Stirling Albion V The East Fife choo choo.

If we play like the other night then it won't go well.

Not sure we've had a comfortable game in weeks.

sounds like the defence is all a bit banged up and its not like we are awash with fresh options.

Its been impressive how they've kept this run going despite all the midweek games.

let's hope we can do it again.

Mon the binos

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Succinctly put WC.

The 5 games in 2 weeks is tricky for us, so pleased to have won the first 2. Blood and snotters needed to get us over the finishing line. This group of players seems to have a shitload of both.

Tuesday was a struggle, but we got a bit of a second wind after the Stranraer game (where I feared we were running out of steam). Cooper and Dunsmore coming into the team helped freshen things up. Do we know if Cooper's injury is a bad one? Will he be back for Saturday?

Potentially quite a pivotal match. In essence we need to match Dumbartons results over the next 3 games and a win tomorrow would help obviously.

I was impressed with East Fife and I think they're on a good run so I expect tomorrow will be an extremely tough test. Healy versus Clark could be interesting and I wonder if DY might play 5 across the middle like he did in the Bonnyrigg game 

Agree too re the east stand.  A sensible move as things have been getting a bit tight in the main stand recently. 

I thought our midfield was honking today.  The defence looked shaky and thank God for Dale Carrick,, or that could have gone horribly wrong. The second booking for the sending off looked harsh to me.  It's one point closer, but it wasn't impressive.

As expected this was a tough old game.  I was pretty impressed with the energy east fife showed. They also moved the ball well through midfield but lacked a bit of a cutting edge.

We're stuttering towards the finish line and while we're not playing anywhere near the standard we were pre Christmas there's no doubting our self belief and determination.  

Thought Carrick was excellent today. Midfield is misfiring badly right now with leitch and Davidson looking like world beaters for 5 minutes before disappearing for the next 15.  But it's another point gained on Dumbarton - the only team who can catch us - so happy with that.

Referee seemed on a mission to destroy the game as a spectacle with a flurry of yellow cards all for handball ending up with Trouten getting a second yellow and the early bath.  As sometimes happens, east fife improved after that and could easily have snatched the winner. As could we tbh.

On to Dumbarton on Tuesday night....

It was better than Tuesday but not by a huge amount.

The inside out wingers early didn't work at all and I was relieved to see them switch sides.

East Fife were probably the vest footballing side I've seen come to forthbank this season and thought they played pretty well in patches.

We look a tired team and I'm impressed with their resilience in continuing to pick up points.

Given the Dumbarton result, its a good result for us. Another point closer.

Couple of great finishes, especially the second.

Looking forward to Tuesday now 

A point was probably a fair result in what I thought was a pretty entertaining game. Agreed that Stirling looked very dangerous in spells but East Fife probably shaded the majority of the game. Carrick's predatory ability was a big difference between the sides. All in all, a point both sides will probably be happy enough with.

On 07/04/2023 at 13:10, TheVoiceofReason said:

Might be busy so important info from the Stirling website here

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/stirling-albion-v-east-fife-matchday-arrangements/ 

Was worried that with this huge crowd & our desire to go to the cricket ground pre match, I might not get in. Fears further compounded by the delayed kick off.

Glad that extra stand with 4 fans in it was necessary!

Twice ive seen stirling. The first time without carrick & they looked ordinary.

Today, he seemed the difference. Im judging this on just 2 games though & they're top of the table and odds in for the title for a reason.

First half striling the better side, second was more even. Cant fault fife for effort today & draw a fair result.

Not been to forthbank for about 20 years. Nice set up, all the best in your seemingly enevitable promotion!

A very enjoyable game to watch. I thought that a draw was probably a fair result but I also thought that EF looked the better team and played at times really neat football. Take  Carrick out of that SA team and they look at times very average. Let’s put that down to the number of games they have had to play/prepare for during the last month.

As for the man in the middle, dear o dear o dear. I thought the guy last week against Annan was very inconsistent and poor but there is no polite word to describe Mr Hardie’s display today.  The standard of refereeing in League 2 seems to be getting worse by the week, I sometimes think that refs get paid extra for the number of yellow cards they dish out. Trouten’s 2nd yellow today was farcical and very harsh to say the least and these refs should remember that the same rules should be applied to both teams. Politely and mildly put.

For a team that's continually being told they are not playing well, fifteen unbeaten is brilliant. I've only managed half a dozen games this season with living abroad but this is a really easy team to warm to - they fight like f**k, are never beaten and scrap their hearts out with a front two that are always likely to get you goals. 

It's been a long time since it's been so enjoyable to be a Bino, hope everyone is enjoying this at the moment.