Pars promotion tour- next stop Peterhead.

Massive game for the us as we look to confirm the title at the first chance. I’m expecting a larger than normal away support which includes myself for my first trip to balmoor.

I’d think we’ll put out a similar 11 as against Falkirk but more in a 3-4-2-1 than the 4-5-1 we had.   

Outside of the football, any recommendations for a pre-match meal,  and also if all goes well where’s the pub being used for the party?

Edited by parsforlife

Would have considered going up as it's the Easter hols but booked a last minute holiday so missed Falkirk (not that I had a ticket), will miss this and depending on flights might miss the Queens game. Can definitely see a few more heading up if they have the week off though. Peterhead had a good result on the back of a decent performance but we've been pretty poor for a few weeks now so this won't be the away banker the bookies will have it priced as. Still got to fancy us, especially if news filters through that Montrose are doing anything v Falkirk. 

I'm heading up but as above this won't be an easy game at all. I can see us and falkirk both drawing. I had said at start of the seaosn I'll be at every game bar Peterhead away, missed the first one but now we have our first chance to be crowned champions I can't not go. I think a few others will be the same but it does all depend on work commitments etc. Hoping for a better performance and a positive result. Hopefully we arrive back in the city as champions 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Massive game for the us as we look to confirm the title at the first chance. I’m expecting a larger than normal away support which includes myself for my first trip to balmoor.

I’d think we’ll put out a similar 11 as against Falkirk but more in a 3-4-2-1 than the 4-5-1 we had.   

Outside of the football, any recommendations for a pre-match meal,  and also if all goes well where’s the pub being used for the party?

I stay in Ellon which is around 16 miles from Peterhead a number of hotels doing decent meals & a number of different types of takeaway 30mins to Balmoor, sometimes if a big crowd need to find street parking. There is a bar at the ground which will be open.

Tempted to drive up but know it’s unlikely I will. I also don’t think we’ll be Champions on Tuesday night, even with a win I think Falkirk will get a result too. Be nice to win it at home in front of a good sized crowd next weekend. Saying that, if we do it on Tuesday I’ll be delighted, even if I’m not there.

1 hour ago, Parsman85 said:

Said at the start of the season ill be at every game bar Peterhead away, missed the first one but now we have our first chance to be crowned champions I can't not go. 

I’m exactly the same, haven’t quite managed it due to other circumstances  but even outside that, it’s a trip I can’t normally be fucked making ,  can I make any real logical sense why I’ve taken time off work to see a game which truthfully even if we lose won’t mean a whole lot of things in terms of the season as a whole? Absolutely not,  but I’ll be there.

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’m exactly the same, haven’t quite managed it due to other circumstances  but even outside that, it’s a trip I can’t normally be fucked making ,  can I make any real logical sense why I’ve taken time off work to see a game which truthfully even if we lose won’t mean a whole lot of things in terms of the season as a whole? Absolutely not,  but I’ll be there.

I go to near enough every pars game but as you said Peterhead away no thanks. As much as I love the pars I was willing to f**k them off for 2 Saturdays of the season to avoid that trip. But here we are I'm now 

100% no questions asked going on a Tuesday night. If the title is won I'll congratulate myself on my excellent decision making. 

Anyway see you in Mambos for the title party. 

Edited by Parsman85

Going up to this taken a day off work for it, I missed out last league title as there was no way Peterhead were going to beat Cowdenbeath. So I'm not making the mistake of results elsewhere being a guarantee. I suspect Falkirk will beat Montrose but you never know.

Not going to this, but hopefully we seal the title. Just want it sorted as soon as possible, so that the focus can shift to budgets, contract renewals and recruitment for next season. The end’s in sight now.

To be fair, I can’t see Falkirk winning 4 of their last 5 games, so I think it’s done and dusted anyway. But obviously want it to be ‘official’.

Anywhere else in the division apart from maybe Dumfries and I think we’d take a really healthy support for this, being a Tuesday night and the distance will have impact with folk finishing work etc. It’s not like you’re driving 150 miles for a cracking view, it’s that pitch level standing area, can’t see bugger all unless it’s within the 18 yard box. Still, I’m sure there’ll be the same amount we’d take for a run of the mill Saturday league game.

I reckon we’ll win, as will Falkirk then we’ll get it over the line on Saturday, hopefully a big crowd I back the boys. And if we do manage it tomorrow, I’m sure there’ll be a big crowd to welcome the champions.

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Depending on your arrival time......

Theres Harbour Springs which is first left at the roundabout . Macdonald s is off the same road. KFC is on the right of that roundabout.

In town theres the Palace Hotel. Waverley Hotel. Wetherspoons. Lots of carry out joints. 

2 hours ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

You don't have to stand at pitch level. There are two stands if you can afford the extra £2. 

It costs an extra £2 to sit in the far side stand? Really? How's that policed? I just walked in and sat down in it when we were there, nobody batted an eyelid. I had no idea there was an extra charge for it. 

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It costs an extra £2 to sit in the far side stand? Really? How's that policed? I just walked in and sat down in it when we were there, nobody batted an eyelid. I had no idea there was an extra charge for it. 

Think that is finished now, buy a ticket outside the ground and get a seat if available. Used to have somebody at the end of the stand trying to collect the £2 but have not noticed that for a while although my seat is in the main stand