Arbroath FC vs Dundee FC - 08/04/23

5 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Well spotted , I knew I’d get some first names wrong , I was only around 10 or 11 at the time , what was the guy Stirlings first name , great player 

Ian Stirling. Was a farmer at Dickmontlaw just north of the town. Was also on the committee & later club president after he retired from playing. Passed away li the last couple of years or so. RIP

10 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Ian Stirling. Was a farmer at Dickmontlaw just north of the town. Was also on the committee & later club president after he retired from playing. Passed away li the last couple of years or so. RIP

Related to Peter Stirling at Windyhills farn, I assume?

On 01/04/2023 at 22:46, 1320Lichtie said:

Sure ground split into two is 3300 each side but possibly changed cause of new media bit. Would still guess away end is about 3000. Be surprised if it come close to selling out.

Prepared to be surprised. Looks like the away end will sell out tomorrow or at worst Thursday.

Shame The Derry hasn't offered to assault anyone yet. 

It's our lucky omen.

I didn't realise how big a game this was going to be, but I read that aye, Dundee have sold 2,000 tickets.  If this continues, they could not only outnumber the home fans, but if the home fans turn out for this home derby game, we could have 4,000/5,000 at Gayfield for a run of the mill league game.  Absolutely unthinkable a few years ago.  Sure, for a cup game against one of the OF, but never for anything else.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

53 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

Tickets bought here as well. 👍

Will be youngest 2s first away game, could be an interesting trip 😬

Looking forward to it...I think. 🤣 (40 several years of 'consistently inconsistent' Dees make me nervous)

How many times over the years have we been on a decent run and we take a big crowd to a ‘big game’, only to make a complete c**t of it ? I’ve lost count 😆

This must be the game that the team delight the ‘big travelling support’ 🤪

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Arbroath have ticket prices 100% correct and spot on. Adult and 2 kids for £25. Bravo.

Only terrace tickets left. Really looking forward to this.

Agreed. 4 of us going for less than £40! 

Tickets bought for Saturday. I dont mind Arbroath at all and over the past few seasons they have been difficult to beat, and indeed scored four at Dens to win earlier this season.
I’m hoping that the Dee overcome some bad memories that I have from watching them at Gayfield in the seventies: the first horror, although it was a brilliant goal, was Dundee legend Andy Penman score direct from a corner- one of very few times I’ve seen that; and secondly a stunning own goal from Jocky Scott- surely his only one. 

So let’s just have a first class winning no nonsense performance against a vastly improved and improving home side please.  👍

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Thought this was looking like a free hit but Hamilton's result last night now means we have to try and pick something up here. Huge game for both teams.

Probably better all round if you let us win - the league will be much harder for you if both Dundee and Utd are in it.  

You know it makes sense.

25 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Probably better all round if you let us win - the league will be much harder for you if both Dundee and Utd are in it.  

You know it makes sense.

The opposite, United and Dundee basically guarantees 4 bumper crowds!

Almost embarrassingly this is my first visit to Gayfield. I have a lot of time for Arbroath, well run club that are hard to beat and will fucking punish you if you don't match their work rate. They are also a prime example of a club that are a 20 odd minute drive away that aren't obsessed with hating Dundee unlike those St J weirdos.

All that said, lie down for us on Saturday please xxx