Arbroath FC vs Dundee FC - 08/04/23

4 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Which point? The fact you were called out correctly for being a homophobe in the Morton match thread? Or that you are a Dundee a United supporter? 

Please do answer…..

Oh let's go for both !!

12 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

4 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Which point? The fact you were called out correctly for being a homophobe in the Morton match thread? Or that you are a Dundee a United supporter? 

Please do answer…..

Oh let's go for both !!

On 17/03/2023 at 23:20, Chippyminton said:

And your point is ? ..........

How do you know that @lichtie23 isn't a lassie? And even if he/she isn't - how much longer does this stone-age, head-in-the-sand bigotry against (potentially) gay people have to persist? Just what the f**k is wrong with you?

To me, and to most other rational, objective, compassionate and open-minded people in the year 2023 - gay men & women are no different to people who just happen to have been born left-handed. It's not 1950 anymore. Fucking grow up, and throw your toxic prejudice into the cesspit where it belongs.

You have yourself a nice night now.

I feel like Arbroath fans get really touchy when the wind is mentioned. Maybe it is because they are accustomed to conditions that usually see your pus blown aff. 

There was a slight breeze, enough for Legzdins goal kicks to hold up in the air - did it effect the game? No. Dundee were shite, Arbroath weren't much better. Thems the breaks.

Point gained for us considering how terrible we were. 

First time visiting Gayfield and I loved it - a real unique Scottish ground. Stay up you smokie b*****ds. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

37 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I feel like Arbroath fans get really touchy when the wind is mentioned. Maybe it is because they are accustomed to conditions that usually see your pus blown aff. 

There was a slight breeze, enough to see Legzdins goal kicks see the ball hold up in the air - did it effect the game? No. Dundee were shite, Arbroath weren't much better. Thems the breaks.

Point gained for us considering how terrible we were. 

First time visiting Gayfield and I loved it - a real unique Scottish ground. Stay up you smokie b*****ds. 

I don’t think we’re touchy about the wind really as we know the score with it. Just a bit sick of hearing it used, normally as an excuse, whenever the opposition lose or draw. We would all agree that, at times, the wind at Gayfield can be absolutely brutal but it only normally has any affect on the game a handful of times a season, at most, and ruins a game even less frequently.

We were almost unbeatable at home last season and it was comedy gold hearing it getting used as an excuse, even when it was no more than a stiff, or even slight breeze like it was on Saturday - e.g. the 2 home games v Killie.

Glad you enjoyed your first trip to Gayfield, hopefully you’ll have another 2 to enjoy next season 😉 from a selfish pov obviously.

43 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I don’t think we’re touchy about the wind really as we know the score with it. Just a bit sick of hearing it used, normally as an excuse, whenever the opposition lose or draw. We would all agree that, at times, the wind at Gayfield can be absolutely brutal but it only normally has any affect on the game a handful of times a season, at most, and ruins a game even less frequently.

We were almost unbeatable at home last season and it was comedy gold hearing it getting used as an excuse, even when it was no more than a stiff, or even slight breeze like it was on Saturday - e.g. the 2 home games v Killie.

Glad you enjoyed your first trip to Gayfield, hopefully you’ll have another 2 to enjoy next season 😉 from a selfish pov obviously.

Seems like an excuse that will be rolled out from frustration from other teams 'expected' to win. I've seen Arbroath quite a bit over the past couple seasons and it is a team that are honest and work like f**k - a lot of admiration for that. 

I didn't enjoy it that much! Enough to come and watch a game as a neutral IF Dundee are away facing one of the ugly sisters mind you.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Just a bit sick of hearing it used, normally as an excuse, whenever the opposition lose or draw. 

I think that's what happened with Bowyer. The match was pretty meh as a spectacle and I think he went straight to the default thing that all managers say to fill the space. It is honestly a little funny that it managed to get the reaction it did on here.

19 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I think that's what happened with Bowyer. The match was pretty meh as a spectacle and I think he went straight to the default thing that all managers say to fill the space. It is honestly a little funny that it managed to get the reaction it did on here.

I bet you Dundee United wouldn't have resorted to the wind excuse.  You tend to expect more class from the bigger clubs.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:
2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I bet you Dundee United wouldn't have resorted to the wind excuse.  You tend to expect more class from the bigger clubs.

Youll find out next season when they get their sorry arses dumped down here

7 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

100% this, also how often the wave that soaked Bobby Linn, gets brought up, when in reality, the wind rarely blows in off the sea

17 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Fair point, Lichtie 23 may or may not  be a lassie. 😂

You forgot to cover the 2nd point.

Think you might be a complete and utter belter

Fair enough so.

But I'd rather be seen as a 'complete and utter belter' than a monumental pellet who can't decide which fitba team he supports this week.

So - greetings from a rainy and windy West Coast (of Scotland btw - just in case your seemingly-fluid team allegiance has moved to a different continent over the past few hours).

Edit on a proper fitba topic = FWIW I think that the Dark Blues will be champions this year - and deservedly so in all probability, despite being taught a salutory lesson at Cappielow in what was probably our best performance of the entire season. Championships aren't won by occasional lucky results - they're won by being consistent, and if Dees do eventually triumph, then fair play to them.  But I really hope that Lichties stay up. Even as a Ton supporter, I have a strange fondness for those maroon shirts, scarves and hats, and I've never had anything other than a great day out at Gayfield over the innumerable times I've been there, enjoying many bantering pints and great craic with Arbroath supporters. Maybe it's the unbiased heartache which I felt watching your collapse last season. Maybe it's the respect I have for the fact that no matter what we do, we just can't seem to beat yous. Maybe it's sympathy for the SPFL injustice of your endless Friday-nights season run-in. But above all, it's probably that 'eternal underdog' thing - something which Ton supporters know f**kloads about.

Crack on boys. Birthday-caird pish? Aye maybe - but I'd miss my days out (and my chance to stock up on smokies, cunningly smuggled past South Ayrshire border control) if you were gone.

Edited by Chippyminton

It’s maybe a bit touchy but I think we’re all getting so tired and bored of the “the wind was a leveller” “Arbroath are a direct team” “the pitch is too tight”

It actually makes me laugh now.  It was 0-0, a deserved draw and point for both teams. In all four games against Dundee they’ve actually been quite evenly matched so not much between the teams in those games. Dundee simply haven’t been good enough to win at Gayfield this season, sometimes that’s just the way the cookie crumbles.