Celtic v Rangers April 8th

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

I do, yes. However wasn't it reported that Celtic had pushed for full allocations from next season to which Rangers objected (incorrectly, imo) and it was then decided for safety reasons both sets of supporters wouldn't be given access?

Rangers appeared to be amenable to leaving the current allocation in place.

Amenable 🤣

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Amenable 🤣

It was Rangers that pushed for the reduced allocation, why wouldn’t they be amenable to keeping it rather than a complete lockout?

The tabloids reported that it was only decided to shut out all fans after failed discussions about increasing them to the original allocation.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

It was Rangers that pushed for the reduced allocation, why wouldn’t they be amenable to keeping it rather than a complete lockout?

The tabloids reported that it was only decided to shut out all fans after failed discussions about increasing them to the original allocation.

There is nothing amenable when dealing with Rangers which is why in almost every recent event wether that be discussions about allocations, sponsorship deals for the league or votes during Covid, Rangers were always the ones trying to roller skate uphill. It’s almost as if they still haven’t quite got over 2012. 

They fucked it for us all meaning now the opportunity to get to these games as an away supporter is almost impossible.

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

There is nothing amenable when dealing with Rangers which is why in almost every recent event wether that be discussions about allocations, sponsorship deals for the league or votes during Covid, Rangers were always the ones trying to roller skate uphill. It’s almost as if they still haven’t quite got over 2012. 

They fucked it for us all meaning now the opportunity to get to these games as an away supporter is almost impossible.

I remember reading about how we could assign mental health conditions to entire countries depending on their behaviour towards the world. I guess we could also do this with football teams in which case I wonder if Rangers would fit this assessment because I think they would. This is not an attack on Rangers or their fans, just a thought, so no death threats please.  🙂

=========================================================

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterised by the presence of five or more of the following symptoms:1

• A sense of entitlement
  • An inflated sense of self-importance
  • Arrogant, egotistical, or haughty behavior
  • Envious of others or believes others are envious of them
  • Lack of empathy
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • Requiring excessive admiration
  • Taking advantage of others
  • Believing that they are "special" and can only be understood by other special or high-status people

=========================================================

32 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I think this is the proverbial 'playing the man instead of the ball'.

None of those instances have much relevance to the question I asked, which was why wouldn't Rangers wish to keep the reduced fan allocation when it was them that pushed to introduce it?

And let's not forget, this isn't the first time a complete lock out of fans has happened, with the first instance coming about after Celtic refused to give any assurances that Rangers fans would be allowed to attend Celtic Park for a new year game. Rangers were more than prepared to allow Celtic fans into Ibrox for the preceding fixture, as evidenced by the fact they had already sent the tickets to Celtic to distribute to their fans accordingly.

Edited by AJF

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

None of those instances have much relevance to the question I asked, which was why wouldn't Rangers wish to keep the reduced fan allocation when it was them that pushed to introduce it?

And let's not forget, this isn't the first time a complete lock out of fans has happened, with the first instance coming about after Celtic refused to give any assurances that Rangers fans would be allowed to attend Celtic Park for a new year game. Rangers were more than prepared to allow Celtic fans into Ibrox for the preceding fixture, as evidenced by the fact they had already sent the tickets to Celtic to distribute to their fans accordingly.

That’s was due to covid, no one knew what was happening therefore no assurance could be given. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I do, yes. However wasn't it reported that Celtic had pushed for full allocations from next season to which Rangers objected (incorrectly, imo) and it was then decided for safety reasons both sets of supporters wouldn't be given access?

Rangers appeared to be amenable to leaving the current allocation in place.

That's a pretty blinkered, if not unsurprising, view on things.

Apropos of nothing, I happened to read this piece of misinformation on the West Ham website.

"Warburton led Brentford to the EFL Championship Play-Offs and Rangers to the Scottish Premiership title before most recently enjoying three productive seasons at Queens Park Rangers, culminating in a top-half Championship finish last term."

Stevie Gee won't like that. Shows how much attention is paid to R&C outside Scotland.

10 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Apropos of nothing, I happened to read this piece of misinformation on the West Ham website.

"Warburton led Brentford to the EFL Championship Play-Offs and Rangers to the Scottish Premiership title before most recently enjoying three productive seasons at Queens Park Rangers, culminating in a top-half Championship finish last term."

Stevie Gee won't like that. Shows how much attention is paid to R&C outside Scotland.

I’m devastated, a West Ham website you say, don’t think I’ll ever get over that news.  

1 hour ago, AJF said:

A New Year game that was postponed due to Covid and then played in February pretty much vindicating Celtics position at the time let’s not forget. 

We wouldn’t even be talking about allocations if not for Rangers absurd decision to reduce them in the first instance and no amount of posturing or mental gymnastics from you changes that. 

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A New Year game that was postponed due to Covid and then played in February pretty much vindicating Celtics position at the time let’s not forget. 

We wouldn’t even be talking about allocations if not for Rangers absurd decision to reduce them in the first instance and no amount of posturing or mental gymnastics from you changes that. 

Rangers asked for Celtic to give assurances that if guidelines allowed the match to be played without attendance restrictions, that our fans would be granted entry into Celtic Park in return for us allowing Celtic fans into the preceding fixture. Celtic wouldn’t give that. So no, Celtics position was not vindicated as the match was played in front of a full house.

Edited by AJF

No word on whether Raskin will be fit which is a worry given our passive midfield the last time at Hampden.

We will definitely see Cantwell start though, just depends if that will be with Tillman as well.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Rangers asked for Celtic to give assurances that if guidelines allowed the match to be played without attendance restrictions, that our fans would be granted entry into Celtic Park in return for us allowing Celtic fans into the preceding fixture. Celtic wouldn’t give that. So no, Celtics position was not vindicated as the match was played in front of a full house.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

7 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Unless my maths is letting me down then as far as I'm aware we would need to beat you guys both remaining fixtures and then need you to either lose to another team or draw multiple times... that isn't happening.

My "battle fever" is resoundingly turned off right now. I've been looking forward to next season since we drew the home game earlier in the year tbh. 

I appreciate you guys perhaps want to frame it that a win for you guys wins the league but I'd say that contest is already over. 

This is exactly the sort of commitment I expect from fans of a club that doesn’t actually exist.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

This is exactly the sort of commitment I expect from fans of a club that doesn’t actually exist.

Yeah come to think of it you're probably right...

The obvious difference between Rangers and celtc this season is the fact that I don't commit enough belief. 

I will certainly try harder next season to try harder and hopefully that will help Rangers win the league.