Dundee v Morton 15-8-23

Shite didn't notice this thread, I will delete my topic and insert my prologue....

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Dundee now clear top going into this one. All in our own hands now.

Let's hand this seasons bogey team a doing and put a dent in their play off hopes.

Join us for what should be a tasty encounter at Dens.

f**k Imrie.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I realise there's another thread - but we need to continue the winning streak. Therefore, I nominate that we push this one to the top and ignore the other thread.

Nothing to fear from this rabble Ludo.

Let's dangle the carrot...

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Shite didn't notice this thread, I will delete my topic and insert my prologue....

Nothing to fear from this rabble Ludo.

Let's dangle the carrot...

If we fail to win, I'm blaming you.

Play like we did second half and we can absolutely get something here. Dundee haven't played well against us this season.

Was 2 going on 5 or 6 tonight, chance after chance, corner after corner( 15 in total). It felt very similar to the Arbroath away game. Not surprised Dundee put 7 past them.

Not won at Dens since Dec 2011, albeit only 7 games since then. If we can manage to get a win here, we are right back in the hunt, especially with Thistle playing Ayr. Inverness look to have a banker 3 points against Cove right enough.

Think it will prob be another draw ( 5 of the last 7 have  been draws) which doesn't really help either side.

Superstition is shite.

Would be nice to actually score against Morten, never mind beat them. On our own patch now though and we're scoring for fun just now with a different set-up, so it's about as good a time as any to get this particular bogey fixture put to bed. I of course have no confidence of this actually coming to fruition since they're just barely still in the play-off hunt enough to keep motivated, and the fact that this will be my last game at Dens this season (I really hope, otherwise it'll be for a play-off game). Still, the team's playing well and should be beating this mob as long as we play to our best.

Raining non-stop until Saturday per the current forecast, so might need some amount of sand on the pitch for this one, enough to earn a particular nickname even. Hopefully the Brians should still have it sorted, the pitch has surprisingly survived similar weather these last few months.

McGrattan starts in place of Ali Crawford: 2-0 Morton

Ali Crawford keeps his place in the team with McGrattan on the bench: 4-0 Dundee

McGrattan starts in place of someone else and Ali Crawford also plays: another 0-0

No reason why we can't go to Dundee and take all 3 points. Most morton fans demanding mcgrattan starts after his performance last night but with Oakley coming back in to the squad and hopefully Quitongo back he'll have a few tough calls to make. Do we know how far away Blues is from returning? 

Ideal line up for me-

Schwake

Pignatiello O'connor Baird Waters

Gillespie Grimshaw 

Miller           R. Crawford        McGrattan 

Muirhead/ Oakley 

Can see Dougie starting with the same team as last night and making changes as the game goes on.

11 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Going to Dens for the first time.

Have decided against taking my son with me.  He hears enough of the Rangers songbook as it is whilst watching Sky Sports.

Form an orderly queue now Morten fans....

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

No reason why we can't go to Dundee and take all 3 points. Most morton fans demanding mcgrattan starts after his performance last night but with Oakley coming back in to the squad and hopefully Quitongo back he'll have a few tough calls to make. Do we know how far away Blues is from returning? 

Ideal line up for me-

Schwake

Pignatiello O'connor Baird Waters

Gillespie Grimshaw 

Miller           R. Crawford        McGrattan 

Muirhead/ Oakley 

Can see Dougie starting with the same team as last night and making changes as the game goes on.

You've got to think Blues will come back in if he's fit. Either way I suspect Imrie will find a way of relieving Pignatiello of the right back position after his first half performance last night - he hasn't been very forgiving of Carlo's poorer performances this season. 

He'll be keen to play Oakley and he won't drop Muirhead. I tend to think Ali Crawford will drop out for Muirhead coming deeper again. As much as he likes Crawford, he rightly hooked him last night and I think that might have been his patience running out there. 

3 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

You've got to think Blues will come back in if he's fit. Either way I suspect Imrie will find a way of relieving Pignatiello of the right back position after his first half performance last night - he hasn't been very forgiving of Carlo's poorer performances this season. 

He'll be keen to play Oakley and he won't drop Muirhead. I tend to think Ali Crawford will drop out for Muirhead coming deeper again. As much as he likes Crawford, he rightly hooked him last night and I think that might have been his patience running out there. 

I’d bring all three of Blues, Quitongo, and Oakley back in if fit, with Pignatiello, A. Crawford, and Miller dropping out.

Quitongo, in particular, is crucial as an out ball in a game where we can expect to be sitting a bit deeper and looking to break.

6 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Going to Dens for the first time.

Have decided against taking my son with me.  He hears enough of the Rangers songbook as it is whilst watching Sky Sports.

I have been quite a few times but this is probably the first time I have paid Premier League prices.

Gave the last game/visit a skip so have money in the bank.

While I am part of the McGrattan backing band after last night maybe we should give King a start with Grimshaw at right back.

6 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

Thought Pignatiello was fine last night