Livingston vs St Johnstone - Saturday 15 April 2023

So onto a game with arguably the 2 most out of form teams in the league, both sets of fans expecting to lose, but only one set calling for their manager to quite frankly f**k off.

I've no doubt that Livi will set up, be solid at the back and dominate the midfield, whilst also carrying more of a goal threat. They wont even need to play well, we'll simply roll over meekly and get our bellies tickled.

Gordon injured on Saturday and no Considine would mean a back four to 99.9% of people in the footballing community, but I've got no doubt our moronic manager will find a way to do something different.

I can see another 2/3-0 win for Livi on the cards quite comfortably as our slide to the bottom gathers pace!

48 minutes ago, Widge said:

So onto a game with arguably the 2 most out of form teams in the league, both sets of fans expecting to lose, but only one set calling for their manager to quite frankly f**k off.

I've no doubt that Livi will set up, be solid at the back and dominate the midfield, whilst also carrying more of a goal threat. They wont even need to play well, we'll simply roll over meekly and get our bellies tickled.

Gordon injured on Saturday and no Considine would mean a back four to 99.9% of people in the footballing community, but I've got no doubt our moronic manager will find a way to do something different.

I can see another 2/3-0 win for Livi on the cards quite comfortably as our slide to the bottom gathers pace!

3-0 down at HT in our last 2 away games against St Mirren and Motherwelll suggests you're overestimating our defence. And attack for that matter.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, Widge said:

I wouldn't be so sure...there are some rockets in the Livi support calling for Martindale's head as he's committed the ultimate sin of....*checks notes* overachieving on expectations

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I wouldn't be so sure...there are some rockets in the Livi support calling for Martindale's head as he's committed the ultimate sin of....*checks notes* overachieving on expectations

They sound about as mental as the two Saints fans claiming this has been one of their favourite seasons ever due to the quality of football on show from Saints. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Excited to see how well St Johnstone can hold onto a 3 goal lead; hopefully we get a decent second half this time.

I'm actually starting to look forward to this, if Hibs fail to win in the early kick off then a win would put us ahead of them and 6th going into the last game*. Hopefully the ~4,000 community tickets are all used and we can get a good performance in with a lot of folk there; poor sods have had to watch us lose to Ross County and draw with Dundee United, so they're not exactly a good luck charm. I'm sure Martindale will move back away from his recent changes, unless he thinks Stevie May is worth reshuffling the team for then we should be going back to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, something that gives us more chance of moving the ball forward properly rather than aimlessly hoofing it to Guthrie/Nouble and hoping the other can get onto a knockdown.

We need Anderson on from the start for this one, preferably Nouble is on the wing but if he's in a front 2 with Anderson I can deal with that.

*Hibs win on the other hand pretty much sucks the excitement out before we even kick off.

2 “must-win” games in a row we’ve been down 3-0 at HT against teams who’ve then sat back and taken their foot off the gas, and we still haven’t managed to score. Passive at the back and passive in attack, it’s a lethal combination we’re utilising at the moment.

40 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

2 “must-win” games in a row we’ve been down 3-0 at HT against teams who’ve then sat back and taken their foot off the gas, and we still haven’t managed to score. Passive at the back and passive in attack, it’s a lethal combination we’re utilising at the moment.

Not so sure passive at the back best describes us, it's the high line getting mugged with quick balls in behind us beating the offside trap, then we're starting from a standing start chasing after the opposition player that just ran through on goal. There's always one of our players playing an opposition striker onside., Penrice did it against Motherwell on Saturday, only watching the guy that was in front of him, and not noticing the player he was in front of running through onto the ball. ICT did it for all 3 of their goals, Hibs did it with Youan beating Devlin playing him onside, it's the same every game just now, we're shite at it and keep getting caught out. Devlin also gave the ball away for Motherwell's first goal, as they just burst forward and beat us in a foot race getting in behind our high back line. 

We might not get caught out as often if we'd play down the wings and look more threatening in attack right enough, at least we would have a better chance of scoring some goals ourselves.

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Aye he's showing no ambition only finishing 9th, 5th, 6th, and 7th, we should be playing for Europe and finishing top 3 every season.

Image result for chasing rainbows

Our line up could literally be anything, formation wise and personnel. Managers clearly all out of ideas (idea...) and we've now effectively got players in the media criticising him. 

Hes either going to just throw some dramatically different shit at the wall in a blind panic to see if it works, or he'll bunker down even further into his back 5 obsession and we'll see the same line up as Saturday.

29 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye he's showing no ambition only finishing 9th, 5th, 6th, and 7th, we should be playing for Europe and finishing top 3 every season.

Image result for chasing rainbows

The 9th and 5th were Gary Holt. Which doesn't detract from your point on Martindale, just important to properly credit Gary Holt's contribution.

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Or demanding a fight with him, as one guy at the recent St Mirren match was.

4 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

The 9th and 5th were Gary Holt. Which doesn't detract from your point on Martindale, just important to properly credit Gary Holt's contribution.

Yeah it's difficult to know how much Hoppy and Holt put into the team, Martindale has been the one constant through all our recent success, and afaik did all the recruitment, which has been a massive part of us doing so well, but yeah they were the managers in the earlier seasons winning promotion and first couple of seasons up.