Jambos v Buddies 8th April

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Only if the Tennent's Sixes count.

Every club has its near things. We could quite easily have won 2/3 Scottish Cups in the last four years. We were winning one final in the second half, leading another in a fucking shoot-out, and had a corner at 0-0 in the 90th minute of the last one. Yet we won f**k all. That's the way it goes.

You lads seem to want a big pat on the back, so WELL DONE.

Anyway, you lads enjoy your week.

I’ll see your Tennents Sixes and raise you an Anglo Scottish Cup…. 😎

I remember the late 70s when Hearts were a yo-yo club with two relegations from the top league in three seasons. 

In my lifetime Hearts have been relegated just as often as St Mirren from the top flight (4). 

Given your 3rd force battle with those other city all-stars Aberdeen, I don’t remember them being relegated once during my lifetime or going into administration trying to buy their way to success. 

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In my lifetime, it’s Hearts 3 St Mirren 2 in major trophy wins. That’s since 1961, and for a club with decades of more financial clout than St Mirren, in a bigger stadium with a much bigger fanbase, no doubt bigger commercial income and therefore stronger, deeper squads than St Mirren, 3-2 is a statistic I am not just happy with, I am quite frankly a bit astounded by. Could have been a creditable 3-3 draw, had we not shat the bed against the nine men of Deadco. Since 1961. 3-2? Fcuk me, we’re either really good, or you’re a bit shit. 😀

I thought, that can't be right. And it's not - Hearts - League Cup 1962/63, Scottish Cup 1997/98, 2005/06 and 2011/12. So that's 4, sorry pozbaird.

But St Mirren have also won the Anglo Scottish Cup, so that's 3.

To put things in context, in the same time frame (since 1961) Hibs have also won 4 major honours, and Aberdeen 16.

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

What's wrong with leaving early? I barely ever watch 90 minutes of fitba. I'm not ten years old.

Seriously? I think you'll find a helluva lot of fans still in grounds at the final whistle, the vast majority of whom are over 10 years old.

42 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

What's wrong with leaving early? I barely ever watch 90 minutes of fitba. I'm not ten years old.

Do you also walk out the cinema before a film ends?

Do you also rip out the last pages of a book you are reading?

Some of the greatest (and worst) experiences in football happen at 90minutes and beyond.

Are you part of the Hearts “subway” loyal?

Can’t afford the bus fare to Ibrox? 😂 

IMG_1302.thumb.jpeg.19bb22c357b7b38ae64c43d41cfd8f9e.jpegIMG_1301.thumb.jpeg.2a8db27ca72fcba6f2d9568fa4a5bada.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Some of the greatest (and worst) experiences in football happen at 90minutes and beyond.

IMG_1302.thumb.jpeg.19bb22c357b7b38ae64c43d41cfd8f9e.jpegIMG_1301.thumb.jpeg.2a8db27ca72fcba6f2d9568fa4a5bada.jpeg

Christ 😀

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I think you’ll find it’s the Lothian buses loyal. 

Cup wins are amazing but in terms of consistency of performance, then league placement is a far better indicator . I generally look at Hearts, Aberdeen and maybe Hibs as being in their own mini league beneath the cheeks.

That is why a win away to them is a great result for the rest of the league.

FCB03D48-92B7-4D79-9120-D88049BD6488.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Cup wins are amazing but in terms of consistency of performance, then league placement is a far better indicator . I generally look at Hearts, Aberdeen and maybe Hibs as being in their own mini league beneath the cheeks.

That is why a win away to them is a great result for the rest of the league.

FCB03D48-92B7-4D79-9120-D88049BD6488.jpeg

I think all clubs who have been in administration or liquidated should have massive points deduction that table.

That would place St Mirren above Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee.

Just now, Molotov said:

I think all clubs who have been in administration or liquidated should have massive points deduction that table.

That would place St Mirren above Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee.

I did smile when I saw a caveat next to 13th but not 2nd.