Relegation from Lowland league

Lord Elron 44

25 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Guys I go to bring the horses in and return to all this.

Mighty be a Southsider, but spent a lot of time in my early drinking years up your neck of the woods as my best mate lived in Colston; Leehill Road near the Lion Hotel if memory serves me correctly. Shit how many times did I have to sleep on her bedroom floor, naw wonder my backs shagged.

Westburn that's at the far end of Greenfield right. Does it no look like it's from the set of The Alamo?

I'm getting all teary eyed sat here in DG6 thinking about home.

Here we could all go to Dukes first home game in the SOS supporting the good guys from the South of course. If we can bring a +1, I bags VT but only if he can find it, cause no so sure about his geography skills. It is a 1hr 55min drive from my house according to Google maps, jeez I'll need to stop overnight half way up.

Oh yeh football. CAN confirm that any SOS club could have joined West at birth and been granted Tier6 like Bonnyton. If I'm not speaking out of court, Threave and Saints people told me that. Must be true I guess.

Anyway as I've got a hall pass. Amalgamate West and South and be done with.

In Cup Winners Shield today.

Vale 3 - 3 Luncarty. Luncarty get bonus pt. after 4-2 on pens.

Tier 6 v Tier 7. Let the debate begin on how sheet we are down here.

Leehill Rd, tin town, Lion Hotel closed i think. Anyway so you knew one of the Milton Tongs back in the day, fair play to you.

Anyway what's this about stopping halfway H.

Us Glesga folk will give you a bed for the night. No need to be sleeping on floors like it's 1973.

If yer a fitba man yer welcome in ma hoose anytime.

10 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Leehill Rd, tin town, Lion Hotel closed i think. Anyway so you knew one of the Milton Tongs back in the day, fair play to you.

Anyway what's this about stopping halfway H.

Us Glesga folk will give you a bed for the night. No need to be sleeping on floors like it's 1973.

If yer a fitba man yer welcome in ma hoose anytime.

Aye like Nissan Huts, prefab houses built after the war, 2nd for the youngsters. I grew up in Bundy Territory so going to the Tongs Territory was nothing.

1973, I'm no that old, 80's was my decade. Big Music and all that, Scotia Bar bottom of Stockwell was my drinking den, mind playing pool wi the 'Angels' great people.

10 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Forget Threave they have gone over to the dark side according to some. St.Marys is 'nice' when a gale is blowing up the bay.

Spent a couple of seasons going to St Marys watching Saints, late seventies early eighties, i was in primary school then,  the legendary old wooden stand and a caravan as a pie hut with a big shiny tea urn. Those days the ball stuck to the muddy pitch unlike now where the ball skites of the plastic pitch and up Castledykes Road

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

lolol,  what were you at the meeting for, putting the sugar in the teas 🤣🤣🤣
and then out the room filling up the urn as you musta been as you've avoided the questions twice 

❤️

crazy-horse.gif

3 hours ago, Sermani said:

Spent a couple of seasons going to St Marys watching Saints, late seventies early eighties, i was in primary school then,  the legendary old wooden stand and a caravan as a pie hut with a big shiny tea urn. Those days the ball stuck to the muddy pitch unlike now where the ball skites of the plastic pitch and up Castledykes Road

In the early 90's stayed in Buchanan St. just off Castledykes. Am old boy, long gone now, would chap on my door to pop down to St.Marys. If I wasn't in he would just toddle off down there himself totally unfused. Was the only time we ever spoke to one another, his missus on the other hand, never shut up.

Fond memories  of a simpler time.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

49 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Man this topic has strayed so far from the original post. I have to go to the header to check what is ut we are duscussing.

46 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

In the early 90's stayed in Buchanan St. just off Castledykes. Am old boy, long gone now, would chap on my door to pop down to St.Marys. If I wasn't in he would just toddle off down there himself totally unfused. Was the only time we ever spoke to one another, his missus on the other hand, never shut up.

Fond memories  of a simpler time.

You certainly haven't helped the cause :lol:

20 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Every time I come off the M74 it says South West Scotland. All over Galloway there are shop signs, road signs, I get leaflets through the door that all say South West Scotland. So they are all wrong and you are right.

Well no, because the relevant geographic point is clearly highlighted too. CD and indeed the whole of Galloway are quite clearly located in the Southern feeder of the pyramid, in the exact same way that Fort William play in the North Caledonian League.

Threave's ridiculous move is no less absurd than allowing Fort William to jump over to the West. No amount of bizarre references to road signs changes that reality. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Well no, because the relevant geographic point is clearly highlighted too. CD and indeed the whole of Galloway are quite clearly located in the Southern feeder of the pyramid, in the exact same way that Fort William play in the North Caledonian League.

Threave's ridiculous move is no less absurd than allowing Fort William to jump over to the West. No amount of bizarre references to road signs changes that reality. 

Not being pedantic but for some reason football is the only organisation that calls down here "south"  British/Scottish Government, Councils, tourist board, locals etc all call us the South West. The Borders is not known as the South or even the South East.

Threave are in the WOSFL because they applied and got voted in. No shouting about that will change it whether it is liked or not. 

39 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Not being pedantic but for some reason football is the only organisation that calls down here "south"  British/Scottish Government, Councils, tourist board, locals etc all call us the South West. The Borders is not known as the South or even the South East.

Threave are in the WOSFL because they applied and got voted in. No shouting about that will change it whether it is liked or not. 

Oh oh you've done it now.

We really need to start a club of those who have offended the sensitive one. There's  me obviously, now you, @San Starko Rover joined recently. I'm  sure @newcastle broon is in too. How about you @PossilYM mate. Can't have a club on here that you ain't a member. We can meet in the Westburn

There are others, lots of others.

Is this still that relegation thread. Can't remember anymore.

48 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Oh oh you've done it now.

We really need to start a club of those who have offended the sensitive one. There's  me obviously, now you, @San Starko Rover joined recently. I'm  sure @newcastle broon is in too. How about you @PossilYM mate. Can't have a club on here that you ain't a member. We can meet in the Westburn

There are others, lots of others.

Is this still that relegation thread. Can't remember anymore.

Well H, i did warn you about the Pyramid Ultras.

I'm starting to go off the Westburn idea, wrong end Greenfield playing fields.

Let's move the Pie and Bovril gig round to Shettleston Rd, more choice.

What about the Drum or the Manky Bar sorry Marquis Bar?

14 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Well H, i did warn you about the Pyramid Ultras.

I'm starting to go off the Westburn idea, wrong end Greenfield playing fields.

Let's move the Pie and Bovril gig round to Shettleston Rd, more choice.

What about the Drum or the Manky Bar sorry Marquis Bar?

Is there a right end up there.

The Marquis, you being serious there are some sensitive souls on here.

The Drum aye that could work.

Or the Kirkhouse used to go there after finishing early on a Friday.

Remembering now the drinking holes, and holes is a perfect way to describe them, when I was first drinking. What a list.

The Stab, sorry, Pollok Inn. The Pines, Quo Vadis, and all the pubs on Nitshill Rd, that are erased from my memory.

And yes for the uninitiated it was even known as Stab Inn by the polis.

What feckin thread is this I'm lost now.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

6 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Is there a right end up there.

The Marquis, you being serious there are some sensitive souls on here.

The Drum aye that could work.

Or the Kirkhouse used to go there after finishing early on a Friday.

Remembering now the drinking holes, and holes is a perfect way to describe them, when I was first drinking. What a list.

The Stab, sorry, Pollok Inn. The Pines, Quo Vadis, and all the pubs on Nitshill Rd, that are erased from my memory.

And yes for the uninitiated it was even known as Stab Inn by the polis.

What feckin thread is this I'm lost now.

Don't worry about it, it's the LL forum.

You can post anything anywhere on here.

As long as you have money to buy them off sorry pay the entry fee.

Btw think every pub you've mentioned plus the Cart Bar is gone.

4 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Don't worry about it, it's the LL forum.

You can post anything anywhere on here.

As long as you have money to buy them off sorry pay the entry fee.

Btw think every pub you've mentioned plus the Cart Bar is gone.

The Cart now you're talking. Jeez and people say down here, oh that pubs rough. Geez a break don't know meaning of the word.

Naw The Pines is now one of they food places, sizzling I think, total shit.

Stab Inn is still there, pass everytime I visit family, it's now a trendy bar I believe.

Sure Quo Vads still there, again some bloody food pub or other.

Did you see my idea 're PUBHOPPERS I think it's a winner. More than happy to get drive about from pub to pub on a coach.

Instead of programmes, badges at am. Beer towels and my personal favourite named beer glasses. Not collected new ones for a while.