Airdrieonians v The Champions

On the subject of kits, whoever decided white numbers and letters on the back of Dunfermline's kit yesterday needs someone to have a word in their ear.

As a neutral I must have pulled that face when you're trying to read the bottom line at the opticians throughout the game.

The away team played some excellent football in the first half, a bit more even in the 2nd until the red cards. I did wonder if Benedictus' was a bit harsh if he had a teammate covering for the one he got.

When it went to 11 v 9, Airdrie were guilty of trying to walk the ball in, taking an extra pass or their final ball in wide areas wasnt good enough. 

Would definitely like to see both teams in the Championship next season.

8 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Thought the dunfermline boy McCann looked a handful while he was on, I'll admit to having not any great knowledge on him prior, and can see he's came through fife youth etc. Promising player?

He played the last game at your bit, I didn't think he had a great game but McPake said he was the only one to get pass marks in the first half, so what do I know.

He came through the Fife Academy and has in the last 3/4 games really hit a good spell and looked good, hopefully he continues next year in the same vein of form.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Thought the dunfermline boy McCann looked a handful while he was on, I'll admit to having not any great knowledge on him prior, and can see he's came through fife youth etc. Promising player?

He's a handful but only now starting to show the finished article, although still a lot to learn I'm sure. Came through the youth and was a pretty natural striker. He's been introduced by Stevie Crawford to the first team and looked promising as a sort of wide forward playing off Kevin Nisbet. Then in the closed season he absolutely smashed the gym, came back huge and it's really helped him. He's pretty good with his head, can be a bit gung-ho and should probably have scored more this season had he a bit more composure but he's getting there, also had a few injuries to deal with this season which kept him out a couple of months at a time. The last few weeks have seen him play wide and his link up with Wighton and Matty Todd (who also came through youth with him but wasn't in the squad yesterday) has been really impressive. He's the younger brother of Ali McCann who was at St.Johnstone for their cup winning double before joining Preson North End (I think) so there's talent in the family.

He qualifies for Northern Ireland too due to one of his parents so he's featured for the 21's etc which is a bonus and gives him more experience.

Big Yogi came in and played him as the main 9 ahead of guys like Todorov and shipped Wighton out on loan to Arbroath which was surprising but he did grab a few goals under his reign last season. I think a good pre-season and we'll see him a regular in the starting 11 next season.

All the best to you guys in the playoffs, couple of good ex Pars boys with you so I'd like to see you come up, even if just for them. Fordyce & McCabe were part of one of my favourite recent Pars seasons, the last time we won L1 in 2015/2016. And also I'd really enjoy if Falkirk didn't make it because well it's just funny isn't it :)

Edited by The Toun Clock

Watched the highlights. Brilliant goal from us. Not seen us defend a corner so poorly in a while, McPake will be disappointed with that goal we conceded. No complaints with either red. Benedictus knew what he was doing. O’Hara was clumsy, but foot looks very high - hard to see what really happened, but I can certainly see why it might have been a red.

Special shout-out to the idiot early on in the highlights, screaming for offside from a goal kick. The way they continued to shout at the linesman as well. It always amazes me how worked up people can get, about rules they clearly don’t understand. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Special shout-out to the idiot early on in the highlights, screaming for offside from a goal kick. The way they continued to shout at the linesman as well. It always amazes me how worked up people can get, about rules they clearly don’t understand. 

My favourites when a centre half knees the ball back to the keeper and the scream of "passback" when the keeper lifts it.

Aye just seen the highlights too. The Benedictus red looked right. Not sure about the O'Hara one, although the angle made it hard to tell. The absolute dogshit that is ParsTV didn't show a replay either, so had to rewind a couple of times. Still not sure about it. Didn't help that the shite ParsTV camera was really zoomed and shaking all over the place just before the incident, with them having to zoom in and try to keep up with play.

Nice finish from Wighton but Airdrie will be disappointed that a simple ball up the middle of the pitch resulted in a goal, especially when the defender could have cut it out. Likewise our team will be disappointed at the goal we conceded.

Have quite enjoyed Dunfermline in the league, they've won it the right way. It's been good games between us and even though the rivalry isn't what it was in the 90s it's been competitive. Mostly though it's meant the first season in the last five where we haven't had to listen to incessant crown w@nks from the Grangemouth Galacticos in lieu of them actually having any on field success, particular the insufferable ITK bore that is @Shodwall cat. He was supremely confident that the pars support would collapse when they came down and here we are where your home attendance has been about 15% bigger than theirs and as a result not a peep in terms of crowd chat 😂😂

Edited by cb_diamond

26 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Have quite enjoyed Dunfermline in the league, they've won it the right way. It's been good games between us and even though the rivalry isn't what it was in the 90s it's been competitive. Mostly though it's meant the first season in the last five where we haven't had to listen to incessant crown w@nks from the Grangemouth Galacticos in lieu of them actually having any on field success, particular the insufferable ITK bore that is @Shodwall cat. He was supremely confident that the pars support would collapse when they came down and here we are where your home attendance has been about 15% bigger than theirs and as a result not a peep in terms of crowd chat 😂😂

The strangest poster on this site - and that is saying something.

24 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

The strangest poster on this site - and that is saying something.

Now that's a wild reach in this cess pit and we both know it. I wouldn't even crack the top 15 in your own support for odd posting.

19 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Pars vs Airdrie thread and your comment is on Falkirk attendances? The Airdrie obsession with us is genuinely impressive at this point. Average crowd of about 1,000 whenever Falkirk or Dunfermline arent there, so maybe you should keep your mouth shut.

A very weird game. Could have been 2-2 or 3-3 at halftime, despite Dunfermline being much the better side. That Ritchie-Hosler was excellent, a very good prospect. 

Airdrie had then been the better side in the second half and crucially bounced back really quickly following an excellent finish from Wighton (after an uncharacteristic failed clearance from Fordyce). The diving header attempt from Stanway seemed to open space up somehow and Gallagher is too clever and reacts too quickly for his marker. Dunfermline seemed surprisingly vulnerable from corners all game, but that was the only time we capitalised. 

Think we missed Gabby McGill especially in the first half, and lost composure a wee bit with our attempts once it became a training exercise following the red cards, but we got the point we wanted as a minimum so, job done. 

Was impossible to see exactly what had gone on in the away stand, but it was still pretty funny watching folk completely ignore the game, and watching them argue amongst themselves and shout at each other. Also enjoyed the guy in a baseball cap who genuinely threw it to the ground in apoplexy at the second red, like in a skit. Chap nearly combusted and appeared to be offering fellow Dunfermline supporters out for a robust chat in the aftermath.

Wonder if he managed to his hat back after his frothing had subsided. 

On 23/04/2023 at 00:20, Socks said:
  • If the two goalkeepers’ shirts are the same colour and neither has another shirt, the referee allows the match to be played

On 22/04/2023 at 23:38, Skyline Drifter said:

There's absolutely no rule that says the ref can't wear the same colours as either side's keeper. They try to avoid it if possible but it's not always possible depending what options each side has. It's pretty unusual for refs to be anywhere near either goalkeeper on the pitch (they very rarely run into a penalty area during open play) so if need be they will wear the same as a GK. They prefer the two opposing keepers to have different kits in case the game gets to a stage where one keeper comes up for a late set piece in the other box. They'll prefer for their own kit to clash with one keeper than for both keepers to wear the same.

Back to the subject of strips, I noticed both goalies in yesterday's FA Cup semi between Brighton & Man U were wearing all yellow. Certainly not contradicitng anything anyone has posted, just surprised to see it.

5 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Pars vs Airdrie thread and your comment is on Falkirk attendances? The Airdrie obsession with us is genuinely impressive at this point. Average crowd of about 1,000 whenever Falkirk or Dunfermline arent there, so maybe you should keep your mouth shut.

😂😂😂😂

Tony Hale Them Is Fighting Words GIF by Veep HBO