Stirling V Elgin

A narrow win but a massive 3 points.  Play off spot secured, but plan A where everybody will be focused.

Hamilton off the bottom in the championship after a win at Kirkcaldy.  Shows how rapidly things can change in the run in.

Hats off to Currie for tonight 👏.  As for the performance it was poor but champions grind out results and we have a fair few time this season. One thing I can comfortably say is the team don't know when there beat. Twice from behind against dumbarton the late winner against Bonnyrigg again all stuff champions need to do! One last push now 😁🔴⚪🔴

4 minutes ago, Thebino45 said:

Hats off to Currie for tonight 👏.  As for the performance it was poor but champions grind out results and we have a fair few time this season. One thing I can comfortably say is the team don't know when there beat. Twice from behind against dumbarton the late winner against Bonnyrigg again all stuff champions need to do! One last push now 😁🔴⚪🔴

I think coming back from 2-0 and a man down against Annan outdoes them all, but your point is still good.

That was a hard watch and it's a mystery how Elgin somehow managed to lose a match in which at least 3 good chances fell to kane Hester. Currie made 4 excellent saves and was easily our best player on the night.  Davidson was imperious in the first half but like many faded badly as the game went on. 

Yet again we showed tremendous confidence and resilience though and an 8 point lead will be difficult to peg back.  By my reckoning we can't now finish worse than second so that was a pivotal win tonight. 

Shout out to the fans who gave great backing to the team throughout. Looked like another bumper crowd for a Tuesday night too.  Good times at the moment for all Stirling fans so let's enjoy it while it lasts. 

2 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

I'll have nightmares about that Kyle Banner backpass tonight...

Likewise.

The substitutions only seemed to make things worse tonight. Banner for Carrick was obviously an attempt to shore things up but it seemed Elgin had even more space 

After the last 3 changes there seemed to be no shape at all and it was just desperate hanging on.

Winning these kind of games is what wins championships though.

Great to see another really good crowd for a Tuesday night and even better to have fhe 3 points.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

I think coming back from 2-0 and a man down against Annan outdoes them all, but your point is still good.

Fair point I forgot about the Annan result. Just backs up what I'm saying more with the "we're not beaten" yet attitude of this team! But on your point Annan has been a tough place for us over the year. Best results I can't think of is the play offs or the shed 🤣. However let's just enjoy this while we can 😁

13 minutes ago, Thebino45 said:

Fair point I forgot about the Annan result. Just backs up what I'm saying more with the "we're not beaten" yet attitude of this team! But on your point Annan has been a tough place for us over the year. Best results I can't think of is the play offs or the shed 🤣. However let's just enjoy this while we can 😁

It sure beats misery.

That wasn't a great performance at all. We have lost plenty of games in the past and played a lot better so we'll take the points. Blair Currie fully deserves his new contract. An absolutely outstanding performance. 

Brilliant to see the stadium packed on a Tuesday night. Well done to the Elgin fans who travelled down and gave their team decent backing. 

The title race is far from over.