Fuctifano

23 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Anyone know if you can change an adult ticket to a child ticket, or is it just a case of the kid goes in on the adult ticket and you take the financial hit? Cheers

^^^ Tom Hanks in Big found.