Livingston vs St Johnstone - Saturday 15 April 2023

If St Johnstone are genuinely as bad as you guys are suggesting, then I would hope we would be good enough for a win here. We’ve been very good in plenty enough games this season to say that we can win it. 

Having said that, our recent run has been so poor. SO poor. It’s seen us look devoid of confidence, devoid of ideas, it’s seen our manager look and sound increasingly frustrated and bemoan things as being his fault, yet when the time comes to make changes he doesn’t do so. Guthrie in for Anderson being a case in point. I’ve said it before on other posts, Martindale knows far more about the game and his players than I ever will, but that decision in particular will never make sense to me. 

Anyway - 2-1 Livi, more in hope than expectation. 

Edited by mozam76
Shite spelling

8 hours ago, mozam76 said:

If St Johnstone are genuinely as bad as you guys are suggesting, then I would hope we would be good enough for a win here. We’ve been very good in plenty enough games this season to say that we can win it. 

Having said that, our recent run has been so poor. SO poor. It’s seen us look devoid of confidence, devoid of ideas, it’s seen our manager look and sound increasingly frustrated and bemoan things as being his fault, yet when the time comes to make changes he doesn’t do so. Guthrie in for Anderson being a case in point. I’ve said it before on other posts, Martindale knows far more about the game and his players than I ever will, but that decision in particular will never make sense to me. 

Anyway - 2-1 Livi, more in hope than expectation. 

A manager who says things are their own fault would be fucking marvellous in Perth!!!!

If he’s true to his word of giving fringe players a go then go with this. 

Bair can be replaced by Rudden, Spoony by Murphy if needed but we simply can’t play 3 at the back today. 

If we do, then just leave him in Livingston.

IMG_4322.jpeg

At some point we just need to accept it isn't going to happen with Bair. I know they are virtually all off the bench but he's now made 36 appearances for Saints and has he ever actually shown a single thing?

Zak Rudden at least is a footballer. Not a very good one, most likely, but a footballer at least.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

At some point we just need to accept it isn't going to happen with Bair. I know they are virtually all off the bench but he's now made 36 appearances for Saints and has he ever actually shown a single thing?

Zak Rudden at least is a footballer. Not a very good one, most likely, but a footballer at least.

I know and I feel the same, just after the last 2 attempts with May/Rudden I felt having Bair in there instead might’ve been worth it. 

Shame, I really wanted it to work with him.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I know and I feel the same, just after the last 2 attempts with May/Rudden I felt having Bair in there instead might’ve been worth it. 

Shame, I really wanted it to work with him.

Don't get me wrong, with 15 minutes left today and us trailing I'll be shouting to get him on. Because we are football fans, and we never learn

It says everything about Bairs, and for me Ruddens, performances that the £100k bid for Jordan White is starting to look like it wouldve been great business.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It says everything about Bairs, and for me Ruddens, performances that the £100k bid for Jordan White is starting to look like it wouldve been great business.

Except that Cal would be playing him at WB.

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bairs i def coming on and scoring the winner for you then.

Cute.

he’ll start and be hooked at half time when we’re 3-0 down.

At the start of the week I was convinced that there’s no way that he can/will go with the back five, but as the weeks progressed and he’s kept talking, I’m not so sure anymore. Would be extremely arrogant and totally moronic. So he will. 

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

At the start of the week I was convinced that there’s no way that he can/will go with the back five, but as the weeks progressed and he’s kept talking, I’m not so sure anymore. Would be extremely arrogant and totally moronic. So he will. 

I’m told it’s a 4–3-3. 

McLennan May Murphy front 3

11 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

I’m told it’s a 4–3-3. 

McLennan May Murphy front 3

Drey Wright at RB then?

13 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Looks like a good attacking lineup, happy with that. 

Looks like a more positive St Johnstone lineup too:

What shape do you reckon Martindale has gone with? I’d have assumed a 442 but you’ll know better than me