The Fans Championship Team of the Season

20 hours ago, Thumper said:

Is there a single person who disagrees he's POTY?

Not me disagreeing for sure. I think he's featured on literally every fan's team sheet - a player of that quality and ability to score that many goals is absolute gold for a Championship team. I totally get what Dees fans are saying about Zak Robinson - a cracker of a player whose contribution has been massive - but for me Dipo just pips him to the post, but only because I've see Dipo 4 times this season (plus TV) and I've only seen Zak the once. It's good to see our very own Liam Grimshaw featuring heavily, and also good to see Derek Gaston right up there. He'll always have the utmost respect from all at Cappielow.

Edited by Chippyminton

Just for interest I asked the RG Doofer for its thoughts, in a 4-4-2 shape. It can't judge keepers so...

*shrugs"

Davidson - Musonda - Sweeney - Milne

McMullan - Cameron - Easton - Thomas

Murray - Akinyemi

Guess Jake Davidson at RB is the dodgiest one? Its back up choices were Jack McMillan and Max Johnston.

CMs are kind of weighted towards attacking midfielders which is just a flaw in the system tbh. Sean Welsh was the closest to breaking in.

Scott Tiffoney narrowly missed out behind Dom Thomas.

Robinson (and slightly further back) Brian Graham would be next in line if you want to ignore Simon Murray.

On 18/04/2023 at 21:32, RandomGuy. said:

Just for interest I asked the RG Doofer for its thoughts, in a 4-4-2 shape. It can't judge keepers so...

*shrugs"

Davidson - Musonda - Sweeney - Milne

McMullan - Cameron - Easton - Thomas

Murray - Akinyemi

Guess Jake Davidson at RB is the dodgiest one? Its back up choices were Jack McMillan and Max Johnston.

CMs are kind of weighted towards attacking midfielders which is just a flaw in the system tbh. Sean Welsh was the closest to breaking in.

Scott Tiffoney narrowly missed out behind Dom Thomas.

Robinson (and slightly further back) Brian Graham would be next in line if you want to ignore Simon Murray.

Love Davidson but I dont think hes anywhere near this team TBH

Always enjoy setting myself the arbitrary challenge of picking one player from each team. Difficult this season with Cove and Hamilton being as bad as they've been meaning I have to pick someone who left in January for Cove and therefore hasn't played enough to feature in a team of the season but anyway, 4-3-1-2:

Fulton (Hamilton)

Oakley (Arbroath/Queen's Park)
Sanders (Cove)
Deas (ICT)
Milne (Partick)

Brown (Raith)
R. Crawford (Morton)
Cameron (Dundee)

Savoury (Queen's Park)
Akinyemi (Ayr)
Robinson (Dundee)

As realistic potential title winners Dundee and Queens get two each. Could swap Milne for Johnston with Holt in for Sanders, or Brown for Boateng with Connolly for Savoury.

Sweeney with yet another brain fart today yet gets into most people's sides on this thread. Ashcroft, who's a haddy himself, is the considerably better CH. If you're insisting on putting a Dee CH into your team, make sure it's Ashcroft lads or you're just showing yourself up!

On 17/04/2023 at 18:08, Mr.Blue said:

These threads are always going to be biased as fans have seen more of their own team than the others but I've tried to include the players who have stood out this season for me.

Fulton (Hamilton)

Grimshaw (morton)

Musonda (Ayr)

O'brien (Arbroath)

Milne (partick)

Boateng (QP)

R. Crawford ( Morton)

Turner (Partick)

Mcmullan (Dundee)

Akinyemi (Ayr)

Oakley (Morton)

Second thoughts I'd have Jack Baird in there instead of O'brien. He's been fantastic for us this season. 

Thought I was going to have to come on and plead my case for Baird to be in my team alongside Grimshaw but I see he's had a few mentions. 

Utterly flabbergasted at how good he's been this season to be honest. Barely lost a header all season, has scored 6 goals o think and performs at least a 7/10 most games, rarely dropping below a 6/10. Probably suits playing for a team like us that just want our defenders to defend but he's been my Morton player of the year above even Grimshaw. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Second thoughts I'd have Jack Baird in there instead of O'brien. He's been fantastic for us this season. 

O'brien no where near our player of the year and we have been awful,

Only Gaston with any real hope of making it,