Falkirk v Dunfermline 8th April 2023

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

Is this Falkirk's best result of the season? They are buzzin' about it. 

Hard to choose between the first half at EEP or that game they beat us on corners 👏

Just don't mention how far behind they are in the league. 

46 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Sounds like McGlynn has claimed they battered us and deserved the 3 points. From 2-2, I don’t think they really created anything. First half hour, they were well on top and deserved the 2 goal lead when it came. We weren’t at the races. Then, if the first half had gone on 2/3 mins longer, I think we’d have gone into HT ahead. Looked like Todd should have buried his header. But we had the momentum to finish the half and looked like we would score again.

Second half, I genuinely didn’t think either team created anything. Was a bit of a goalmouth scramble from one of our corners and they had a couple of tame efforts from distance, but I don’t recall any clear-cut chances for either team. So I’m not sure why he’s claiming to have ‘totally battered’ us.

The fact he claims to have out-thought us is just embarrassing for the guy. We avoided defeat in what was a ‘must-win’ for Falkirk and a ‘must not lose’ for us. We were awful, he still couldn’t find a way to win, but is trying to make himself out to be some kind of winner. No doubt the Falkirk fans on here will take his word as gospel though and think it’s a great interview.

Don't agree with the bit in bold. Falkirk had a few chances that worried me. Most were shots from the edge of the box bit a couple were close.

Mehmet in general isn't great at those sort of efforts and I'm unsure why clubs don't try it more against us.

Thought we were holding on a bit near the end. Thought we slightly panicked and too much of what we fired out of defence was trash that fell to Falkirk and came right back at us.

We were absolutely rank rotten today. One of the worst performances I've seen this season and yet you lot still fail to defeat us. Pitty we can't play yous more often. We done our best to lose that today and make the league a bit more interesting but FFC don't have the facilities to party with the big team. 

30 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Have you seen the state of the Falkirk thread? Your fans seem to claim that Falkirk have better players and that McGlynn’s a better manager than him. It genuinely makes no sense. That’s how thick your fan base is. You’re 11 points behind us, have failed to beat us in 4 attempts, but apparently have better players and a better manager. 

And so you thought getting down to their level was the way to go?

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And so you thought getting down to their level was the way to go?

By questioning a manager’s claim that he out-thought the opposition, after he failed to win a must-win game? Don’t think that’s the same level as claiming the team with better players and a better manager is the one 11 points behind.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

By questioning a manager’s claim that he out-thought the opposition, after he failed to win a must-win game? Don’t think that’s the same level as claiming the team with better players and a better manager is the one 11 points behind.

I mean, I have pointed out before... Several of your fans (for some bizarre reason, including on this thread) have proclaimed Airdrie a better team than us, despite the league positions saying otherwise, so these things do happen and are far from unique to Falkirk fans. I'd hope I wouldn't find such inconsitency from yourslef were I to go and look, but you can rest easy, because I won't. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean, I have pointed out before... Several of your fans (for some bizarre reason, including on this thread) have proclaimed Airdrie a better team than us, despite the league positions saying otherwise, so these things do happen and are far from unique to Falkirk fans. I'd hope I wouldn't find such inconsitency from yourslef were I to go and look, but you can rest easy, because I won't. 

Airdrie died years ago m8. No need to go an annan, annan about it!🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, smpar said:

The Norrie chants seem to be picking up more in recent games, they need to be binned immediately. 

There was also at least one chant about Dean Shiels today.

Also saw a couple of daft wee Pars fans get lifted opposite the bus stop. They must have been 15 at most and were exchanged awful patter with some old Falkirk fans who should have known better.

I imagine the daft wee laddies got taken to the police station then told to f**k off, hopefully after a significant scare, although I imagine the embellishment at school Monday morning would be amusing to hear.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Also saw a couple of daft wee Pars fans get lifted opposite the bus stop. They must have been 15 at most and were exchanged awful patter with some old Falkirk fans who should have known better.

I imagine the daft wee laddies got taken to the police station then told to f**k off, hopefully after a significant scare, although I imagine the embellishment at school Monday morning would be amusing to hear.

Hahaha I also saw that thought it was a bit heavy handed, the boy was clearly playing up for the polis if they had stood at the bus stop to stop it escalating they could have saved themselves any bother rolling about the ground.

Anyway sinking pints of McGlynns tears.

Typical bias that we had a clear penalty denied after the Falkirk defender cleared it with a volleyball move.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I’ve said before that Airdrie have played better than anyone else against us. But I’ve also pointed out numerous times that the league table doesn’t lie, Falkirk have been the second best team in the league to this point and there’s no question about it. At one point, the only difference between us and yourselves was the results between the two teams. So I agree it would be foolish to argue that Airdrie are better than Falkirk.

I probably have said some stupid things. We all do. But, in all seriousness, I remember posting something similar to the above, saying that Falkirk had been very poor against us, but must be very good every other week. You had a very long unbeaten run in between the last game at TFS and the game at EEP last month. You’re not where you are based on luck.

First half hour today, Falkirk were excellent. I’m genuinely not trying to detract from that. Thoroughly deserved the 2 goal lead. Overall, it was undoubtedly your best 90 mins against us. A bit of luck and you probably could have won it. But, other than the Todd chance right on HT, we were never going to win that. That first half hour today, Falkirk were better than the Airdrie team that went 3-0 up against us before imploding. I was certainly worried we were in for a hammering until Wighton’s goal.

Second half, we seemed to deal with most things well, but kept panicking and giving you the ball straight back. We had to make a few last ditch challenges and rode our luck at times. But we held on and the defence protected the keeper. One more slip/misjudged challenge and we could have been here talking about a Falkirk win. But I’ve seen us grind out results most of the season, so I guess that’s maybe part of the reason I wasn’t too worried. Although I must admit, I was a bit nervous whenever the ball went near Otoo!

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’ve said before that Airdrie have played better than anyone else against us. But I’ve also pointed out numerous times that the league table doesn’t lie, Falkirk have been the second best team in the league to this point and there’s no question about it. At one point, the only difference between us and yourselves was the results between the two teams. So I agree it would be foolish to argue that Airdrie are better than Falkirk.

I probably have said some stupid things. We all do. But, in all seriousness, I remember posting something similar to the above, saying that Falkirk had been very poor against us, but must be very good every other week. You had a very long unbeaten run in between the last game at TFS and the game at EEP last month. You’re not where you are based on luck.

First half hour today, Falkirk were excellent. I’m genuinely not trying to detract from that. Thoroughly deserved the 2 goal lead. Overall, it was undoubtedly your best 90 mins against us. A bit of luck and you probably could have won it. But, other than the Todd chance right on HT, we were never going to win that. That first half hour today, Falkirk were better than the Airdrie team that went 3-0 up against us before imploding. I was certainly worried we were in for a hammering until Wighton’s goal.

Second half, we seemed to deal with most things well, but kept panicking and giving you the ball straight back. We had to make a few last ditch challenges and rode our luck at times. But we held on and the defence protected the keeper. One more slip/misjudged challenge and we could have been here talking about a Falkirk win. But I’ve seen us grind out results most of the season, so I guess that’s maybe part of the reason I wasn’t too worried. Although I must admit, I was a bit nervous whenever the ball went near Otoo!

This c**t wrote the bible, eh?

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hahaha I also saw that thought it was a bit heavy handed, the boy was clearly playing up for the polis if they had stood at the bus stop to stop it escalating they could have saved themselves any bother rolling about the ground.

Anyway sinking pints of McGlynns tears.

Typical bias that we had a clear penalty denied after the Falkirk defender cleared it with a volleyball move.

Haha aye, if they'd piped doon the polis would have let them go. 

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Btw no chance Matty Todd was offside for his blistering run that would have seen us go 2-3 linesman conned us for sure.

Nah, was clearly offside sadly.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Sounds like McGlynn has claimed they battered us and deserved the 3 points.

Another sob story.....4  games and that rape apologist has still not managed a win against us.

Horrible piece of sh1t can rot in League 1 for yet another season.