Arbroath FC vs Dundee FC - 08/04/23

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

We have been very well organised the last month or so. Before that we were an absolute shambles.

5 points from 12 from Dundee this season, very satisfied with that 

Is that how you play every week? Fucking brutal. IMO.

Who was the midfielder for Arbroath that got subbed roughly half way through the second half?  I thought he put in a great performance breaking up play and driving forward.

Arbroath would be doing very well to keep hold of him for next season.  In fact I would be happy if Dundee signed him.

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Don’t think it was that much but he definitely didn’t play the full 90. The second half started 8 minutes late and he blew for full time at 5:52.

Maybe he’d had enough and realised neither team was scoring.

I thought the second half started at 4.10 so 45 minutes should be 5.55 plus 30seconds each  subbie , plus any stoppage time so I expected the whistle to go almost bang on 5pm , have to say I was totally shocked at the whistle, maybe the ref had a train to catch 

13 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Needs must am afraid, no many teams, play themselves out of trouble, survival is what it’s all about 

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Who was the midfielder for Arbroath that got subbed roughly half way through the second half?  I thought he put in a great performance breaking up play and driving forward.

Arbroath would be doing very well to keep hold of him for next season.  In fact I would be happy if Dundee signed him.

He’s a signed player Joao Balde

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Im finding myself enjoying it.  Every match is a war!  Players give absolutely everything, everyone knows their role, and the opposition find it really tough to counter us.  

8 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

I thought the second half started at 4.10 so 45 minutes should be 5.55 plus 30seconds each  subbie , plus any stoppage time so I expected the whistle to go almost bang on 5pm , have to say I was totally shocked at the whistle, maybe the ref had a train to catch 

I was at the claypotts roundabout at 5 o'clock !!

Overall a decent point against a well-organised Arbroath side who didn't really give us time to do anything with the ball. 

I'm not a fan of picking out particular players for criticism, but McMullan really wasn't with it today. Always seemed to want to overcomplicate everything when there was a simple pass. Although his effort that cracked off the post looked goal-bound all day long.

How good this point actually is won't be clear until Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Have to say, I thought it finished a bit sharp, maybe the ref thought, this pair are not going to score, so I’ll just blow

12 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

No, 4.04 according to my Seiko skx (pretty accurate).

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Im finding myself enjoying it.  Every match is a war!  Players give absolutely everything, everyone knows their role, and the opposition find it really tough to counter us.  

That's true, you still got to play the Partick? 

No chance you're going down.

37 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

I had a stopwatch on it. He played just over 47,  but I  had expected about  a couple more

46 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

His name is Deri Corfe,

Should definitely sign him

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was it 'f**k the SFA or f**k the SNP' that was getting chanted as well?

Don't mind telling Douglas Ross to f**k himself but thought it was going a bit far just going round all the different political parties just for that wee rat's benefit.

It was "f**k the SFA", which itself is a minging Rangers chant. Some good singing today, but that wasn't up there.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

How was #PennsylvanianPirlo when he came on!?

He wasn't awful, certainly no worse than any other Dundee player in that miserable 2nd half. Made a couple runs and some decent passes going up the wing. Far from amazing, though that likely goes without saying. Maybe we'll get something good out of him yet.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee