Arbroath Vs Cove

19 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

2500 fans in attendance and we play for a draw, fucking shambles. When does that ever work. Will probably stay up but we need a few quality signings in the summer. Hilson does NOT deserve a new deal for his usual 3/4 worthy appearances a season, he spends most of his time a mile away from goal and most games barely even has a shot.

Hilson is not a centre forward but has done ok there, good squad player.

Would try and keep the majority of the squad and try and add some better quality, Get Scott Allan fit and involved, 

100% stay away from the kinda unknown signings that have tried and massively failed,

Ideally keep, 

Gaston, Gill, Banks, Hammy, ToB, Little, Stewart, Gold, Balde, Dow, Mckenna, Hetherington, Allan, Linn and Hislon,

Jury's out on Adarkwa and El Mhanni far to hot and cold

Been mentioned that Linn will be away but we should so all we can to keep him at the club, 

Send Shanks out on loan again

Just a couple of dangerous players with some pace in please that can pop up with a goal to help the guys out. Think all the guys we’ve got and will have next year are good and have important part to play but we’ve got one player that meets the above criteria and he cannot get a game to save himself. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Still seething over Saturday's performance.

IMO it was a "free hit" for us against the bottom team in the league so we should have went out to WIN the game but it looked to me we went out NOT TO LOSE the game ffs!!

Yes the wind spoiled the game but our performance by every player apart from Hilson was very poor.

2,500 Red Lichtie fans there ready to party but like many occasions in the past at Gayfield in front of a big home support we got let down, i have never seen so many Red Lichties fans as peed off with our performance as i did on Saturday including a few groups up from different parts of England who came up to support us.

Why did we not bring on Adarkwa (unless he is still injured) and El Mhanni not come on to try something different up front and as good as McKenna is at set plays are we not better having him in the box as he is our main goal threat?

You knew when Cove put on the giants near the end of the game and they were getting corner kicks that they were going to score.

C'Mon lads lets get a result at Partick and put this poor season to bed.

I have kept away from reading the newspapers until today and just noticed that Adarkwa was not even on the bench so i take it is still injured.

Another thing i must mention was the constant time-wasting by Cove Rangers which i found strange as they needed to win but it worked out in the end for them and the antics by their Goalie Fox was embarrassing rolling about in the back of the net then after the Referee speaks to him gets up and takes the free kick no problem.

Felt sorry for the hard working Hilson playing up front on his own, this was a day we should have went 2 up top as well as wide players putting crosses in. 

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I have kept away from reading the newspapers until today and just noticed that Adarkwa was not even on the bench so i take it is still injured.

Another thing i must mention was the constant time-wasting by Cove Rangers which i found strange as they needed to win but it worked out in the end for them and the antics by their Goalie Fox was embarrassing rolling about in the back of the net then after the Referee speaks to him gets up and takes the free kick no problem.

Felt sorry for the hard working Hilson playing up front on his own, this was a day we should have went 2 up top as well as wide players putting crosses in. 

2 things

1/ It’s a back injury for Adarkwa so he could be done for the sesson

2/ Did you see our time wasting? Especially from Gaston. A sign we had no desire to win the game

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

2/ Did you see our time wasting? Especially from Gaston. A sign we had no desire to win the game

I was going to say the exact same thing.  I mean, firstly, we have no right to complain about timewasting considering some of our performances this season.  And secondly, imagine timewasting from 45 minutes onwards at 0-0 at home to a team bottom of the league who have conceded about 7000 goals this season. 

It was a very weird performance from us. Aside from an early flurry of chances and the header, we offered next to nothing.

The second half was one of the most nothing, insipid performances I’ve ever seen from us. It definitely looked like we were playing for a draw and relying on Partick to do us a favour. It very nearly worked but it also very nearly turned into a disaster.

Even when we went a goal down, there was no urgency, no attacking substitutions…. Nothing. And to bring Allan on with 2 minutes to go was a joke. That game was crying out for a creative player yet Dick waits until injury time before making the change. At the very least, as soon as Cove scored he should have put on Allan and one or more striking options. Yes they’re shit but we needed bodies in the box to support Hilson.

Continued performances like this will not exactly entice the casual punters back through the turnstiles. Time and time again this season the fans have turned out in big numbers only to be let down.

You would think that Dick is old enough to and experienced enough to know that you can’t rely on other teams getting results to help you out, you have to do it yourself. I’m not even sure if he’s that bothered about us losing that as we have Dundee to bail us out… a very dangerous game to play.

Edited by Tattie36

14 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

2,500 Red Lichtie fans there ready to party but like many occasions in the past at Gayfield in front of a big home support we got let down, i have never seen so many Red Lichties fans as peed off with our performance as i did on Saturday including a few groups up from different parts of England who came up to support us

Totally got this feeling as well.

Sadly that's the opportunity of new regular fans and season tickets for next season gone. 

Dicks got to learn a lesson from this, there’s a time and a place for the way we play it can be very effective and work very well away from home and against better teams at home. But when we’ve got to go and win a game of football you need more than hard working honest laddies (who are very good players by the way this is not a dig at them) on the park, every team needs that one player who can pull something from nothing and that puts the fear into the opposition.

We need goals and we need creativity and pace and something a bit different and too often I think the way we have set up has killed us from the start. That was negative as on Saturday, I called it as soon as the line ups were out too. 

Bobby should have played much more than he has this year, someone like him is capable of turning the draws we have had into wins. Same goes for last season, look at the performance he put in against Inverness in the play offs. We’d been crying out for that so often that season to turn some of our draws into a win, yet there we were with Liam Henderson and James Craigen bumbling about at left midfield. 

Last year was way beyond our wildest expectations but with guys like Nouble / Wighton and Jack Hamilton it was ashame Bobby never played more. Bobby in the team every week flying and playing with Nouble more really could’ve been special. 

Everyone said the same thing at the start of this year. We need pace, we need wingers, we need strikers - hopefully this is made a priority in the summer