The Fans Championship Team of the Season

With the season drawing to a close I thought it’d be interesting to get everyone’s take on the best eleven compiled of players from different Championship teams. No rules surrounding formations and such so feel free to go wild with a 2-2-6 formation or whatever takes your fancy. I’ll kick things off with my team and I’ll try and be as impartial as possible. 

GK: Derek Gaston (Arbroath) 

RB: Liam Grimshaw (Greenock Morton)

CB: Ryan Sweeney (Dundee) 

CB: Kevin Holt (Partick Thistle) 

LB: Harry Milne (Partick Thistle) 

CM: Grant Savoury (Queens Park) 

CM: Malachi Boateng (Queens Park) 

CM: Ben Dempsey (Ayr United) 

FW: Dom Thomas (Queens Park) 

FW: Dipo Akinyemi (Ayr United) 

FW: Zach Robinson (Dundee)

Maybe should be more Dundee players in there with them about to win the league but for me they don’t really have a number of stand out players besides Robinson and have instead been more of a solid all round unit this season. Hard to beat and good at punishing mistakes.

GK- Callum Ferrie

RB- Jack McMillan

CB- Lee Kilday

CB- Ryan Sweeney

LB- Tommy Robson

CM- Ben Dempsey

CM- Mal Boateng

CAM- Grant Savoury

RW- Dom Thomas

LW- Paul McMullan

ST- Dipo Akinyemi

Edited by QPFC67

Not an easy eleven to pick, if Logan Chalmers had stayed for the season and kept his form, he'd have been in.

Plenty of honourable mentions for the likes of Robinson, McCowan, Scott Brown and Allardice.

I appreciate fans of other clubs see other teams players differently and even their own.

Anyway:

Charlie Albinson

Steve Lawson

Tam O'Brien

Charlie Fox

Harry Milne

Malachi Boateng 

Sean Welsh

Nathan Shaw

Kyle Turner

Aidan Connolly

Dipo Akinyemi

Edited by BukyOHare

McMullan has been dropped for the last few matches but he’s got the most assists in the league so in with a shout I’d imagine.  Cameron has been the reason for our upturn in form but probably too late to be included.  Best defence in the league, so maybe an argument for one of Ashcroft or Sweeney. Probably the latter with his goal contributions. Robinson hasn’t played THAT many games but he’s probably our shoe in. 

The only Ayr players that should be up for consideration are Dempsey,  Albinson and Akinyemi. The first two are up for debate but Akinyemi isn't. 

McGinty has probably been good enough but is reputation puts people off him. Musonda missed a few months or would have been a contender. 

Murdoch has had a thankless task in midfield and has missed a chunk of the season. 

The rest of the team have been pretty interchangeable and unremarkable. That is maybe unfair on Nick McCallister but he set such a low bar last season and the start of this season that he is maybe just adequate. 

13 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Steve Lawson

A guy who has probably missed half the season with injuries and done nothing when he has played.

Literally the only Accies player you could maybe make a case for is Fulton but even then there are probably a few goalkeepers ahead of him.

GK - Derek Gaston

RB - Jack McMillan

LB - Harry Milne

CB - Ryan Sweeney

CB - Lee Ashcroft

CM - Liam Grimshaw

CM - Malachi Boateng

CM - Stuart Bannigan

FW - Dom Thomas

FW - Dipo Akenyemi

FW - Zach Robinson

Picking 2 CBs was a real struggle so went for those 2 purely because Dundee have conceded the least amount of goals.

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not sure why anyone is picking Connolly. He's hardly kicked a ball since January. 

Still 2 goals and 3 assists since then, as opposed to 8 goals and 2 assists for the 1st half. His workrate hasn't dropped either and he's always involved.

You can't disregard him for inclusion just because the 2nd half doesn't match up to the 1st.

I know we have the best defensive record in the league and it's a selection of a pretty poor gang of CH's but must say I'm surprised that Sweeney has been picked so often by others. He's got a bit more about him than Ashcroft, but Ashcroft is much more solid than he is although both are pretty average.

I'm gonna just go on who has caught my eye this season so if they've played shite the rest of the season or barely even played, it's just because they looked decent when they played us or in Musonda's case, caught my eye in a previous season because I can't remember anyone else.

Charlie Albinson (Ayr United)

Frankie Musonda (Ayr United - based on Raith form tbf - don't know if he's even played against us this season but looked a good step above previously)

Tam O'Brien (Arbroath)

Lee Ashcroft (Dundee)

Harry Milne (Partick Thistle)

Liam Grimshaw (Morton)

Bobby Linn (Arbroath)

Grant Savoury (QP)

Paul McMullan (Dundee)

Dipo Akinyemi (Ayr United)

Zach Robinson (Dundee)

Honourable mentions to Cameron Harper (Inverness), Lyall Cameron (Dundee) and a few others I've no doubt forgotten.

These threads are always going to be biased as fans have seen more of their own team than the others but I've tried to include the players who have stood out this season for me.

Fulton (Hamilton)

Grimshaw (morton)

Musonda (Ayr)

O'brien (Arbroath)

Milne (partick)

Boateng (QP)

R. Crawford ( Morton)

Turner (Partick)

Mcmullan (Dundee)

Akinyemi (Ayr)

Oakley (Morton)

There hasn’t really been that many stand outs this season IMO. Admittedly not had a proper think but Akinyemi, Boateng and Milne are the 3 players who’ve really seriously impressed and looked a class above. Even the likes of Tam O’Brien, hasn’t been as good as previous seasons (at least from the perhaps limited Arbroath games I’ve seen this season, any on TV + ones vs Thistle).

Edited by JagsCG