Motherwell v Dundee Utd 15 April

How can one penalty be given and another penalty not given when they were both the exact same ‘foul’? Baffling.

United deserved it, we didn’t. Can moan all day about the referee but we weren’t good enough. 

1 minute ago, boozyBJ said:

How can one penalty be given and another penalty not given when they were both the exact same ‘foul’? Baffling.

United deserved it, we didn’t. Can moan all day about the referee but we weren’t good enough. 

I'm still struggling to understand how it wasn't given. There's clear contact and it's been looked at by VAR

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

How was that not a pen at the end there that's ridiculous.

Looking forward to seeing it back and petuantly comparing it to the one St. Mirren got against us at Tannadice a few weeks back.

8 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

It probably brings us back into the relegation contention now (at least the play off spot).

That seems unlikely. If anyone has any chance on current form of getting dragged into the relegation battle it's St. Johnstone. Even then I can't see at least 2 of us in the bottom 3 being consistent enough to overhaul them.

Well that was a throwback.

i don't trust Kettlewell at all with subs and changing a game. The game was getting away from us when Utd equalised and then he still hasn't got the subs on before we concede a second. How many managers do we need to see sit there frozen not knowing what they are doing with subs.

Also the quality off the bench is rotten. Paton is not good enough. Aitchison is going to be lucky to get a scottish championship club next season.

It is so fucking stupid that we took nothing from the game despite KVV looking dangerous every time he got the ball in a forward area.

United were probably the better team over the piece though. Today showed the weakness of the back five. Got pinned in too much in the first half then in the second Fletch was occupying the whole back 3.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

i don't trust Kettlewell at all with subs and changing a game. The game was getting away from us when Utd equalised and then he still hasn't got the subs on before we concede a second. How many managers do we need to see sit there frozen not knowing what they are doing with subs.

Also the quality off the bench is rotten. Paton is not good enough. Aitchison is going to be lucky to get a scottish championship club next season.

It is so fucking stupid that we took nothing from the game despite KVV looking dangerous every time he got the ball in a forward area.

United were probably the better team over the piece though. Today showed the weakness of the back five. Got pinned in too much in the first half then in the second Fletch was occupying the whole back 3.

Bit harsh on Paton, thought he looked willing to try and find a man, needs minutes though as he wasn't the sharpest.

Ready to start the Aitchison hate group. A football terrorist.

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Jury's still out on Paton, but I'm sure he was getting ready before their penalty. idk if he was still getting instruction or just waiting for a stoppage.

Just now, AnderooMFC said:

Jury's still out on Paton, but I'm sure he was getting ready before their penalty. idk if he was still getting instruction or just waiting for a stoppage.

Aye well that is the problem Kettlewell watched the game slip away and Utd score and he still wasn't able to get a sub on before we conceded again.

There was seven minutes between the goals. Even accounting for the var check it was too slow. it was obvious to me that we were losing control of the game and it was only a matter of time until Utd equalised.  It shouldn't take minutes for a professional footballer to receive instructions.

2 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Not a game of high quality, we were poor at times in that first half and despite a lot of possession the Arabs have no real threat.

Max Johnston’s deliveries have been by and large poor.

Has this Dundee United team got two goals in them though?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hard to have any complaints about the result really. We created a ton of chances but were no where near clinical enough and when it stayed at one, there was always a strong chance Utd would peg us back as they were playing decently well all day.

I thought we were playing at a lower intensity than has been the case recently - it kind of felt like we were in end of season mode, which is disappointing - I thought midfield was as poor as it's been for a few weeks,

Would like to see the Utd penalty again as in real time it looked dodgy to me - the later one looked more like one at the time.

Said it in our own thread but we missed a few sitters that basically blew today. You need to take those easy chances. KVV missed two  I think and Furlong missed one. 

I don't get the penalty decisions. We were lucky to have not conceded two pens, however, I hate those penalty shouts. twice Fletch just ran into Kelly. But it's annoying.