Arbroath FC vs Dundee FC - 08/04/23

Arbroath seem to be kicking into gear at the wrong time for us but we look to be finally clicking as well.

2 up top has worked extremely well for us so far but with Robinson likely out due to concussion (hopefully not) and Arbroath being a stuffier team in the centre, this will be a much tougher challenge for this new set up we have.

What happened to that winger that absolutely rinsed us at Dens? He still getting a game for Arbroath? Seems to be that Balde that's collecting more of the plaudits at the moment in the centre.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What happened to that winger that absolutely rinsed us at Dens? He still getting a game for Arbroath? Seems to be that Balde that's collecting more of the plaudits at the moment in the centre.

Burst on the scene and looked like messi at dens, had a couple of ok games/flashes of skill recently after then fell out the team. Combination of loosing confidence and probably just not the player we need right now.

49 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Burst on the scene and looked like messi at dens, had a couple of ok games/flashes of skill recently after then fell out the team. Combination of loosing confidence and probably just not the player we need right now.

Too lightweight imo, no doubt he's a skillful player, but too easily brushed off the ball,, looking forward to nxt Saturday. Will be a bumper crowd and should be a cracker

Close to a sell-out for this ? (whats the Dees allocation?) Will be very tough trying to get anything here, hopefully an attacking formation from the start. Think Arbroath will be fine, even if you lose this one.😎

Thank you.

This is a fucker of a game. Arbroath just a really solid and tough opponent. Put our challengers to the sword recently and we will have to be at our very best to beat them.

Respectful but no fear the same team that has started the last two must start. Robinson injury permitting obviously.

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Close to a sell-out for this ? (whats the Dees allocation?) Will be very tough trying to get anything here, hopefully an attacking formation from the start. Think Arbroath will be fine, even if you lose this one.😎

Thank you.

Still tickets for sale for away fans on Arbroath's website.

Just got my eticket.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Sure ground split into two is 3300 each side but possibly changed cause of new media bit. Would still guess away end is about 3000. Be surprised if it come close to selling out 

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Arbroath seem to be kicking into gear at the wrong time for us but we look to be finally clicking as well.

2 up top has worked extremely well for us so far but with Robinson likely out due to concussion (hopefully not) and Arbroath being a stuffier team in the centre, this will be a much tougher challenge for this new set up we have.

El Mhanni a great player but we’ve been playing a team that’s more about getting stuck in, non stop running and grafting recently and that’s not really El Mhanni game 

Both sides have done each others some favours of late but we need to keep this momentum going. God knows Gayfield hasn't been the happiest of hunting grounds for us of late, but with QP at Firhill we need to keep making ground back up.

I’ve never felt so gutted after a game than the 0-0 draw at Gayfield on 18 March 1978 as I knew we weren’t going to be promoted. Even though we later drew at home with Morton and lost to away to Dumbarton something inside me knew we’d fucked it. We missed out on promotion to Morton and Hearts by one point. An oddity of the fixtures meant we met again at Dens the following Saturday and winning 2-0.

Draw at Cove v Hamilton would really be the icing on the cake 

We’ve done well v Dundee in all 3 games. Won one of them and could’ve won the other 2 as well although all 3 games really could’ve went either way. Could’ve as easily lost all 3 too however we have definitely been competitive and again if we get stuck in and get in about them I see no reason why we cannot take a point or more.

A win would basically keep us up if Cove and Hamilton finished level. 

Table would be 

Arbroath - played 31 - 34 points 

Cove - played 32 - 27 points 

Hamilton - played 31 - 26 points (assuming Raith beat them on Tuesday) 

However I’m sure there’ll be more twists and turns so just got to look after ourselves. 

Aside from Partick, Arbroath have definitely been our bogey team this season, with Arbroath just as able to net past us as we can against them. This should be a very competitive affair, and though I wondered if the element of surprise from our last encounter with them signing 3 new players right before the game might be gone, Arbroath have found a very rich vein of form in stifling opponents and catching them unaware.

We've been cutting teams apart as of late and been very stout at the back, but when we start conceding goals we have a bad habit of continuing to do so. In short, this is the type of game which could well truly show if we have the chops to take this league for ourselves or not.

Not been to an away game for a little bit but this one is tempting, as despite how little I've enjoyed my times at Gayfield in the past 😜

Really hope Arbroath stay up , when I was wee , I used to watch them when Dundee were away from home , I’d go stay with my aunt in Arbroath, great team back then , jimmy jack , Dennis Bruce , Brian Cant, Sellers , Graham paynes brither , and the captain Stirling , but com on the Dees we need to win this one