Celtic v Rangers April 8th

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Tavernier scored his 99th and 100th goals for us today. Him being one of our main goal threats is probably one of the least questionable things to come out of today. To paint this as some kind of failing when you consider we also had our main striker have a goal wrongly disallowed is an odd take.

It is questionable. He is your right back and what you are relying on to be your goal threat if you can’t see that you are blinded by fanboism

Secondly it isn’t wrongly disallowed. He has his hands on his back and the ref sees a push. Is it soft yes but is it a clear and obvious error? No hence why it isn’t overturned by VAR.

How many times has Morelos been the difference maker in this fixture compared to any one of Celtics front 3? So no not an odd take at all.

Look forward to more tear stained shite over the next few days 👍

Just now, bennett said:

You dived right into that one Jinky, we were discussing fans not the clubs.

Your fans are right on this one like a tramp eating chips mate. You already have @AJF howling at the moon and he’s apparently one of the sensible ones

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It is questionable. He is your right back and what you are relying on to be your goal threat if you can’t see that you are blinded by fanboism

Secondly it isn’t wrongly disallowed. He has his hands on his back and the ref sees a push. Is it soft yes but is it a clear and obvious error? No hence why it isn’t overturned by VAR.

How many times has Morelos been the difference maker in this fixture compared to any one of Celtics front 3? So no not an odd take at all.

Look forward to more tear stained shite over the next few days 👍

Why is it questionable that a player who is consistently near the top of the scoring and assist charts for us being a goal threat 😂 it makes no sense. The fact he scored two today is somehow to be viewed negatively? It’s very flawed logic.

And I’m howling at the moon because I feel like the ref wrongly ruled it a foul? No, I have an opinion that many others share. I never criticised VAR, I criticised Clancy.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

You dived right into that one Jinky, we were discussing fans not the clubs.

It’s ok. The letter from Rangers will probably overturn the result.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Your fans are right on this one like a tramp eating chips mate. You already have @AJF howling at the moon and he’s apparently one of the sensible ones

Your definition of moon howling differs from most other peoples. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Why is it questionable that a player who is consistently near the top of the scoring and assist charts for us being a goal threat 😂 it makes no sense. The fact he scored two today is somehow to be viewed negatively? It’s very flawed logic.

And I’m howling at the moon because I feel like the ref wrongly ruled it a foul? No, I have an opinion that many others share. I never criticised VAR, I criticised Clancy.

So it’s not a negative that your only consistent threat against us is your right back? 🤣 Hopefully Beale continues to think like you. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

FFS M8, You said yourself Celtic have got more match winners, the improvement you see is sevco are better off the ball which they lost under Gio.
Beale bring that back isn't making the difference to this Celtic side,we're a better  side since then.
The point is your captain stepped up today but the rest didn't when they needed to win.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

So it’s not a negative that your only consistent threat against us is your right back? 🤣 Hopefully Beale continues to think like you. 

No, it is not a negative that Tavernier scored twice today, in any way, shape or form. And as I already mentioned, it’s an odd take when you consider that our main striker had a goal disallowed. You may claim correctly, I will respectfully disagree.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Your definition of moon howling differs from most other peoples. 

No he is repeatedly mentioning the disallowed goal and wasting his energy trying to convince us it was a wrong call, it was soft but it wasn’t wrong as a push on the back inside the box is a foul.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

No he is repeatedly mentioning the disallowed goal and wasting his energy trying to convince us it was a wrong call, it was soft but it wasn’t wrong as a push on the back inside the box is a foul.

It's obviously a major talking point after the game, not sure why you have an issue with it being discussed. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

All I’ve maintained is I believed the decision to penalise Morelos was the wrong one. I’ve not offered anything else by way of convincing anyone to share my opinion.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, it is not a negative that Tavernier scored twice today, in any way, shape or form. And as I already mentioned, it’s an odd take when you consider that our main striker had a goal disallowed. You may claim correctly, I will respectfully disagree.

You miss the point completely. I didn’t say it’s a negative he scored I said it’s a negative he is your ONLY real threat against us whilst we have at least 4 or 5 players that punish you on a regular basis

Your main striker was fucking shite today ours had a disallowed goal today too and then dusted himself off to punish you again  whilst yours did what else exactly? Do you see the difference there?

Our right back was busy being the best player on the park and pocketing his player whilst yours whilst scoring 2 was the one who completely lost his man for our 1st goal. Personally I prefer my defenders to be able to defend and my attackers to score the goals and maybe that’s why my team has won 16 trophies to your 2 whilst Tav has been your “main” threat.

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

You miss the point completely.

Your main striker was fucking shite today ours had a disallowed goal today too and then dusted himself off to punish you again  whilst yours did what else exactly? Do you see the difference there?

Our right back was busy being the best player on the park and pocketing his player whilst yours whilst scoring 2 was the one who completely lost his man for our 1st goal. Personally I prefer my defenders to be able to defend and my attackers to score the goals and maybe that’s why my team has won 16 trophies to your 2 whilst Tav has been your “main” threat.

You seem to be quite agitated by your teams win, strange behaviour. 

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You miss the point completely.

I don’t miss the point, I just find it an odd take that you think it’s a concern that a player in our side that has been consistently high on our goals/assists charts for the past 8 years is somehow concerning. His position is immaterial when he is one of our main threats. I really don’t know what is difficult about that.

You can point fingers at other players in our side today, but that is a completely different thing to do than paint the fact that Tavernier scoring two goals is a cause for concern.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I don’t miss the point, I just find it an odd take that you think it’s a concern that a player in our side that has been consistently high on our goals/assists charts for the past 8 years is somehow concerning. His position is immaterial when he is one of our main threats. I really don’t know what is difficult about that.

You can point fingers at other players in our side today, but that is a completely different thing to do than paint the fact that Tavernier scoring two goals is a cause for concern.

Take Tav out of your team and you are are completely toothless. If you think being that 1 dimensional isn’t a negative then fair enough but whilst your reliance to bring a challenge is reliant on your right back then I wouldn’t be surprised if those league and trophy records you guys cherish quickly become irrelevant.

Another case of Old Firm big wigs playing to the most loathsome part of the gallery.

Can argue all day it was a soft decision (I personally think it should have stood) but we all know, and everyone connected with Rangers knows, why Clancy disallowed that goal. And why VAR didnt overturn it.

"Demanding answers" as to why side A didnt get a clearly subjective decision in their favour is pathetic.

Grow up ffs.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

You seem to be quite agitated by your teams win, strange behaviour. 

Only thing agitating me mate is trying not to succumb to the plethora of chocolate eggs invading my living room whilst I wait up to watch the UFC.

42 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think there’s many saying Rangers were particularly great, more so in spells rather than an overall good performance. My main point though is neither were Celtic and I don’t feel there could’ve been many complaints had we won today as well.

I feel under Beale our performances in these matches are moving towards the kind we saw under Gerrard against Celtic. We were never really steam-rolling Celtic (a couple of exceptions aside) but we were organised and played to our strengths. So I would say I have a differing opinion of you feel that approach is the wrong one, particularly when you consider Celtic have a lot more “match winners” in their squad than we do.

Was more meaning in the coverage first and foremost. I guess you could say theres more of a look of Gerrards team in this lot than there was in GvB's team. That makes sense. In terms of focus and organisation maybe (but still calamitous defending cost you). But, and tbh, I would need to look back for a like for like comparison of players, Gerrards Rangers teams was epitomised by aggression and attacking intent for me. Guys like Arfield who showed up in the big moments, took their chance to gamble on something happening etc, and guys like Bassey taking the fight to their opponents. This team by comparison are meek and safe in everything they do. 

I wasn't surprised by todays outcome, but I did find the idea that Rangers had performed well jarring enough to pass comment I suppose. 

Edited by Bairnardo