Ayr v QP

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

For all that he was a roaster, the one thing Lachlan was good at was realising when dropping the prices and getting a good crowd right behind the team was needed.

That's because Ayr were just a huge sucking money pit for Cameron and the glory (and a promise to his old man) were all that were keeping him there.

The current board will be looking at the situation and realising, correctly, that the crowd is not going to double by halfing the price of a friday night televised game, and that nobody who would have paid to get in to watch Ayr potentially consolidate a playoff spot for ten quid would stay home if it were twenty.

I wouldn’t blame them if it’s in the back of their minds that when prices were dropped over the years to encourage a bumper crowd it was often met with an insipid performance.

I’d love to see a scatter graph of bumper crowds vs. Ayr shitting the bed.

13 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Win the league, don’t win the league. Neither of those outcomes can be settled this weekend. But what can, is a better performance and result than our last jaunt to Somerset Park.

Come on the Queens!! 🕷 

Better? Like, 4-0 Ayr better? Deal.

11 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

For all that he was a roaster, the one thing Lachlan was good at was realising when dropping the prices and getting a good crowd right behind the team was needed. 

Friday is huge - we absolutely need to win. I imagine that will become even clearer after tomorrow night. 

The same Lachlan Cameron who put loads of his own money into the club to stop it going out of business, aye?

3 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Better? Like, 4-0 Ayr better? Deal.

You were sent a gift that day in the shape of a central defender whose only assets seem to be height and long legs. He won’t be playing on Friday. Yer man Akinyemi will have to graft a lot harder like he did at our last meeting at Ochilview. When he didn’t score.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You were sent a gift that day in the shape of a central defender whose only assets seem to be height and long legs. He won’t be playing on Friday. Yer man Akinyemi will have to graft a lot harder like he did at our last meeting at Ochilview. When he didn’t score

That's debatable....

3 hours ago, .buzzy01 said:

See referee on Friday is Steven McLean.  God help us.

f**k right off. I took Friday off to make a day of this. Fucking hell. I hate that Dirty Killie b*****d.

For the doubters, his record when reffing our games is as follows:

P26 W3 D6 L17

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, .buzzy01 said:

See referee on Friday is Steven McLean.  God help us.

Referee in the last QP game, which was also on the BBC

Did nothing wrong that night too IIRC 

However remember he gave Dipo f**k all, interesting how some refs seem to side with when defenders get aggressive then there's others who give him nothing and favour the CB all game.

14 hours ago, Trogdor said:

f**k right off. I took Friday off to make a day of this. Fucking hell. I hate that Dirty Killie b*****d.

For the doubters, his record when reffing our games is as follows:

P26 W3 D6 L17

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

WARNING

The following may come across as paranoid:

To extrapolate Trogdor's P26 W3 D6 L17 further.  That is a win rate of 11.5%.  When you look at the other percentages for teams which Mr. Lean has officiated on ( 20 game minimum, decent sample size ) the next 'worst' lose percentage is for St. Mirren 20.9%.  " But, Ayr United are rubbish " I hear you say " " they'll lose more than they win "    Let's look at a couple of teams who have been at the lower end of their respective leagues for a while, IE as a team they'll lose more than they win;  Ross County 30.9% and Hamilton a lofty 42%.  It might be a fluke that we are bottom of these statistics, but blinking flip, we are bottom by some way.

Bookings.  Again, looking at teams Mr. McLean has officiated on a minimum of 20 times.  We have a booking rate of 1.96 Yellow Cards per game.. Surprise !! we are NOT the team with the most bookings per game, Raith Rovers have a booking rate of 2.09 Yellow Cards per game.  Ayr United only have the second highest bookings per game ratio for Mr. McLean.

Feel free to investigate the figures for yourself, and check my arithmetic if you want.

Steven McLean - Record by club | Transfermarkt

For shit and giggles I thought I'd look at our Statistics for FIFA Nominated 2023 Referees;

Willie Collum:   Ayr United win rate 36.8 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.26  over 19 Games

Kevin Clancy:   Ayr United win rate 25.0 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.87  over 8 Games

David Munro:   Ayr United win rate 43.7.0 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.31  over 16 Games

Don Robertson:  Ayr United win rate 36.8 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.57  over 19 Games

John Beaton:   Ayr United win rate 46.7 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.80  over 15 Games

Nick Walsh:  Ayr United win rate 33.3 %  Yellow Cards per Game  2.05  over 18 Games

David Dickenson:   Ayr United win rate 50 %  Yellow Cards per Game  2.00  over 4 Games

So, statistically, we are more than twice as likely to lose with Mr. McLean as Referee, as we are when officiated by the Referee with the lowest win rate across the top seven referees in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

WARNING

To extrapolate Trogdor's P26 W3 D6 L17 further.  That is a win rate of 11.5%.  When you look at the other percentages for teams which Mr. Lean has officiated on ( 20 game minimum, decent sample size ) the next 'worst' lose percentage is for St. Mirren 20.9%.  " But, Ayr United are rubbish " I hear you say " " they'll lose more than they win "    Let's look at a couple of teams who have been at the lower end of their respective leagues for a while, IE as a team they'll lose more than they win;  Ross County 30.9% and Hamilton a lofty 42%.  It might be a fluke that we are bottom of these statistics, but blinking flip, we are bottom by some way.

Bookings.  Again, looking at teams Mr. McLean has officiated on a minimum of 20 times.  We have a booking rate of 1.96 Yellow Cards per game.. Surprise !! we are NOT the team with the most bookings per game, Raith Rovers have a booking rate of 2.09 Yellow Cards per game.  Ayr United only have the second highest bookings per game ratio for Mr. McLean.

Feel free to investigate the figures for yourself, and check my arithmetic if you want.

For shit and giggles I thought I'd look at our Statistics for FIFA Nominated 2023 Referees;

Willie Collum:   Ayr United win rate 36.8 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.26  over 19 Games

Kevin Clancy:   Ayr United win rate 25.0 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.87  over 8 Games

David Munro:   Ayr United win rate 43.7.0 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.31  over 16 Games

Don Robertson:  Ayr United win rate 36.8 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.57  over 19 Games

John Beaton:   Ayr United win rate 46.7 %  Yellow Cards per Game  1.80  over 15 Games

Nick Walsh:  Ayr United win rate 33.3 %  Yellow Cards per Game  2.05  over 18 Games

David Dickenson:   Ayr United win rate 50 %  Yellow Cards per Game  2.00  over 4 Games

So, statistically, we are more than twice as likely to lose with Mr. McLean as Referee, as we are when officiated by the Referee with the lowest win rate across the top seven referees in Scotland.

Our nemesis is Chris Graham - an absolute balloon of a referee.

6 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

WARNING

We've had him for 4 games this season and won 3 of them (the other time was a draw up in Inverness). Hopefully you're right and he does hate Ayr, it'd be great if he could give us absolutely everything on Friday night.

6 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

We've had him for 4 games this season and won 3 of them (the other time was a draw up in Inverness). Hopefully you're right and he does hate Ayr, it'd be great if he could give us absolutely everything on Friday night.

Don't worry he will. He's a DKB and should not be officiating Ayr games.