Stirling Albion V The East Fife choo choo.

3 minutes ago, Exiled Fifer said:

A very enjoyable game to watch. I thought that a draw was probably a fair result but I also thought that EF looked the better team and played at times really neat football. Take  Carrick out of that SA team and they look at times very average. Let’s put that down to the number of games they have had to play/prepare for during the last month.

As for the man in the middle, dear o dear o dear. I thought the guy last week against Annan was very inconsistent and poor but there is no polite word to describe Mr Hardie’s display today.  The standard of refereeing in League 2 seems to be getting worse by the week, I sometimes think that refs get paid extra for the number of yellow cards they dish out. Trouten’s 2nd yellow today was farcical and very harsh to say the least and these refs should remember that the same rules should be applied to both teams. Politely and mildly put.

I spoke to some Stirling fans on the way back to the station, they thought the ref was pish as well. The fact that trouten got a second yellow and then their player didn't get carded 2 minutes later, also the one where two players went straight through ef players in about 15 seconds were both mentioned.

13 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

I spoke to some Stirling fans on the way back to the station, they thought the ref was pish as well. The fact that trouten got a second yellow and then their player didn't get carded 2 minutes later, also the one where two players went straight through ef players in about 15 seconds were both mentioned.

Neither of troutens yellows were yellows 

Didn't think either were intentional 

The wee winger who pretended to have cramp was a cheat though 

Worried about the missing hundreds of Stirling fans yesterday. Are the SNP in charge of the numbers? Are they down the back of the sofa? Maybe fled abroad with Lord Lucan? Then when I saw the canoes parked at the corner of the ground, my guess is an excursion with John Darwin!

34 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Worried about the missing hundreds of Stirling fans yesterday. Are the SNP in charge of the numbers? Are they down the back of the sofa? Maybe fled abroad with Lord Lucan? Then when I saw the canoes parked at the corner of the ground, my guess is an excursion with John Darwin!

They just wanted to be spared hearing a busload of Fifers moaning they could get a pie cheaper on Methil high street.

18 hours ago, Exiled Fifer said:

Take  Carrick out of that SA team and they look at times very average. Let’s put that down to the number of games they have had to play/prepare for during the last month.

Catching up with us a bit at the moment, last couple of performances have been laborious at best. I'm hoping the excitement of the occasion will keep us going on Tuesday night. 

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

Thought 937 was pretty good considering there was an Old Firm on 🤷‍♂️

Acht, they didnae really clash though did they? I thought the Forthbank game was better entertainment. Both Celtic and Stirling Albion looked slightly nervous trying to hang on to their advantage. 

I think we can safely say both sides made sure of their league titles yesterday. 

4 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Thought 937 was pretty good considering there was an Old Firm on 🤷‍♂️

It is good. If only about a third of them weren't guaranteed to melt away like ice in the sun if we lost two games in a row.