Jambos v Buddies 8th April

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

IMG_1257.jpeg.676dbe9b119a8f4f3e10da9ac45d27a0.jpeg

I've seen this pic sooo many times.

This is exactly the sort of thing P&B was designed for, celebrating your team's victory by logging on here, gloating and rubbing salt into the wounds of your despondent opponents. Glorious.

1 minute ago, G_&_T said:

This is exactly the sort of thing P&B was designed for, celebrating your team's victory by logging on here, gloating and rubbing salt into the wounds of your despondent opponents. Glorious.

Its a timeless photograph. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I remember going back to when Jack Ross left and Robbie Neilson was heavily linked with the vacant St. Mirren role after leaving MK Dons and wouldn't even consider us for an interview.

I was actually talking about this to a fellow St Mirren fan in work during the week. I know that Neilson had at least one meeting with the St Mirren board at the time, and wether it was down to money or Neilsons ego he knocked back the offer, ultimately taking the Dundee United job a few months down the line. His decisions gave us the infamous ‘penalty shootout fist pump’ when the teams met in the Premiership play off, only for Dundee United to go ahead and miss every penalty they took and consign them to another year in the Championship. 

It’s quite worrying how much Hearts have imploded over these last few weeks or so, I genuinely thought they had 3rd place sewn up but now it looks like they have a battle on their hands to even get a European place, especially taking into account recent form. I know 3rd place gets into the Europa play off, and 4th into the Conference play off, but is there any scenario that sees 5th place get into Europe I.e. if the Scottish Cup winners have already qualified through league position does 5th place take the Cup winners slot?

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

It’s a picture I have mixed feelings around because it would have been a non-OF team winning the league, but on the other hand there is a sizeable amount of Hearts fans that blame St Mirren for their failure even though they got cuffed by Dundee on the same day which allowed Celtic to win the league, it was completely in their hands. 

10 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s quite worrying how much Hearts have imploded over these last few weeks or so...

Far from being worried, I'm delighted. It's allowed us to plod on during the same period to come within a point of them.

IF we make the top 6 we'll have both Aberdeen and Hearts at home and no reason why we can't beat both.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Far from being worried, I'm delighted. It's allowed us to plod on during the same period to come within a point of them.

IF we make the top 6 we'll have both Aberdeen and Hearts at home and no reason why we can't beat both.

Well worry was probably the wrong word for us, I agree it’s an excellent set of circumstances for St Mirren, but Hearts fans must be wondering how the f**k they have thrown away 3rd position, especially to a team like Aberdeen who have been a complete shambles at times this season, albeit they seem to have got their act together under Robson. 

Aberdeen and Hearts at home in the top 6 will be some of the most important games we have played in the league for years, I can see there being big crowds and an excellent atmosphere at those games. What a feeling it will be to go and watch a St Mirren team fighting for European places instead of battling to avoid relegation, as has been common for the majority of time we’ve spent in the Premiership since 2000. 

I’ve never understood why Hearts fans vent so much hatred towards Frank McGarvey for apparently not trying against Celtic in 1986

especially as Craig Levein lay in his bed that day and Kenny Black sat on the bench

If I were a Jambo I know where I’d be asking about commitment

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We're likely to get a third away game against either Dons or Hearts as we should have only two home games post split.

I'd rather we had Hearts away as its closer and today was a cracking day out.

18 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s a picture I have mixed feelings around because it would have been a non-OF team winning the league, but on the other hand there is a sizeable amount of Hearts fans that blame St Mirren for their failure even though they got cuffed by Dundee on the same day which allowed Celtic to win the league, it was completely in their hands. 

Losers in life support the Old Firm. A brief hour in Paisley town centre late this afternoon confirmed that for me

absolute scum 

Just now, Captain_Sensible said:

Losers in life support the Old Firm. A brief hour in Paisley town centre late this afternoon confirmed that for me

absolute scum 

I was in the shop beside the Millarston petrol station about 15 minutes before kick off today. A drunk guy was standing picking beers out the fridge wearing the old yellow Celtic top with CR Smith on the front, and a guy walked in behind me wearing a Rangers top. The drunk Celtic fan greeted the Rangers fan like a long lost friend, laughing and joking away with him saying stuff like ‘aw the best today mate hope yous get fucked though haha’, before shaking hands and looking around the shop as if they had just brokered a peace deal between the Provisional IRA and the UVF. It was genuinely sad to watch. 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

I was in the shop beside the Millarston petrol station about 15 minutes before kick off today. A drunk guy was standing picking beers out the fridge wearing the old yellow Celtic top with CR Smith on the front, and a guy walked in behind me wearing a Rangers top. The drunk Celtic fan greeted the Rangers fan like a long lost friend, laughing and joking away with him saying stuff like ‘aw the best today mate hope yous get fucked though haha’, before shaking hands and looking around the shop as if they had just brokered a peace deal between the Provisional IRA and the UVF. It was genuinely sad to watch. 

Sad to watch that this took place in Paisley, for sure.

At least they weren't attacking each other atop white chargers. Post-match there's no doubt that wee Cooper the dug has already had a kicking.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sad to watch that this took place in Paisley, for sure.

At least they weren't attacking each other atop white chargers. Post-match there's no doubt that wee Cooper the dug has already had a kicking.

Wearing a Rangers or Celtic top to go to a shop 15 minutes before kick off is bad enough tbh. The encounter between the two fans made me realise that there really is very little that separates the clubs. OF fans think I’m joking when I say that I see Rangers and Celtic as the same club. They are literally commercial partners, who up until a few years ago would negotiate sponsorship deals as a package, and recently teamed up in order to convince the Lowland League that Rangers and Celtic ‘B’ teams would be good for them. Quite hysterically, they also have joint ownership of the ‘Old Firm’ trademark :lol: The fans would have you believe the rivalry is something comparable to Boca - River Plate or Lazio - Roma, when in reality it’s 2 clubs bleeding their fans dry by exploiting historical links to religion, politics and 17th century battles fought in foreign countries. 

To fans like me it doesn’t matter one iota wether it’s the blue side or the green side that win the league or the cup, but OF fans put so much value on these successes over the other side that they genuinely cannot see how meaningless they actually are in the grand scheme of things. I fear there is going to be a lot of OF fans lying on their death bed in a few years, talking about reaching the Europa League final or winning a quadruple treble as if it was one of their life achievements.