Ayr v QP

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

One player who started last week is out for tonight's game apparently according to the press conference.

Raith game more likely for Mullin to be involved.

Despite what the minority on here say, we should be looking forward to tonight's game. The chat of people actually being demotivated by it truly baffles me.

I am looking forward to it actually. Should be a good game - though I would accept a very dull game as long as it is a home win.

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

One player who started last week is out for tonight's game apparently according to the press conference.

Despite what the minority on here say, we should be looking forward to tonight's game. The chat of people actually being demotivated by it truly baffles me.

I think it is because we are so often the victims of our own downfall. Games where we have gone in with hope, like the last QP game on the telly were we were just absolute shite. 

I am looking forward to it tonight, should be a nervy game early on. 

10 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

He followed that up with Houston being back, so injured player likely to be Mcallister. Every time I go to a game I hope for a great game otherwise not sure I would go. 

7 hours ago, North British 2 said:

The Spiders are not going to get much at Dens if Dundee need something in the last game . They also have a 90 minute square go at Greenock if Morton are still in the play off business which I'd expect them to be . So it's simple if we have our shit together tonight we can finish QP off for the season and also finish above them . 

It's time for our guys to own it and own it on their own turf . The team talk should be simple enough tonight , empty the tank completely,  do  the simple things well and don't give the scum bag with the whistle any opertunity to f**k us up.

Some of you so called Ayr fans on here  are gagging for us to f**k this up so you can get your pompous I told you so hats on . Take a night off being anti Ayr and  jump on board and cheer the boys on tonight . Who knows you may actually enjoy it . Anyway I intend to , Hub early doors it is , most probably at the Stevie Nicol table , my usual haunt .  Friday football ball with the whole season on the table , this is it , come on Ayr .

Especially as it's at Ochilview.

54 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm with you here (ish) even if you expect to lose.  We aren't dead in any of the positive end of season races yet. 

Managed to just fit this match into my Friday but bigger matches taking place at half 5 first :lol:

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm with you here (ish) even if you expect to lose.  We aren't dead in any of the positive end of season races yet. 

Managed to just fit this match into my Friday but bigger matches taking place at half 5 first :lol:

Yeah ok then. (Looks for the half five fixtures)

11 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Good luck tonight (Ayr) lads. Is it a thing that you get an increased attendance when there's a big race meeting over the road?

I am sure they did a thing last year for Sheffield Wednesday fans, where their ticket got them in to both. Don't think it boosted the crowd much. 

On 20/04/2023 at 15:49, Crawford said:

Nonetheless, as a standard referees should have to declare which clubs they supported during their lifetime and then be barred from refereeing in that league their team/s are currently in.

I had always presumed that they did, and didn't referee that team's games.

There was a memorable case of a referee who was packing it in and was a Rangers fan. He asked if he could be in charge of a Rangers game before he left and was allowed to do Rangers v Killie, very near the end of a season. Much howling from Celtic fans followed, yet in the actual game he turned down 3 Rangers penalty claims and Killie won 1-0, handing Celtic the title.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I had always presumed that they did, and didn't referee that team's games.

There was a memorable case of a referee who was packing it in and was a Rangers fan. He asked if he could be in charge of a Rangers game before he left and was allowed to do Rangers v Killie, very near the end of a season. Much howling from Celtic fans followed, yet in the actual game he turned down 3 Rangers penalty claims and Killie won 1-0, handing Celtic the title.

Believe that version if u want. A Rangers penalty claim is not the same as everyone else’s penalty claim.

Bobby Tait was the referee. Mark Reilly asked him how long to go deep in injury-time time with Killie up 1-0.

’Till Rangers score son’ he was told. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

How many times is that Ayr have been on the Friday night bbc Scotland game? 

Dundee, QP at home and Cove, QP, Raith away. 

Also played Pollok and Falkirk in the cup on the tele although not on a Friday night. 

We’ve won 3, drawn 1 and lost 2 of our tele games going into tonight. Unless I’ve missed any games.