Dundee v Morton 15-8-23

5 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Morton should have flushed the dees crap doon the pan and well you know it.

We didnt but leave with a point.

Thank you.

oh and just incase you forgot.... you still havent beaten us. Cheery bye... 😉

intrigued baby says o rly GIF

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That 94th minute goal has all but killed Partick Thistle as well.

All on the final day shoot out.

We killed ourself!! 1 up, cruising and then for some inexplicable reason we decided to stop attacking and defend for 70 minutes. Lucky to get a point to be honest!

Edited by Sting777

2 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

It's been the same for everyone all season, including us. The standard is shockingly bad.

We had a ref chop off two perfectly good goals against ICT that cost us two points earlier in the season and I’d still say today’s ref was worse by some distance. Unbelievable.

I feel like I keep saying this every week but that genuinely was the worst refereeing performance I’ve seen at Dens for a good while. 

Morton have had our number all season and we have fallen for their tactics in time wasting, them falling over at any given chance and hacking our players down. More fool us for getting caught up in that. 

Pleasing to see Imrie basically on his arse for our equaliser. A horrible little tink that spends more time trying to wind up the crowd than manage his team. Nailed on smack addict if he wasn’t a footballer. 

Don't think we were terrible today tbh. Just about the same as we always are. An overhead kick and an absolute screamer of a free kick are just ones you need to take on the chin.

Thought Legzdins looked a bit shaky today and Oakley bullied Sweeney which caused us a lot of issues but thought other than that, we looked decent enough.

Referee made it all about himself though and was the biggest factor in our misgivings. Allowing Jakubiak and Robinson to be pushed off the ball then giving free kicks against us when Muirhead or Oakley went down. Don't think their free kick was anywhere close to being a free kick either. Not that he had an agenda against us or anything because he made a few spectacularly bad decisions against Morton as well but when a ref wants to make it all about themselves it completely ruins the flow of the game and that suited Morton down to the ground who didn't want a super fast tempo. 

Absolutely delightful to see Hannant run right up to Imrie's face when we equalised and he gave it proper big licks. Imrie ended up booting a bottle into the crowd and at FT got involved in a spat with our club doctor (?). Linesman sprinted after our member of staff as he went down the tunnel so he might be in bother.

I've been much more concerned about Partick Thistle than Queen's Park so that equaliser was all the sweeter as it has pretty much left them needing us to have a complete disaster. I can't see us losing to Cove at home so that's them snookered.

Even if we get beat next week against Caley, it's all set up to be a final day shoot out against QP. That could be a vital, vital point even if it's not what we were wanting.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't think we were terrible today tbh. Just about the same as we always are. An overhead kick and an absolute screamer of a free kick are just ones you need to take on the chin.

Thought Legzdins looked a bit shaky today and Oakley bullied Sweeney which caused us a lot of issues but thought other than that, we looked decent enough.

Referee made it all about himself though and was the biggest factor in our misgivings. Allowing Jakubiak and Robinson to be pushed off the ball then giving free kicks against us when Muirhead or Oakley went down. Don't think their free kick was anywhere close to being a free kick either. Not that he had an agenda against us or anything because he made a few spectacularly bad decisions against Morton as well but when a ref wants to make it all about themselves it completely ruins the flow of the game and that suited Morton down to the ground who didn't want a super fast tempo. 

Absolutely delightful to see Hannant run right up to Imrie's face when we equalised and he gave it proper big licks. Imrie ended up booting a bottle into the crowd and at FT got involved in a spat with our club doctor (?). Linesman sprinted after our member of staff as he went down the tunnel so he might be in bother.

I've been much more concerned about Partick Thistle than Queen's Park so that equaliser was all the sweeter as it has pretty much left them needing us to have a complete disaster. I can't see us losing to Cove at home so that's them snookered.

Even if we get beat next week against Caley, it's all set up to be a final day shoot out against QP. That could be a vital, vital point even if it's not what we were wanting.

Spot on 

32 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

f**k you Imrie you fucking rodent, f**k your time wasting team of donkeys, and f**k the sfa and their incompetent referees.

Thank you.

The rodent and donkeys your team couldn't beat this season ya pussy.