Celtic v Rangers April 8th

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Another case of Old Firm big wigs playing to the most loathsome part of the gallery.

Can argue all day it was a soft decision (I personally think it should have stood) but we all know, and everyone connected with Rangers knows, why Clancy disallowed that goal. And why VAR didnt overturn it.

"Demanding answers" as to why side A didnt get a clearly subjective decision in their favour is pathetic.

Grow up ffs.

In real time Clancy could have seen it as a push, 60,000 celtic fans screaming at him may or may not have helped that decision. 

The pressure that the VAR teams have been under this season from celtic and the media doesn't help, they know that they'll have weeks of hassle if celtic don't like a decision. 

Rather a club than asking for a explanation,  the SFA should allow refs to explain decisions in either interviews or a report on their website. 

I have to say that all this "we were unluckly," "Should have won," "What about that goal that should have stood," "we made errors," "If Kyogo played for Rangers," stuff, just masks the fact that even when not really at it Celtic were better and actually won without getting out of first gear.  There have been time for both teams when even in defeat, you could look at the game and see that the "balance of power," had swung one way or another that the team had shown they could compete. Not today. Celtic were just much better, almost as easy a win as the cup final 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

In real time Clancy could have seen it as a push, 60,000 celtic fans screaming at him may or may not have helped that decision. 

The pressure that the VAR teams have been under this season from celtic and the media doesn't help, they know that they'll have weeks of hassle if celtic don't like a decision. 

Rather a club than asking for a explanation,  the SFA should allow refs to explain decisions in either interviews or a report on their website. 

Stunning lack of self awareness in this post 

Just now, Insaintee said:

Stunning lack of self awareness in this post 

Rangers will write to the SFA and that will be that, the fans will moan about it for a day or so and then move on.

There won't be weeks of organised harrassment. 

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

A Celtic fan talking about another team having a clear narrative around refereeing decisions? A team who’s fans claim institutional bias against them on an almost weekly basis, who have club employees writing the foreword for a book called ‘Anyone But Celtic’ (lol) and ex-players in the media spouting nonsense about decisions going against Celtic after almost every game. A bit of self awareness wouldn’t go amiss. 

Neil Lennon was the best at it, I've said many times on here small country small mentality,the polarized view is part of the game not just for the fans but also people in the game.   

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

So it’s not a negative that your only consistent threat against us is your right back? 🤣 Hopefully Beale continues to think like you. 

I'd be more worried that your own team are allowing "consistently" the opposition right back to be a goal threat.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rangers will write to the SFA and that will be that, the fans will moan about it for a day or so and then move on.

There won't be weeks of organised harrassment. 

Book marked for after weeks and weeks of this shit. 

**** will only forget it after they get hosed out the Cup semi and have a new grievance/excuss/deflection 

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Neil Lennon was the best at it, I've said many times on here small country small mentality,the polarized view is part of the game not just for the fans but also people in the game.   

Wise words. Not a clue what you’re talking about but some excellent words used there. The American spelling of ‘polarised’ a particular highlight. 

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Allowing Sky to hear the decision making from the referees and not the clubs is a major problem.
Skulduggery in case the wording they use can be bias.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Saw the second half of this in the pub before the Hearts Extravaganza yesterday. Two things struck me (one of them at half time seeing the highlights).

1) I'm glad that'll be the end of Celtic fans moaning about bias. f**k me, they got a big helping hand yesterday.

2) The way Rangers pressed made the most of what they had. I thought it was quite impressive from Beale, and Celtic looked rattled out of their stride by it. Two bizarre goals aside, they'd have been struggling. For now Celtic are the better side by a distance, but I think I'd be slightly concerned by how it played out if I was a Celtic fan.

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'd be more worried that your own team are allowing "consistently" the opposition right back to be a goal threat.

The majority of their chances come from set pieces so highly unrealistic to expect we won’t concede at least a couple of those during 90 mins so he will always pose a threat from those however thing about Tav is he gives back considering 2 of the goals we score come from chances created by players running off him.

14 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Book marked for after weeks and weeks of this shit. 

**** will only forget it after they get hosed out the Cup semi and have a new grievance/excuss/deflection 

I can't see us beating them in the semi final, they do love a grievance though.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Allowing Sky to hear the decision making from the referees and not the clubs is a major problem.
Skulduggery in case the wording they use can be bias.

celtic legend Andy Walker certainly heaped pressure on the officials with his comments.

22 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Wise words. Not a clue what you’re talking about but some excellent words used there. The American spelling of ‘polarised’ a particular highlight. 

The parochial polarized view creates institutional bias,Gordon Smith and Campbell Ogilvie are perfect examples.  

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

But Beale is a tactical genius, it's no secret how Celtic play give him time he will get it right.
Letting them win the dead rubber at Ibrox will have the spin puppets in overdrive.
The mind the gap fans has increased, if buts and maybes.

It's such a loser mentality mate. They might beat us at Ibrox, they still might win the cup but we have broken them. The Espanyol Barca comparison is unfair as the gap isn't that big but I think Bayern - Dortmund is fair. They'll win the odd game v us, even a league and cup here and there, but there's no doubt who dominates. They are firmly in our shadow.   

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Saw the second half of this in the pub before the Hearts Extravaganza yesterday. Two things struck me (one of them at half time seeing the highlights).

1) I'm glad that'll be the end of Celtic fans moaning about bias. f**k me, they got a big helping hand yesterday.

2) The way Rangers pressed made the most of what they had. I thought it was quite impressive from Beale, and Celtic looked rattled out of their stride by it. Two bizarre goals aside, they'd have been struggling. For now Celtic are the better side by a distance, but I think I'd be slightly concerned by how it played out if I was a Celtic fan.

Re point two - Celtic's passing was poor yesterday and Rangers pressing was effective, but we still cut through the press and created chances, particularly in the run up to the second goal. In the first half when we beat their front three the ball ended up with Mooy who had space but was miles off it. If he's at it or better yet if Hatate is fit, then Rangers get punished for the space they gave us in the final third. Their chances came from set plays rather than winning the ball high and cutting through us. 

I think if you're crediting Rangers for us being sub par then you have to give Celtic some credit too for their f**k ups. If Jota's not there for the second then Davies clears it easily, if Jota and Kyogo aren't closing in on Souttar then he doesn't make Alan McGregor look like a tottie by asking him to run. We've not always been great but in 30/31 league games we've found a way to get the result we needed, part of that is having better players but their is something to the never stop mantra. 

6 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

I think if you're crediting Rangers for us being sub par then you have to give Celtic some credit too for their f**k ups. If Jota's not there for the second then Davies clears it easily, if Jota and Kyogo aren't closing in on Souttar then he doesn't make Alan McGregor look like a tottie by asking him to run. We've not always been great but in 30/31 league games we've found a way to get the result we needed, part of that is having better players but their is something to the never stop mantra. 

Nah. The second goal is just jammy. A complete freak. Attributing it to any kind of culture or attitude is just wishful thinking to fit a narrative.

And the third goal is simply a dreadful error by a defender. Absolutely any error ever made by a player can be attributed to the presence of opponents in some way, but, again, in this case it's wishful thinking on your part. Pretty much every football team in the world has forwards pressing defenders in that situation. It's the defender's job to deal with it, but in this case the defender is extremely rusty having barely played fitba in 12 months, and it showed.