Boness Athletic

2 hours ago, 19052012 said:

I watched them away to harthill during the week there and didn’t think they were all that great, not sure if they were stuffing hangovers from the league win last weekend but they looked average

Changed half the team after securing league on the friday

A bold claim, however results have been excellent against Premier opposition.

Not sure if this is down to teams taking them lightly and changing line-ups etc.

Only time will tell, but with an alleged budget to rival most in the EoS that could be sooner than later as they progress through the leagues..

They have pissed the league but it doesn’t look like it was that much of a challenge...

I imagine they’ll do well again in Div 2 next year too? I know little about the league, but Whitburn seemed to have fared more than comfortably and Syngenta (R.I.P) were too I think.

But Daramola’s away to Kelty, I’m assuming Patterson’s back to Arbroath and I’ll be very surprised if a someone doesn’t come in for Grant Rose now. That must be 100 odd goals between the three which is some very very big boots to fill.

Edited by BonessBWAH_

4 hours ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

They have pissed the league but it doesn’t look like it was that much of a challenge...

I imagine they’ll do well again in Div 2 next year too? I know little about the league, but Whitburn seemed to have fared more than comfortably and Syngenta (R.I.P) were too I think.

But Daramola’s away to Kelty, I’m assuming Patterson’s back to Arbroath and I’ll be very surprised if a someone doesn’t come in for Grant Rose now. That must be 100 odd goals between the three which is some very very big boots to fill.

Paterson won't be back at Arbroath 

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I guess this is how the Tories felt when UKIP arrived on the scene.

A drop in Fanbase when the easy wins are available then in a few years they’ll disappear over the hill when the results dry up.

which in turn will mean the thistle will be the best team in Lithgy?

On a position I’ve note. Kudos to you for giving those young players a platform.

The difficulty will be keeping that going. As they leave. Fancy you’ll obliterate the league above so it’ll be when in the first division that things will start to get a bit harder. That’s one more season to try get some cash out of developing players then the hard work starts.

Are Athletic about to be the second SFA Licence club in Bo'ness? The club website shows various club policies needed for a licence so wondered if this will happen this time around so Athletic can play in the Scottish Cup from now on.